Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2009, 12:09   #76
Senior - BHPian

ya thats what even pdev told me when we were talking about the auction. but then could they have made them for the army? Am sure abheek must have checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
A little correction here
Gypsy King Came with a Carbed engine till year 2000,after which Mpfi was introduced because of introduction of Euro II norms.
So there cant be a 99 model Mpfi Gypsy King.
Old 21st March 2009, 12:25   #77
Senior - BHPian

i have heard that people buy ex army gypsies for conversion into diesel and and LPG.

but wont a Gypsy King with 1ltr carb engine a better vehicle to modify then to convert into a diesel or LPG for a capable offroader?
Old 21st March 2009, 21:37   #78
BHPian

yes I know about this but the 2 gypsies tht i inspected before the auction bearing army registration numbers 99B066344E and 99B066474Y definitely had mpfi engines in them. I have bid on the same lot. I could not inspect the third bearing number 00B071881M

regards,
Abheek

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
A little correction here
Gypsy King Came with a Carbed engine till year 2000,after which Mpfi was introduced because of introduction of Euro II norms.
So there cant be a 99 model Mpfi Gypsy King.
Old 22nd March 2009, 04:02   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abheekg View Post
yes I know about this but the 2 gypsies tht i inspected before the auction bearing army registration numbers 99B066344E and 99B066474Y definitely had mpfi engines in them. I have bid on the same lot. I could not inspect the third bearing number 00B071881M

regards,
Abheek
is it allowed to take the vehicle for a road test or just start the vehicle and check its engine response?

i have never been to an auction, just wanted to know how one can check the vehicle!

could you please give some information on this?
Old 22nd March 2009, 08:02   #80
BHPian

Hello Abheek,

Would you know as to what happened to the Mahindra Lot.?, did any one bid for that.?

Regards
Old 22nd March 2009, 22:38   #81
BHPian

Some good news finally...

Hi all
I have just been informed today that my final bid of 2.5 L has been accepted. I will now have to make the complete payment and then wait for the delivery order from the Army after which I will have to go and pick up the gypsies.

So , its finally official guys.
All the hard work, the brain storming sessions, the excellent help from all of you and your good wishes have finally paid off.

Now the step 2 of this project is going to start in full force.

1) Organise cash ---> 2) get the delivery order ----> 3) Organise the pick up from the army depot ---> 4) Organise mechanic/crane/towing vehicle/truck for shifting at Pune ---> 5) transfer to Nagpur ---> 6) get the vehicles running ---> 7) getting the vehicle registered.

Then will plan step 3 with the help of experienced modifiers

Will need lots of help from everybody around.

regards,
Abheek

P.S: still don't know who picked up the mm550s . Have asked my contact to keep a watch for the same. will update as soon as I have more info.
Old 23rd March 2009, 10:22   #82
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for the acquisitions. Man you really went all the way to make the things happen. I doubt how many of us would have taken such a rigorous exercise. Hope rest of the things will also turn up well.
-regards,
Old 23rd March 2009, 10:32   #83
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Abheek
You did great!!! 2.5l for 3 gypsies that a steel
Regarding the transportation you can get in touch with tarkesh in pune.
His handle on bhp is Ricky_3007 or something like that.

Great Job!!!
Old 23rd March 2009, 17:04   #84
BANNED

Congrats Abheek..it takes lots of effort to get these army vehicles

Great !!!
Old 23rd March 2009, 17:15   #85
Senior - BHPian

Congrats !!! the hard work had to pay off..
Old 23rd March 2009, 23:27   #86
Senior - BHPian

2.5 Lakhs for 3 gypsies!! looted the depot or what? haha

thats an early xmas for you dude. will wait for the restoration to start and do post the photos of the gypsies you bought.
Old 23rd March 2009, 23:44   #87
BHPian

let me know if you want me to sell one MPFI gypsy
Old 24th March 2009, 02:31   #88
BHPian

Another Auction Scheduled In Pune

Hi all
I have just been informed that there is another auction scheduled at kirkee, Pune where about 10 gypsys (mg 410's) and some other vehicles are under the hammer . Please check out this link for details Auction Catalog Report.

I was wondering if some of you guys (who have been calling me for a gypsy ) team up and go after these vehicles.
It would be great if i am catalyst in getting a few of you who r interested in these vehicles together as a team for this project. I already know 4 of you who may be interested in teaming up.

When I had visited the depot last week to inspect my lot, I had noticed a lot of other gypsies lying there (which i was informed was for a future auction) . Some of the lot numbers that I noticed that day match the lot numbers which r on auction presently.
[There are also some lot numbers which I noticed that day which are not a part of this auction. So I believe that there may be yet another auction shortly ]

Anyway,although I did not check them out thoroughly, but I definitely gave them a cursory glance to say for sure that they were road worthy in their present condition with an appx expense of 30-35 k needed on each vehicle.

This is again for your info.
Do let me know if anybody is interested in organising a team to go after these machines.

regards,
Abheek
Old 24th March 2009, 16:37   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Congrats Abheek

Great Job!!!

Hi Harjeev,

I am the buying the third Gypsy from the lot. Myself Abheek and Kaustubh(Abheek's freind) are the three owners of this lot. I am buying this Gypsy for my freind which I wrote a PM to you earlier for CJ.

Tarkesh
Old 24th March 2009, 16:56   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev
Congrats Abheek

Great Job!!!

It was great experience for us. Though I was not fully invloved as Abheek and Kaustubh but still we learned a lot. Basically Abheek and Kaustubh were here in Pune for 5-6 days for this auction. I accompanied them for 1 day and we found the place in Army area, Most important part was the Scrap dealer which I know for some time was a MSTC card member and I introduced him with Abheek and Kaustubh. I had visited his godown 3-4 months back when I was in search of MM550. This was again with my transportation link.
We had a meeting there with scrap dealer and then we decided to go ahead for the bid. Initially I was not very keen but as Abheek said that we will go for bid of the 3Gypsy lot, I said I will buy the third one.
Now we have won the bid , its great feeling. I can not imagin that in 3-4 months time life could change so much that my 550 is still under restoration and I will now own another 4X4 - Gypsy.

Tarkesh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks