Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2009, 00:27   #106
BHPian

A few army Jonga pictures.
Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-para230016.jpg
This B/W is from the '71 war by paratroopers, and therefore has as many things removed to save weight.
Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-milan.jpg
This one is a Anti-tank platfrom. It different from the earlier ones used as mounts for the recoiless(RCL) gun, in which the rear side is cut shorter and paltforms for the gunner and loader made there, and the windscrren too in cut in the form of an unverted-U from the middle so the gun barrel can pass through while transporting. This one looks like its a mount for the Milan
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-leftpic10.jpg  

Old 4th April 2009, 01:10   #107
BHPian

More pics anyone???
Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-45-dream-garage-patrol.jpg
Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-25.jpg
Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-17.jpg
Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-09.jpg
Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-03.jpg
Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-35.jpg
Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-19.jpg
Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-11.jpg
Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-05.jpg
Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	5111
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	119743
Sorry if i posted any pics twice..
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-20.jpg  

Old 4th April 2009, 09:20   #108
Senior - BHPian

Ahh another set of sheer visual treat! Those mean tyres on an already mean body looks so ravishing!!
Old 4th April 2009, 11:11   #109
BHPian

wow, those are some knee jerking pictures. Never ever seen such pictures of Jonga's in action. Impressive.
Old 4th April 2009, 16:06   #110
BHPian

I've got a little more than 4,000 Jonga pictures, thats why i said i wish i could show you more, lol
Old 4th April 2009, 16:37   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus View Post
I've got a little more than 4,000 Jonga pictures, thats why i said i wish i could show you more, lol
wow,that's a pretty big number dude. hope your feeling better now. upload some good once on rapidshare or something. Need some ideas.Something like the first blue Patrol[jonga]

Last edited by dinar : 4th April 2009 at 16:39.
Old 4th April 2009, 17:40   #112
BHPian

Thats the one that kicked off my Jonga craze, dude.

Yah Dinar, i'am better now, started walking around a bit, but it would take a few more days to avoid using a walking stick.

Posting the good ones, ummm, well i only saved the good ones, and posting that many sounds like some sort of punishment. Still, gimme a very boring day and i'll try to post as many as possible, probably on photobucket or something.
Old 4th April 2009, 17:44   #113
Senior - BHPian

Jonga became famous in India when late PM Rajiv Gandhi used it extensivly in his Rally campaigns and also to reach the rocky rural areas.
He would many times drive himself as he was an adventurous man just like his brother Sanjay Gandhi.
doordarshan used to flash many clippings of the Jonga.
Old 4th April 2009, 18:35   #114
BHPian

And also since it was extensively used by Army and Air-force teams in the Himalayan rallies, which sadly is not held anymore. I still remember as a very small kid, when i was studing in a boarding school in Shimla, we used to hear talk of these rally cars passing through the city.
Old 5th April 2009, 17:15   #115
Senior - BHPian

hi brutus

this is from my side

Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-chris_g60.sized.jpg

Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-datsun_patrol_1960_erster_offizeller_patrol.jpg

Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-day1_1.sized.jpg

Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-hector_78_3.jpg

Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-img_4430_2.sized.jpg

Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-nissan_patrol_6080_30.jpg

Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-nissan_patrol_1962.jpg

Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-patrol_1.sized.jpg

Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-patrol_3.sized.jpg

Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-steves_g608.sized.jpg

Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-steves_g6017.sized.jpg
Old 5th April 2009, 17:18   #116
Senior - BHPian

hi brutus
please put your old avatar back it was your identity (at least for some of us).

Last edited by jeepster : 5th April 2009 at 17:19.
Old 5th April 2009, 21:57   #117
BHPian

Yeh, those guys are my friends, the first guy a Ian from the U.S., an hardcore Patrol fan, who has been all over the world looking for these, the fist Jonga belongs to a guy in australia(i forgot his name), but its just got half the original body and frame. You should have a look at the patrol(later version) that hes modded for offroading ,complete with custom portal axles and custom coil over shocks.
The last picture is of Steve from Australia, who has about 5, maybe 6 patrols, and thats just the ones that are complete, otherwise if you count in the bits and peices of the donor patrols, then i really don't know how much it would make. He even has very custom 5 speeder gearbox made for the patrol for a very limited time.

As for the old avatar picture, i changed to this one and soon realized i don't have a backup picture of the old one. Chances are, it might be somewhere in my computer, but if i don't find it, then i'll get something more appropriate. The problem is that i like neither of these avators, since i am not much of a Jeep only fan. To portray myself more clearly, i am looking for some standard dirty & dented offorder/diesel kind of avators. The moment i find or make that, it would remain my standard avator. Thanks anyways.
Bikram
Old 6th April 2009, 09:25   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus View Post
since i am not much of a Jeep only fan. To portray myself more clearly, i am looking for some standard dirty & dented offorder/diesel kind of avators. The moment i find or make that, it would remain my standard avator.
Bikram

how about following

Quote:
Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-4x4adventures1.jpg

Name:  brand.gif
Views: 4606
Size:  1.2 KB

Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-images.jpg
Nissan pick up

Nissan Jonga! Can I have some details about this monster truck?-nissan_patrol_1968.jpg
Old 6th April 2009, 14:50   #119
BHPian

lol, nice try, thanks, but thats not what i'am looking for. Something more like those sketches of off-roading Bronco's.
Old 15th April 2009, 22:30   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashn View Post
Hi Guys,

I got a Jonga more than a year back. we restored it back to its original glory. It took us almost close to a year to complete the project.

We have kept the six cylinder petrol engine intact. The second and the third gear had absolutely worn out and We got the second and third gear from a Nissan 1 tonner....

it was featured in the Auto car issue of May 2008.

Will post the restoration story in detail. here is a pic of the vehicle...
Hi Abhilash,

I visited our website myjonga.com

Excellent job my friend. Jonga is a fantastic vehicle and you have restored it very well. Just curious, during restoration, did you remove the bod from the chassis to strengthen and restore the frame? These vehicles have experienced lot of stress during the service years and might need some chassis repair.

Regards

Jaskirat

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks