Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2009, 22:47   #61
BHPian

update before leaving for pune

Hi all
I am leaving for pune tomorrow along with a friend to try to source a couple of gypsies for us (preferrably MG413) from the lot of vehicles to be auctioned on 17th March.

There have been a few developments over the last 2 days.

1) I have had a definitive word with a local scrap buyer of Pune who has bought such Army vehicles in the past. He has asked me to meet him on Saturday to discuss about this.
He has basically asked me to give him some advance amount (about 20% ) before the bidding and he says that I can get the vehicle finally for 60k to 70k. He said something about a 12.5% tax that I will have to pay. I am all geared up to approach through this route unless something else favourable turns up (an inside contact for example )

2) Mstc has updated the auction entry with details of the vehicles on sale- see this Google Docs and out of all the lots on sale I m interested in the following 2 :

LOT NO 375/KVD/VEH

83Maruti Gypsy 413 W99B066474YMG-71-INI95030G13BIN64286113V

84Maruti Gypsy 413W99B066344EMG-71-IN194762G13BIN6426501
V

85Maruti Gypsy 413W (Hard Top)00B071881MMG71IN203894G13-B-IN6343181
V

LOT NO 376/KVD/VEH

86Maruti Gypsy 413 W99B066506EMG 71-IN 195051G13 BIN 6440212V

87Maruti Gypsy 413 W00B071353WMG71IN203403G13 BIN 6335811

I wanted some help and clarification in understanding whats writen here. Take for example the first vehicle . Its got a alphanumeric noting "99B066474Y" under Veh BA number. Can someone explain me what exactly it means ?

3) Incase I have to return empty handed from pune, I have located a lot of gypsies auction from army lying with an agent at Kanpur where i will proceed from pune if the pune deal doesn't matearialise.

4) There is an auction scheduled on 10th April in Panagarh (kolkata) and the agent in kolkata has said that he will call and inform me and then I will have to be present during the auction in kolkata in case pune and kanpur doesn't matearialise.

5) I have spoken to my mechanic who has a very solid contact in delhi who knows mayapuri market in and out and also meerut market. he will help me in sourcing spares for me. he said that whole engines r available from these 2 sources.

Thats all for the moment. This is for everybody's information.
I will request everyone who's reading this to pray that my work gets done in pune itself. Amen !!!

regards,
Abheek

P.s : there are a lot of 4X4 m&m also there on sale. Once I take a look at the lot if its possible, I will try to update this thread so that if someone's interested could get in touch with me. My mobile number is 09960332228 (Dr. Abheek Ghosh)

Thanks.
Old 12th March 2009, 23:15   #62
Senior - BHPian

Abheekg,

After yor visit to the auction please let us know how much MM550's sell for in the auctions. It will be interesting to know how much markup the dealers in Mayapuri etc make on these.
Old 14th March 2009, 19:19   #63
BHPian

update from Pune

Hi All
Today morning I reached pune and coordinated with Tarkesh here to go and speak to the scrap dealer out here. The dealer has agreed to help us with the bidding on tuesday and also with the inspection of the vehicles on monday. I told him that I am interested in the lot of 3 gypsies that i have written about in my previous post ( two 1999 model soft tops and one 2000 model hard top ) . I told him that my max bid on each vehicle would be 60-70 k depending on the condition of the vehicle which we will assess on monday.
He sounded very sceptical on hearing my max bid and said that these vehicles would atleast go for 1.4 L each ( I want to know how did he estimate this ?? ) I will sit with him while he is bidding so that I can see for myself what's the ongoing bid and how much the vehicle finally goes for.

I also saw 5 gypsies lying with the dealer in his yard in various states of disuse. 3 of them could be restored by spending about 50k in my opinion.
I am thinking of making an offer to the fellow for 2 gypsies in case .

I want to ask you how much should I offer for a gypsy which is not in running condition, bald tires which I will have to change, seats ripped out, interiors al gone, dash gone, no battery, many electronic parts missing from the engine assay, , no stepney, no jack, rusted front disc, jammed front axle, no soft top.......

It would be really a great help if anyone can come up some answers to my questions.

P.S : I must thank tarkesh today for taking time out and helping me out with my quest.
Old 15th March 2009, 00:33   #64
Senior - BHPian

Can you pls get some info on the M&M station wagon? Some pix if it is possible??

LOT NO 356/KVD/VEH

44Station Wagon M & M
Old 15th March 2009, 01:04   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abheekg View Post
Hi All
I also saw 5 gypsies lying with the dealer in his yard in various states of disuse. 3 of them could be restored by spending about 50k in my opinion.
I am thinking of making an offer to the fellow for 2 gypsies in case .
Are the 5 gypsies for sale.He did told you some price ranges for the 5 gypies right?

The dealer got all the 5 unusable gypsies from previous auctions,right? So you can also quote for the 2 gypsies with very lesser price IMO.

How are you going to bring them,by towing?

Update us with the auctions at pune.
Old 15th March 2009, 01:58   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Can you pls get some info on the M&M station wagon? Some pix if it is possible??

44Station Wagon M & M
This is the Armada 4WD (not Grand), but the older one with the rectangle headlights.
Old 17th March 2009, 10:00   #67
BHPian

Update before start of the auctions...

Hi Friends,
the gypsies and the rest of the vehicles will go under the hammer in a couple of hours an this is my last update on the ground situation from pune.

I managed to finally inspect the vehicles albeit only for a short duration yesterday evening.

All the gypsies barring a couple seemed to be in good condition with only battery and spare tyre missing in each vehicle and every vehicle needing interior sprucing up, with a few windshields missing.

The 99 and 2000 models have Mpfi engines and the rest 1000cc. There were no Carburettor Kings.

I have been told that the older (91 model) vehicles will go for around 40-60k while the newer ones (99 and 2000) will go for around 80-90k.

As a result of the availability of higher models in seemingly good condition and at this rate, I have decided to up my max bid from the previously decided figure of 60k.

In my opinion , most of the vehicles will need an expense of at least 25k to make them road and Law worthy.

Apart from the gypsies, I also checked out about 3-4 MM550 and 2 Cj3Bs that are on sale. as I have not studied these 2 models in detail, I will not be able to describe them in detail. However in the limited time I was there and in the limited time that I could give to inspect these vehicles, the bodyline of the MM550s looked good, the engines of some whose bonnet I culd lift also looked good. Interiors are mostly bad and will need work.

There were 2 Cj2Bs - 1986 and 1989. the 89 model looked good while the 86 one lookied run down. I know i am being vague here but I can't help it coz I just could not give much time to inspect these vehicles as my primary interest was gypsies and I had very limited time.

Anyway i was also informed that the MM550s may go for around 50-60k.

Thats all for the moment. The next update will hopefully be today evening with some good news.

Wish me luck guys. Amen !

regards,
Abheek
Old 17th March 2009, 15:33   #68
BHPian

Hi Abheek,

Do keep the forum posted on your progress. If you win the Bid(s), and if you already do not have suitors for all the vehicles, I would be interested in one of the 413's
Old 20th March 2009, 13:49   #69
BHPian

Update after the Auctions

Dear All
I have managed to be the highest bidder after an intense round of bidding on the 17th. My final bid of 2.5 L for 3 gypsies was finally accepted as the last offer and the auction closed after that. The scrap dealer who is helping me out told me that I was the highest bidder. But the catch here is that the scrap dealer will receive a communication from mstc after the auction is over where we will come to know if our bid has been accepted or rejected (as someone has already written here before) . Hence although I am overjoyed that my bid was registered, I have not been celebrating this and am waiting for the final word to come from the mstc.
Friends, I have come a long way in this exercise and this final moment is a really tense situiation when i don't know what the verdict of mstc is going to be
In the last 2 days after the auction , I have been making some enquiries for the step 2 of this exercise if I am declared the winner of this auction.
The issues that are facing me now are as follows :
1) How do I pick up the vehicles from the depot when the orders come ?
2) How do I transport the vehicles to Nagpur from Pune ?

Some probable answers are :
1) I will tow the vehicle out of the depot and shift it to a mechanic's place in Pune . ( The problem if I do this is that I have still not found a good and trustworthy mechanic in pune to whom Ican think of taking these vehicles and I don't know if I will b able to drive down to nagpur after making it road worthy as I will not have the vehicle registered yet in my name and I wil not have a civilian number)

I want to ask all of you of alternate possibilities here.

Can I take the risk of driving an unregistered vehicle for 900 kms to nagpur ? what can I do to drive it ? Can I get some special permissuion from somewhere ?

I went to the local RTO in pune to ask for this but nobody could tel me anything except that I cannot register these vehicles in pune as I dont hav an address proof of pune. I will hav to take the vehicles to nagpur to get them registered.

2) I made some enquiries about transportation of these vehicles.
I got a quote of Rs 10k for the transportation in a vehicle carrier (maruti or tata) but the vehicle needs to be in a running condition for that.

if the vehicle is not in running conditrin, then i will have to load it in a truck / trailer and then transport them. i got a quote for Rs 12000 to Rs 18000 from a couple of places.

(ca anyone give me reference of a good transporter who can help me out with thisi pune ? )

3) Next issue is how do i coordinate the pickup from the depot and the transfer to the truck/ vehicle carrier ? I am confused whether I first get the vehicles serviced and in running condition or do I straightaway ship them out to Nagpur in whatever condition they r in at present.

4) next issue is monietary . (how much octroi willbe charged and where do i hav to pay that ? I hav no clue about that. can anyone enlighten me on this part ?

All this and more need to be sorted out soon and i am going to need all the help and advise that I can get from all of you regarding how I go about doing this.

If everything goes fine and as planned, then in a few days I will have to proceed back to pune (I have reached nagpur today morning) to coordinate picking up the gypsies and getting them serviced/ fixed/ towed/ drive them to nagpur/ transfer them to ngp in a truck.

For everyone's information, of the three gypsies, I will keep 2 and tarkesh keeps the third for his friend.

I have received a lot opf phone calls from ppl all over the country for gypsies and mm550's . I will let everyone know individually if I am able to find any info that they have requested.

thanks and best regards,
Abheek

P.s : please pray that my scrap dealer receives a positive reply from mstc.

Amen !!
Old 20th March 2009, 13:56   #70
BHPian

update : upcoming auctions where gypsies and mm550s are under the hammer

Hi all
Please go through the following links for the details of the lots that r going to b on sale very soon in North India.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=d89...9g6s29g3&hl=en

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=d89...dn5s5s84&hl=en

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=d89...rhfn8zhb&hl=en

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=d89...dmrjg3gb&hl=en

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=d89...cqr6mbcb&hl=en

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=d89...gbcck4dx&hl=en

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=d89...gbcck4dx&hl=en

north AKHNOOR auction details

There r a lot of gypsies and mm550s (99 and 2000 models) and other vehicles enlisted here.
Ppl interested can go for them in the same way I have gone for my cars without paying the mayapuri guy a hefty commission.
i will be very happy to help if I can in any way.

regards,
Abheek
Old 20th March 2009, 15:41   #71
BHPian

I am not able to to open any of the below pages, it is saying that I do not have access. Can you post the correct link pls.

Old 20th March 2009, 18:14   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
I am not able to to open any of the below pages, it is saying that I do not have access. Can you post the correct link pls.
Hi Naren,

Try this link

M S T C Limited

and find "Forth coming Auctions" you will find it.

for registration follow the below link

Customer Registration Procedure For e-Auction

Tarkesh
Old 20th March 2009, 22:34   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post

here r d correct links :

http://docs.google.com/Doc?tab=publi...9g6s29g3&hl=en
http://docs.google.com/Doc?tab=publi...dn5s5s84&hl=en
http://docs.google.com/Doc?tab=publi...rhfn8zhb&hl=en
http://docs.google.com/Doc?tab=publi...dmrjg3gb&hl=en
http://docs.google.com/Doc?tab=publi...cqr6mbcb&hl=en
http://docs.google.com/Doc?tab=publi...gbcck4dx&hl=en

please do let me know if these don't open either.

regards,
Abheek
Old 21st March 2009, 05:50   #74
BHPian

Quote:
2) I made some enquiries about transportation of these vehicles.
I got a quote of Rs 10k for the transportation in a vehicle carrier (maruti or tata) but the vehicle needs to be in a running condition for that.

if the vehicle is not in running conditrin, then i will have to load it in a truck / trailer and then transport them.

P.s : please pray that my scrap dealer receives a positive reply from mstc.

Amen !!
Hi Abheekg, I guess the best option seems to be that you do not get them half repaired at Pune, instead buy one 6000 Lbs winch (aprox 15k to 18 k) and pull them into the the vehicle carrier. You can fit the same winch later on one of your Gypsy.

I have prayed for you and am sure you will win the deal. Ameeen.
Old 21st March 2009, 05:55   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends,
the gypsies and the rest of the vehicles will go under the hammer in a couple of hours an this is my last update on the ground situation from pune.

I managed to finally inspect the vehicles albeit only for a short duration yesterday evening.

All the gypsies barring a couple seemed to be in good condition with only battery and spare tyre missing in each vehicle and every vehicle needing interior sprucing up, with a few windshields missing.

The 99 and 2000 models have Mpfi engines and the rest 1000cc. There were no Carburettor Kings.

I have been told that the older (91 model) vehicles will go for around 40-60k while the newer ones (99 and 2000) will go for around 80-90k.

As a result of the availability of higher models in seemingly good condition and at this rate, I have decided to up my max bid from the previously decided figure of 60k.

In my opinion , most of the vehicles will need an expense of at least 25k to make them road and Law worthy.

Apart from the gypsies, I also checked out about 3-4 MM550 and 2 Cj3Bs that are on sale. as I have not studied these 2 models in detail, I will not be able to describe them in detail. However in the limited time I was there and in the limited time that I could give to inspect these vehicles, the bodyline of the MM550s looked good, the engines of some whose bonnet I culd lift also looked good. Interiors are mostly bad and will need work.

There were 2 Cj2Bs - 1986 and 1989. the 89 model looked good while the 86 one lookied run down. I know i am being vague here but I can't help it coz I just could not give much time to inspect these vehicles as my primary interest was gypsies and I had very limited time.

Anyway i was also informed that the MM550s may go for around 50-60k.

Thats all for the moment. The next update will hopefully be today evening with some good news.

Wish me luck guys. Amen !

regards,
Abheek
A little correction here
Gypsy King Came with a Carbed engine till year 2000,after which Mpfi was introduced because of introduction of Euro II norms.
So there cant be a 99 model Mpfi Gypsy King.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks