Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:36   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
You should have retained your older tyres for absolute on-road use. For example, driving all the way to Lonavala can be done on your older tyres, and you could shift to mudzilla's at a tyre shop in a few minutes as you hit the trail.

All you need are 4 more rims with the tyres already fit onto them. This way, you'll give the mudzilla's a longer lease of life.
I have no space at home keep to the spares. Also how will i accomodate 4 more tires in the back of the classic. no space there as well!

Quote:
Lastly, please avoid Mahindra work-shops. I thought you had already figured this out as I read the earlier pages (especially with the pulley issue). You SHOULD network beyond TBHP for good independent jeep mechanics. Crying wolf here and then going back to the bloke who screwed things up the first time around aint gonna solve things. Trust me, good guys in Bangalore are very very hard to come by too, but we keep searching :-)
They had to repair the exhaust job that they had done faulty. Anyways, live and learn.

Quote:
One more thing: You made the mistake of toeing over the cardinal rule of NEVER leaving your mechanic with your Jeep with you not around! Especially with a new guy! However well your instructions are laid out - NEVER! Especially when welding/cutting is involved...
Ya i know but work schedules are an issue...

Quote:
Guess the broken light assy was a good 'nuf rap on the knuckles.
You can say that again!

Quote:
Your fog lights up and running? Set them up on a 90/100 Philips Rally bulb kit and Roots relay.
See next post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids4x4mm550 View Post
you should try out the garage my jeep is being done up in. Very nice man knows disele vehcls inside out + he likes jeeps. Hes worked om my frieds classic and also on my old classic also on prashant's mini pajero . The best part is if you have time you can chill out there and see the work being done.
all parts gone into my jeep have been delivered by atlas motors andheri to his garge as he has a tie up with em.
Can you post contact details please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Ouch Tejas that hurts, if I were you I will find another shop. How about Ferdy where GTO got his vehicle done. Ones that I have seen from his workshop had some character to it, even in pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
It is the same place I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Yep, Ferdi is Milestone. Ouch; Tejas!!
Yes, it's the same place.

Quote:
Are you ready to travel to ambarnath to check out Sabareesh's place?
That's too too too far. I'll try David's place.
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:43   #152
BHPian

The garage is just off the link road , dhaisar W.
HIs name is Arun 9766466966 & 9821257674
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:12   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
I have no space at home keep to the spares. Also how will i accomodate 4 more tires in the back of the classic. no space there as well!

Ya i know but work schedules are an issue...

Ah Tejas, everyone has work schedules you know, you think the rest of us have easier jobs than dentists Its your jeep at the end of the day!

Well, I would suggest you get rid of the rear seats when going on an OTR and place the tyres there with the rims. This is what I have done. I will then strap them down.

And about space in your house...come on man! Make space! You cannot buy a jeep and THEN give excuses like work schedule and no space! Arka, where art thou! Our dentist here needs his teeth rearranged
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:23   #154
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
I told the mahindra guys to attach the lighter in the spot which i have marked in the below pic with a circle.
I thought you quit the stick?

Quote:
But they decided to use their brains and removed the 4L indicator light and attach it there!
WHOA!! What is that? Seriously.. how can anyone do something like that? They have bend the panel too.
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:28   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

And about space in your house...come on man! Make space! You cannot buy a jeep and THEN give excuses like work schedule and no space! Arka, where art thou! Our dentist here needs his teeth rearranged
You have to meet my mom! She's already pissed with all the spares lying around. And when the other half comes along (i'm still unmarried, pressure's on at home though!) god knows what will happen!

Too late for the tyres, they have gone now and they were not in a good condition anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I thought you quit the stick?
For charging the ipod and iphone.
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:49   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Sunday Afternoon DIY:

Finally got the time to fix the lights.

Got normal L brackets from a hardware store. Painted them black and bolted them to the classic.

Need to get the wiring done. But I'm not DIY guy for electricals so not attempting that.

Currently on 50w bulbs. If I'm not happy, then will change to 100W.

Also got a fire extinguisher fitted.
Attached Thumbnails
An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-01.jpg  

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-02.jpg  

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-03.jpg  

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-04.jpg  

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-05.jpg  

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-06.jpg  

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-07.jpg  

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-08.jpg  

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-fire-extinguisher.jpg  

Old 22nd March 2010, 12:07   #157
Team-BHP Support

The more i see it, more am becoming ok with it. But still first preference would have been the lower part but since you want winch and all i guess this is the next best option.
Old 22nd March 2010, 12:17   #158
BHPian

The lights look pretty good in my opinion!
Nicely positioned.
ladak.imran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2010, 18:47   #159
Senior - BHPian

Doc, shoes are looking sweet. I would have positioned the lights in the same place too, yet mine are going to be Light force. Savings started.
Sad about those guys messing with your Christmas tree lights, let it go. I like the part of you using your dental stuff to fix it though. Cheers.
Old 23rd March 2010, 20:01   #160
Senior - BHPian

@tejas

Buddy the light look good! what is the cost and did you put a relay too??? I too want to go for fog lamps but do not want to spend too much dough at present.
Please advise!!!
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:15   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
I would have positioned the lights in the same place too, yet mine are going to be Light force. Savings started.
Which one of lightforce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
@tejas

Buddy the light look good! what is the cost and did you put a relay too??? I too want to go for fog lamps but do not want to spend too much dough at present.
Please advise!!!
These are neolights. Cost 900 for a pair. Currently have 50w bulbs. Will change to 100w.

I have still not got wiring done. These lights I fit myself but I don't have enough experience with electricals. Will get it done on Thursday. Will use a Bosch relay.
Old 24th March 2010, 12:21   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

I got a shovel and axe type thing (what's it called?) today from a Gardening shop.

Any ideas on how to mount the shovel? And i need options where i can use a padlock to secure it as well. I don't want to do it the way the WWII jeep have mounted them on the side. Too many wannabe jeeps have it now. I want it secure and away from prying eyes.

These are a few options i found online which i can try to replicate:
Attached Thumbnails
An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-shovel1.jpg  

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-dscn0189.jpg.jpeg  

Attached Images

Old 24th March 2010, 13:17   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

I like the last option...I might do the same!
Old 24th March 2010, 14:15   #164
BHPian

A Classic is always a Classic. I envy you Tejas for this great find and appreciate your efforts in keeping up with this beast. This surely is a head turner. I envy your ride, been a fan of Classic since a long time and would love to own one.

Just wanted to know, if you've tried offroading in 4x4 in this?
Old 24th March 2010, 14:22   #165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Just wanted to know, if you've tried offroading in 4x4 in this?
Let's give few hours to Tejas to recover from the shock inflicted by this question. He'll need it.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks