Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2009, 23:47   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i think u r talking about Harjeev, i have spoken to him.
Not specifically, but I am sure Harjeev can give you pointers to an agent who can do all this for you. Like you say once you have the PB number you can always get it transferred to MH.

You could also try posting on the Jeep thrills India forum (if it is running again).
Old 13th May 2009, 12:17   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Well not only the pune guys everyone on tbhp who has contacts with the RTO guys.

Guys who have registered army auction vehicles "WE NEED YOUR HELP SOON"
As far as I know, the scrap dealer has to get the vehicle registered on his name first as he received the challan from the army depot. Post his registration, he has to transfer the ownership on the individual's name who has brought the vehicle.

In my JEEP's case the same methodology was implemented. However, it was a Forest department's JEEP hence was registered in Maharashtra state. All I had to do was to get the ownership changed.
Old 13th May 2009, 14:28   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post
As far as I know, the scrap dealer has to get the vehicle registered on his name first as he received the challan from the army depot. Post his registration, he has to transfer the ownership on the individual's name who has brought the vehicle.
Sabareesh,

Its not necessary that the scrap dealer first registers the vehicle and then transfers ownership to the person who is buying the Jeep from him. The scrap dealer gets papers from the auction which include the 1) lot numbers, 2)seprate paper that has the vehicles details of a lot that the scrap dealer has bought, 3) Aution details which mention lot's bought and price paid for the same, also mentioning the scrap dealers name and details.

After the lot is picked up by the dealer he has the vehicles picked up and dispatched to his warehouse or shop. Now when for example I go to buy a Jeep all he does is 1).get a letter drafted on a Rs.50 stamp letter stating that one Jeep is being sold by him from a LOT of disposal jeeps bought by him through an army auction. My name and details would be mentioned and also the price that I am buying the Jeep at. He would also mention where I would get the Jeep registered. 2). give me a sale letter separately along with photo copies of the papers he got from the army auction.

After you have collected all the above documents from the scrap dealer, now you are ready to get the Jeep registered. Once in the RTO you need to fill a form which is for getting an auction vehicle registered. I think its Form31 (The form no. may be incorrect so please check with the RTO). Allong with the form you attach rest of the papers and file it in for registration.

Regards,

Autocraze
Old 13th May 2009, 15:30   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocraze View Post
Sabareesh,

Its not necessary that the scrap dealer first registers the vehicle and then transfers ownership to the person who is buying the Jeep from him.

Autocraze
I didn't knew about this process, Thanks autocraze.
Old 13th May 2009, 19:03   #110
Senior - BHPian

To add to what autocraze has said

On the Registration Book the vehicle is first registered in the name of the guy or company in whose name it has been auctioned and then it is striked off and the name of the buyer is added. Atleast both my vehicles were registered this way.
Old 13th May 2009, 19:53   #111
Senior - BHPian

Mine was done same as that of Harjeev but different agent/dealer.
Old 13th May 2009, 23:40   #112
Senior - BHPian

Well we guys are facing a huge problem with the registration.

According to the Pune RTO guys the value of the car should be the depreciated value of a new gypsy sold in 2000. For example if this value comes to 2lacs then it is almost double of what the army invoice shows.

Hence the road tax which is 14%(because the scrap dealer is a company, 7% refundable on transfer to individual) of the value of the car becomes payable on 2lacs and not 1 lac.

I am sure these guys are taking us for a ride and we need to get the registration done in some other location.

Have spoken to Harjeev & Randeep but there are other problems of registering the vehicle outside MH....and transfer to MH will mean more expenses.

HELP....

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 13th May 2009 at 23:45.
Old 14th May 2009, 00:01   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have spoken to Harjeev & Randeep but there are other problems of registering the vehicle outside MH....and transfer to MH will mean more expenses.
Might still be cheaper than 28,000RS (14% of 2lakh) to get them registered in Punjab and then in MH. Are there no auction friendly RTO in MH neighbouring states ?
Old 14th May 2009, 16:13   #114
BHPian

Guys,

Found this on some other thread posted by Arka :-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
When Military Vehicle are auctioned.
The person who wins the bid(and buys the vehicle) gets a Voucher & Gate Pass (to leave the Military Premises with the vehicle)

1) The Voucher & Gatepass must be in the same name.
2) The vehicle can only be registered FIRST by the person in whose name the Voucher & GatePass have been issued and ONLY in the STATE mentioned in the bidders Address in the Voucher.

PS - I own an Ex-AirForce JEEP (1985)
Thread Details :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...g-problem.html
Old 14th May 2009, 17:00   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post
Guys,

Found this on some other thread posted by Arka :-

Thread Details :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...g-problem.html
I beg to differ on that statement. Randeep picked his vehicle from a scrap dealer and got the registration done on his name after purchase from the scrap dealer. Its not that the scrap dealer who bought the LOT first got the jeep registered to his name and then Randeep got it transfered to his name. He infact used the auction papers that the scrap dealer gave and got the registration done. On the RC he is the first owner not second owner.

Harjeev, Randeep's RC is a computerized RC and in that there is no one place where the the LOT buyer.

Regards,

Autocraze

Last edited by Autocraze : 14th May 2009 at 17:16.
Old 22nd June 2009, 20:41   #116
Senior - BHPian

just the thread i had to see long ago when i was interested in procuring an army jeep.recession pulls my decision away for now.
Old 29th June 2009, 22:25   #117
BANNED

Where to buy gypsy in chennai

Hi all,

I want to know where to approach for army gypsy in chennai.I heard that they are available for 75k to 1L
Old 30th June 2009, 09:44   #118
Senior - BHPian

well the price range may be correct based on the year of mfg. but there are other overheads like registration etc. which can increase the cost by 25-30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi all,

I want to know where to approach for army gypsy in chennai.I heard that they are available for 75k to 1L
Old 30th June 2009, 20:13   #119
BANNED

@KSM - Hi thanks for the info ,but where to approach for the gypsy in chennai
Old 30th June 2009, 23:12   #120
Senior - BHPian

For 75k to 1L, an "ex-army" gypsy will be in such a sad, dilapidated state, you would prefer a regular used one.
I recently met a guy who picked up an Ex-army Gypsy King for 1.35 lakhs and it wasn't even in a running condition.
So, you can imagine...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks