Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2022, 13:06   #616
BANNED

Re: My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
There is one new addition, which makes it probably the only Automated function in the whole Gypsy if we ignore the wipers. They have given a switch to raise or lower the headlight beam and it works with a nice buzzing sound

This thing has never worked in my car, I should have it checked, always forgot to, during regular servicing all these years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Arya View Post
The holes (8 in no) on the mounting surface as can be clearly seen are tapered and not straight therefore if you use the regular lug nuts to secure the hub then it will never sit properly on the flange and eventually will result in a play that can cause a possible damage to the splines on the drive shaft .
I just remembered I use 1" wheel spacers to prevent rubbing of tyre on the Ironman Leafs. I hope the FWH can still be installed with spacers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Just opened the Hub packing and it appears the washers are now part of standard supplies unless I am confusing this with something else
Mine came with one cone washer missing and I am now ordering it from Dubai. LOL
Old 30th September 2022, 23:31   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbones View Post
My gypsy owned me for 10 complete years on May 4th 2021.
Been a while since we've heard from the Gypsy
Old 28th March 2023, 18:00   #618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Ok for the visors. But why is AC ruled out due to reliability. An AC in the Gypsy can be reliable if done properly by the right person / expert.
There are so many contradictory views and experiences on fitting and performance of AC's in Gypsy's; would be grateful if you could share the set up in your Gypsy, will try and emulate that.
Old 28th March 2023, 20:53   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresquire View Post
There are so many contradictory views and experiences on fitting and performance of AC's in Gypsy's; would be grateful if you could share the set up in your Gypsy, will try and emulate that.
As far as i recollect, the blower was a Superking blower routed via the stock vents whereas the compressor was a variable compressor from the swift which would manage the performance based on the load. Additionally the compressor performance was also managed by a rotary switch to manage the amount of cooling needed.

The fan ahead of the condenser was an electric fan which would switch on along with the AC. The fan was also connected to a standalone switch to run it without AC in traffic as the condenser ahead of the radiator would block the airflow thereby raising the engine temperature. The fan was used to pull air and force it in to maintain the engine temperature.

There were absolutely zero issues with this setup.

Trust this helps.

Cheers,
Raj
Desmosedici is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 17:16   #620

Thanks for the information Desmosedici.

I am looking to install AC in my Gypsy soon. I too want it to work through stock vents. Can you please share an estimate of cost of the above mentioned setup?

Also, can anyone help me with installation process, parts and cost of windscreen defogger?

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks