Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2009, 01:24   #511
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear you have found a decent workshop who know what they are doing.

Any chance you could ask them how much they would charge for AC fitment.

Also can they get proper body mount bush instead of the el cheapo one day wonders found elsewhere?

Last edited by bigman : 10th August 2009 at 01:28.
Old 10th August 2009, 02:15   #512
Senior - BHPian

What model is the jeep on the left??? It reminds me of

Last edited by The Wolf : 10th August 2009 at 02:16.
Old 10th August 2009, 02:46   #513
Senior - BHPian

That is a CJ6 (or 5). Not a Mahindra. A Proper American jeep.
I know a few in chennai including one owned by...
Old 10th August 2009, 10:21   #514
BHPian

Harjeev,

Your detailing on the workmanship of Mayapuri guys vs good workshop is a big eye-opener for guys like us who are infants in the world of jeeps. I am looking for options other than Mayapuri and M&M's workshop managed by Sudhir Kashyap is a big boon to newcomers.

AarEmm
MM540, Scorpio DX, RD350
Old 10th August 2009, 11:32   #515
Senior - BHPian

Harjeev,

You know what,some times one must keep all the options open! We generally dont go to M&M authorised workshop or use MSL parts fearing they might be really expensive! We hear the second hand part rates and come to a conclusion that new parts might be doubly expensive but most of the times we are charged almost 75-80% of the new part cost for the old one.

Also mayapuri guys pose as if they are jeep gods and say M&M guys dont know anything as they have almost stopped working on jeeps. M&M workshop is expensive no doubt.But this is the best place to go if you have budget and you are new to jeeps. Atleast you will not be cheated!

Iam happy you found the right place for your vehicle.
Old 10th August 2009, 12:16   #516
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
While I was with Mandeep at the electrician's shop (I think it was on Tuesday the 4th of August) naturally I asked him to what to do and he advised me to go to Mahindra First Choice's outlet in North Delhi. Its owned by as the name says its all by M&M and comes under Mr. Sudhir Kashyap who is the Dy GM- North. I had met Mr.Sudhir Kashyap (SK) at an OTR once in the past & I called them the very next day had an appointment fixed for Sunday.
Oh boy, you just hit the mother lode. Having Sudhir Kashyap's workshop for your Jeep is like having Vishwanathan Anand as your chess tutor. Last month when Sudhirji was visiting Manipal he gave a very thorough 3 hour inspection of both my CJ340 and Sachin's MM550 and gave many invaluable tips. The veteran workshop owner/mechanic who rebuilt Sachin's MM550 was also present and he was practically hanging on every word coming out of Sudhirji's mouth once he realised how much knowledge Sudhirji had about Jeeps. He got answers to some really puzzling problems he had for long.

You can see SK on the right side of the blue turban guy.

Harjeev's RANGER - MM550 XD3P 4x4 (Latest Pics Updated Pg-41)-gondwa.jpg
Source: Mahindra Newsletter
Old 10th August 2009, 12:29   #517
Senior - BHPian

Harjeev, could we have the detailed address, location of the MM workshop run by Mr. Sudhir Kashyap in Delhi?

location, telephone, fax etc?
Old 10th August 2009, 13:26   #518
BHPian

Address and contact details are as following:

Mahindra First choice Services Ltd.,
B -76 G T Karnal road Industrial area
near Gurudwara Nanak PIO
New Delhi-110033
Tel- 011-27129893, 5
Old 10th August 2009, 14:16   #519
Senior - BHPian

thanx a lot for the details, AarEmm.

now every one in NCR knows where to go for a the right kind of doctor for their MM vehicles!
Old 11th August 2009, 14:04   #520
Senior - BHPian

@Samurai
Yep thats him and the guy is great!!! I am actually thinking of taking my CJ3B to the workshop not for the engine or gearbox as they are working great and i wouldn't want to touch them at any cost!!! What I do want is to get the suspension, brakes, differentials etc checked up!!!
Infact yesterday I realised that the axle cover of my 3B's front left axle fell of somewhere and I have been doing all the OTR without it!!!

So I would like to ask How different is a CJ3B from a CL340? Leaving the Engine F-134 and Pugeot 2112 cc seperate!!!
What are the differences between the two???
Old 12th August 2009, 01:09   #521
BHPian

Spot on Harjeev. You are lucky to have people like SK

Same reason why I went straight to Ferdi at Milestone yesterday. They have all the necessary tools, the expertise to do it the right way and you know you will get genuine parts
Old 12th August 2009, 08:20   #522
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Harjeev / Sharath - today morning you made my day. I know Sudhir since a very long time. He is a wonderful person and he knows his job. He knows Jeeps inside out. I am fortunate and proud that I know him. I have learnt many things from him. I know that I am becoming sentimental because as I am typing this, I have tears in my eyes. He used to work in M&M as a service engineer and is now finally (after a great deal of turbulence), Dy.GM at age around 55. I hope you will understand what I am trying to say. He has been through a lot and he has seen a lot. Finally, you as customers gave him his due. My God, that's life. I think he has achieved CUSTOMER CENTRICITY of the highest level. May God bless you all for what you have just done.

Three cheers for TeamBHP. Three cheers for Sudhir Kashyap. Three cheers for all you wonderful people out there. HAI HO!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2009, 14:35   #523
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
Sudhir kasyap is a passionate person and knows his stuff off road. Iam told he has long been associated with jeep thrills members and have been mentor to guys like Arka and all. Iam yet to have my share of gyan from him!

You guys in Delhi must meet for sure and i know you will get enlightened!
Old 12th August 2009, 19:34   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Harjeev / Sharath - today morning you made my day. I know Sudhir since a very long time. He is a wonderful person and he knows his job. He knows Jeeps inside out. I am fortunate and proud that I know him. I have learnt many things from him. I know that I am becoming sentimental because as I am typing this, I have tears in my eyes. He used to work in M&M as a service engineer and is now finally (after a great deal of turbulence), Dy.GM at age around 55. I hope you will understand what I am trying to say. He has been through a lot and he has seen a lot. Finally, you as customers gave him his due. My God, that's life. I think he has achieved CUSTOMER CENTRICITY of the highest level. May God bless you all for what you have just done.

Three cheers for TeamBHP. Three cheers for Sudhir Kashyap. Three cheers for all you wonderful people out there. HAI HO!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Guys,
Sudhir kasyap is a passionate person and knows his stuff off road. Iam told he has long been associated with jeep thrills members and have been mentor to guys like Arka and all. Iam yet to have my share of gyan from him!

You guys in Delhi must meet for sure and i know you will get enlightened!

Thanks Bheram sir
After reading you post I have decided that i will take my 3B to Sudhir Kashyap's workshop tomorrow and leave it there!!! The vehicle mechanically is doing great, no issues whatsoever, and I even got the gearbox overhauled a couple of months back.

But I havent got the suspension work done, the brakes need to calibrated and other many small small issues which need to be taken care off which me as a newbie dont know what need's to be done and what's ok in the jeep!!!
Will be heading there tomorrow!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12th August 2009, 21:21   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post

At the workshop they were using something for denting maybe spot welding or tick welding I am not sure what its called, but they were not using the traditional first heat with a blow torch and then hammer approach.
May be they are using the equipment from Dentmaster - Miracle System

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks