Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2019, 17:24   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleo View Post
One thing I still cant make up my mind - ST or HT
ST vs. HT will solely depend upon your intended usage. If you intend to use it for regular commute and park it often in public parking, then HT is advisable. If you want to have it as a recreational vehicle, mostly being parked at home or known places, then go for ST. While HT is more practical, there is no parallel to driving an open top Gypsy

All the best for your purchase. BTW, what are the colors on offer?
Old 1st March 2019, 17:48   #527
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the car promised in 3-4 months. Went today and spoke to them in person.
I don't think Maruti will be able to sell after 31st March due to safety norms from 1st April. Best will be to check existing stocks if you can find somewhere.
Old 1st March 2019, 18:42   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
ST vs. HT will solely depend upon your intended usage. If you intend to use it for regular commute and park it often in public parking, then HT is advisable. If you want to have it as a recreational vehicle, mostly being parked at home or known places, then go for ST. While HT is more practical, there is no parallel to driving an open top Gypsy

All the best for your purchase. BTW, what are the colors on offer?
Yes my heart says ST, but practicality (read as AC, safety) tells me to go for HT. So my specific query is - can the HT be placed back once its removed and a custom ST fitted (without any structural changes). I'm not sure if the frames are totally different for the two variants

Color - only white / green

Production is ongoing; I got a confirmation from the dealer. He had asked for 2 days and got feedback from Maruti that its on. I believe the safety norms are coming later in year
Old 1st March 2019, 19:17   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I don't think Maruti will be able to sell after 31st March due to safety norms from 1st April. Best will be to check existing stocks if you can find somewhere.
Correction - production will stop from 1st April 2019 but that does not stop MSIL from taking as many orders as the no. of vehicles they would have manufactured by then And I am sure they will churn out as many as they possibly can by then, resting assured that they will get sold out in no time.

Quote:
Can the HT be placed back once its removed and a custom ST fitted (without any structural changes). I'm not sure if the frames are totally different for the two variants
Absolutely yes! Many people have done that in the past. The only changes that'd need to be done would be erecting the pillars to support the ST, which can be removed later.

Last edited by cool_dube : 1st March 2019 at 19:20.
Old 1st March 2019, 20:25   #530
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Correction - production will stop from 1st April 2019 but that does not stop MSIL from taking as many orders as the no. of vehicles they would have manufactured by then And I am sure they will churn out as many as they possibly can by then, resting assured that they will get sold out in no time.

I am not sure about the rules but given their stature, I doubt they will sell anything after 31st to Dealers. Besides, the shed in which they produce is still manual assembly and there is no way they can increase the production.

For anyone considering buying a new one, my suggestion will be to pickup whatever they get or are being promised in short time rather then waiting for choices.

Last edited by Turbanator : 1st March 2019 at 20:40.
Old 1st March 2019, 20:29   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My suggestion will be to pickup whatever they get or are being promised in short time rather then waiting for choices.
Of course yes - no two thoughts there! Completely agree.
Old 3rd March 2019, 11:03   #532

Quote:
I am not sure about the rules but given their stature, I doubt they will sell anything after 31st to Dealers. Besides, the shed in which they produce is still manual assembly and there is no way they can increase the production.

For anyone considering buying a new one, my suggestion will be to pickup whatever they get or are being promised in short time rather then waiting for choices.
In total agreement you should go and pick up one as soon as you can! Apparently the death knell for the Game has been rung.

Check this:
https://www.rushlane.com/new-maruti-...-12299148.html
Old 4th March 2019, 09:58   #533

Quote:
Do the soft tops leak in the rains? if yes, How bad
In one post somewhere i saw it now comes with an immobilizer. I believe thats incorrect?
I think I can get A/C fitted from MAS itself. Can anyone here confirm? Cost?
Hi Paleo,

Great to know that Maruti is still continuing to take bookings. You're a really a LUCKY one.

To answer your questions:
1. Soft top doesn't leak even when it pours cats and dogs - I bought a new Gypsy few months back - so I knew it for sure.
2. Stock gypsy doesn't come with immobilizer.
3. Maruti will not fit A/C - in fact they are not allowed to make any alterations to vehicle - not even a drill hole to fix LHS mirror.

Happy Gypsying,
Satis

Last edited by khan_sultan : 18th March 2019 at 15:10. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 4th March 2019, 14:41   #534
BHPian

Hi all,

Sorry couldnt update earlier. Was still recovering from the shock. I had a heartbreak of sorts the morning when i was going to book the gypsy. I got a call from the executive stating the dealer GM had told them to stop accepting Gypsy bookings. I asked for an explanation on what changed overnight and I was told of the same mail that ronny21 uploaded in the rushlane link above. I guess i missed it by a day ! I've escalated to Maruti on their website but I havent got a response yet. I'm not sure it will go through

sigh !
Old 11th March 2019, 18:17   #535

Hi all gypsy enthusiasts here, i have a small query. I have a well maintained 1986 gypsy mg410 ST which i use as a recreational vehicle, mainly to drive kids around the neighbourhood and preferably in the cool of the night.

I was planning to have a very barebone car with an open top and no doors, not even the windscreen. Can anyone here advice if that might be street legal here in mumbai? I can setup the rear view mirrors on the body if required.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 18th March 2019 at 15:09. Reason: punctuation
Old 18th March 2019, 14:56   #536
BHPian

I have replaced the stock rear view mirrors of my Gypsy with Toyota Qualis mirrors. The stock mirrors were useless. The cost was 1,000 per piece. The quality of the mirrors are very good. I bought the mirrors online from Toyota website.

http://www.toyotapartsconnect.in/par...D06285267554E4
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-img20180925wa0075.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-img20180925wa0076.jpg  

Vmax1200 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 11:42   #537

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmax1200 View Post
I have replaced the stock rear view mirrors of my Gypsy with Toyota Qualis mirrors. The stock mirrors were useless. The cost was 1,000 per piece. The quality of the mirrors are very good. I bought the mirrors online from Toyota website.

http://www.toyotapartsconnect.in/par...D06285267554E4
Hi, i too got a pair of Qualis rear view mirrors. But holes do not match with Gypsy RH holes which holds RH stock mirror. Can you please tell me whether you drilled holes both RH & LH side? Also did you provide any additional support while screwing it on the sheet metal esp. LH side? your response is appreciated.
Old 26th March 2019, 12:55   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr GB View Post
Hi, i too got a pair of Qualis rear view mirrors.
===== your response is appreciated.
I have drilled new holes on both sides. I haven't provided any support.
Old 2nd April 2019, 11:46   #539

Hi Everyone,

For all those looking for LHS mirror, please order it online from PartsBigBoss. The dimensions of the mirror matches exactly that of the RHS mirror - this also means that the screw holes are exactly similar to that of RHS mirror. I would say it's 99% close to RHS stock one - the 1% difference is only in the finishing. And the cost (along with shipping) is just Rs.155. As it relatively cost far lesser i thought of giving it a try and it was a pleasant surprise. This is very useful for those of you who want have a stock look-alike. Hope it helps. :-)

Happy Gypsying,
Satis
Satis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 21:49   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
The tool box to the right is a something that all the family Gypsy's had made.
Can you share some more details on this? It also looks like the jack is shifted to the RHS. Newer Gypsies I have seen have it on the LHS where you have the toolbox.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks