Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2019, 02:11   #601
BHPian

Re: My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI

Nothing much to worry mate. Worst case scenario- The damage, if any, has already been done. Don't fiddle much with it now. Besides, congratulations on the new buy. BTW you got it from Mandi (HP 33)?
Old 28th June 2019, 02:12   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_hilldriver View Post
Nothing much to worry mate. Worst case scenario- The damage, if any, has already been done. Don't fiddle much with it now. Besides, congratulations on the new buy. BTW you got it from Mandi (HP 33)?
Thanks Sid. Yes I understand, no point in touching it now, at times we try to be impatient and end up doing such things. I could have easily got a Bluetooth barrel type speakers for the same money I spend in this install, which would have also sounded much better with no alterations at all. Yes I got it from Competent Motors - Mandi and registered in Kullu (In-laws place)
Old 31st January 2020, 12:31   #603
BHPian

50K of Fun and Excitement.Even after 8yrs 8mts, it still drives as good as a new gypsy, every switch to every light works as it has to be. 7yrs 32K Yokohama geolanders AT 215-75-R15 still has a good life left in them, May be will replace them once the rubber becomes hard.I too believe in the myth of changing tires every 4yrs, but strongly believe in : Don't try to fix something which is not broken : AC is running strong all these years with out any maintenance, sanden 507 compressor with super king blower(don't fix anything which is not broken).
My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-22.jpg

No signs of any rust but still a good coat of 3M under body anti rust, with a nice body polish is all it needs. Hope this will keep it going for another 10yrs with out any problem.
My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-21.jpg

Gypsy has a time less design, and i just love it.
My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-23.jpg

These vehicles are not designed and made with an expiry date, if taken care, if feel they can last a life time.
My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-25.jpg

Original Paint quality is the best, and toughest i have seen till date. It is scratch resistant to a good extent, where new cars need a coat of paint, gypsy needs a good wash with a clean cloth wipe. Got the bonnet painted with a single coat of paint, as it had some really bad scratches( courtesy - a close friend who is drunk).
My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-24.jpg

Last edited by drbones : 31st January 2020 at 12:38.
drbones is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st April 2020, 17:28   #604
BHPian

Hi Drbones,
I recently bought a Apr 2010 Gypsy King for my Dad. The dashboard and switchgear has been replaced. I noticed that the wiper control was only 02 speed- Lo and Hi. Did the 2010 Gypsy come with intermittent speed option. Wanted to check from you since you have a 2010 model bought new. If yes can you check the location of the intermittent wiper relay. Thanks in advance.
Old 25th April 2020, 16:32   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwagon View Post
Hi Drbones,
I recently bought a Apr 2010 Gypsy King for my Dad. The dashboard and switchgear has been replaced. I noticed that the wiper control was only 02 speed- Lo and Hi. Did the 2010 Gypsy come with intermittent speed option. Wanted to check from you since you have a 2010 model bought new. If yes can you check the location of the intermittent wiper relay. Thanks in advance.
As per the forum, post December 2013 the Gypsy's started coming with 3 Speed Wipers. Here's a quote from elsewhere in the Forum which suggests so, this was when the Gypsy website was down for a couple of days & upgrade rumors were doing rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
3 Speed Wiper seems to be something new. Generally its only 2 speed.

Disclaimer - less Ignition and Multi Function Levels under Electrical Equipment, god knows what they are trying to say.
Also below is a 2004 Brochure of a Gypsy King MPFI which says the King had 2 Speed Wipers.

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-gypsy-2004-brochure-last-page.jpg

IIRC 3 Speed Wipers were standard since April 2010.

I Own a 2017 Gypsy King (Got Gypsy’ied - My brand new Maruti Gypsy 4x4) & it has 3 Speed Wipers. Hope this helps.

Last edited by SwapnilNalavade : 25th April 2020 at 17:00.
SwapnilNalavade is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 22:51   #606
BHPian

Not exactly,SwapnilNalavade. My King of Feb 2011 came with 3-speed wipers (including intermittent). I think it started with BS4, as Gypsy was one year late in updating engine to Bharat Stage IV.

My previous MG 410W had two speeds, and it used to be quite irritating to keep left hand on wiper switch to manually keep turning it on-off during a drizzle.

One solution would be to update the combination switch to that of M-800, if the King assembly is not available. I do not know if anything else needs to be changed or added to the wiring circuit. But that brings the stalks uncomfortably close to the Gypsy steering wheel -- flashing headlight and operating windshield washer becomes dicey. Also, driving with dipped beam is uncomfortable.
Old 1st May 2020, 12:20   #607

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakemanJohny View Post
Not exactly,SwapnilNalavade. My King of Feb 2011 came with 3-speed wipers (including intermittent). I think it started with BS4, as Gypsy was one year late in updating engine to Bharat Stage IV.
That's what is said, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwapnilNalavade View Post
IIRC 3 Speed Wipers were standard since April 2010.
April 2010 was when BS4 Norms were mandated in Metros, while rest of the Country was still BS3.
Old 1st May 2020, 20:08   #608
BHPian

Right, speedemOn. I was waiting to upgrade from Gypsy 1000cc for almost one year. While all other Maruti cars got the new K series engines from April 2010, Gypsy's (and my) fate hung in balance for nearly a year. Finally they decided to refurbish the old Esteem MPFI engine to BS4 standards.

So I was delighted to get the MG413W BS4 with intermittent wipers, AND power brakes -- two features absent in my older 4WD !

Now I was again waiting for the Indian LWB Jimny, but Shree COVID 19 put a spanner in the works !
Old 29th June 2020, 00:14   #609

Quote:
Hi Drbones,
I recently bought a Apr 2010 Gypsy King for my Dad.
Hi , congratulations on buying the Gypsy, I am also from Delhi and planning to buy one, could you tell me how much it cost you and what was the condition of the car when you bought it?
Thanks
kartik_26
Old 26th July 2020, 21:30   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartik_26 View Post
Hi , congratulations on buying the Gypsy, I am also from Delhi and planning to buy one, could you tell me how much it cost you and what was the condition of the car when you bought it?
Thanks
kartik_26
I picked up from a relatively more reliable guy in Mayapuri. It costed by approx 2.6 lakhs for the base vehicle with basic repair, paint job and registration. Plus additionals for a hardtop and power steering, Approx 2.85 lakhs. Then I put in new tubeless Tyres (04) for around 20K and a reliable AC setup from Karol bagh for another 30 K. So total onroad approx 3.35 Lakhs for a 2010 model.
samwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 14:14   #611

Quote:
I picked up from a relatively more reliable guy in Mayapuri. It costed by approx 2.6 lakhs for the base vehicle with basic repair, paint job and registration. Plus additionals for a hardtop and power steering, Approx 2.85 lakhs. Then I put in new tubeless Tyres (04) for around 20K and a reliable AC setup from Karol bagh for another 30 K. So total onroad approx 3.35 Lakhs for a 2010 model.
Thank you for the reply, if possible could you give me the contact details of all these people.
Old 6th June 2021, 23:10   #612
BHPian

My gypsy owned me for 10 complete years on May 4th 2021. So many memories with this versatile, reliable, and fun to drive vehicle. May no other vehicle in my life can give me so much excitment, adventure, fun, and utility.This the first 4x4 vehicle i started to learn offroading the hard way. One of the best things i did in my life is to buy a brand new gypsy 10yrs back, i knew very little that this little suv will travel with me for so long, and it will be with me, may be until it keeps moving.

First pic of my gypsy i clicked 10yrs back
My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_9893.jpg

Few pics from archives.
My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_9900.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_9901.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_9902.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_9903.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_9904.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_9905.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_9906.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_9912.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_9913.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_9914.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_9915.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_9916.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_9917.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_9918.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_9919.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_9920.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_9921.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_9922.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_9924.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_9925.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_9926.jpg

My brand new Gypsy King 1.3L MPFI-img_9927.jpg
drbones is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 14:02   #613
BHPian

Hello Doctor,

Many congratulations on completing 10 years with the Gypsy, I am pretty sure it has been worth the experience.

The picture are lovely and you seem to have travelled to far off lands, pls bring out the Tlogs of your travel experience with the Gypsy, just few pictures won’t do justice to it.
abhikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 11:15   #614
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
The part is open from Maruti's end for sale
I need exactly one single cone washer but looks like it is out of stock everywhere. Any got a spare? My installation is pending due to this.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakemanJohny View Post
My BS4 Gypsy King came with just 2 speed wipers - same year model... strange! This is news to me. Gotta search for 3-speed wipers now.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd July 2022 at 05:31. Reason: Back to back posts merged; quoted text trimmed
Old 28th May 2022, 20:03   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
My BS4 Gypsy King came with just 2 speed wipers - same year model... strange! This is news to me. Gotta search for 3-speed wipers now.
Strange indeed ! More peculiar, the 3+INT combination switch is not available in Calcutta -- shops claim there is no such part number in catalogue. So I had to fit the M800 part when my original became too loose, leading to problems I mentioned.

Most Viewed