Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2010, 10:27   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
The blower is a separate unit and it isn't installed in the vents. The blower's output is connected to the vents with the help of flexible hosing. The dashboard is removed and the blower is installed inside the dash.

In my case, the stock 4-port output side of the Superking was removed and a single hole output was made to mate up with the Gypsy's stock tubing. This adapter was made from fiberglass. The benefit is that the stock tubing is used. Overall a neater and cleaner job.
So GS
are you trying to say that you have retained the stock setup, added the superking cooling coil and blower and instead of the superking blower body you have the cool air coming out of the the stock vents???

If this is the scenario how is the air flow regulated. Is with the stock controls or a separate switch is added for the regulation of the air flow???

Also as demosedici said, pictures speak a 1000 words so any pictures would really be useful??
thanks
Old 24th March 2010, 13:03   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
GS - Pics please We are waiting for those and i am waiting to experience the AC of your gypsy.
I am getting the vehicle back today or worst-case tomorrow. The compressor bracket fabrication delayed the process. More-so because I did not allow the vehicle to be moved to the bracket fabrication guy's workshop (yes I am paranoid) so they had to run back and forth to get the alignment spot-on.

The work is done. They are just insulating the pipes and completing some of the interior insulation. The next challenge is to get the seats fitted which I plan to do this evening / tomorrow morning. This is the last major hurdle and once it is done I can breathe easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
So GS
are you trying to say that you have retained the stock setup, added the superking cooling coil and blower and instead of the superking blower body you have the cool air coming out of the the stock vents??? If this is the scenario how is the air flow regulated. Is with the stock controls or a separate switch is added for the regulation of the air flow???
Step 1: Remove stock blower
Step 2: Install Superking behind dashboard
Step 3: Fabricate adapter between Superking and the stock vent hoses
Step 4: Complete the rest of the install
Step 5: Mount the Superking controller under the dash. The thermistor is mounted at the blower output. The Superking blower is used to adjust the flow-strength and the compressor on-duration.

Stock switches are not used.

Thats it...
Old 24th March 2010, 18:50   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Step 1: Remove stock blower
Step 2: Install Superking behind dashboard
Step 3: Fabricate adapter between Superking and the stock vent hoses
Step 4: Complete the rest of the install
Step 5: Mount the Superking controller under the dash. The thermistor is mounted at the blower output. The Superking blower is used to adjust the flow-strength and the compressor on-duration.

Stock switches are not used.

Thats it...
Thanks buddy
This really clears a lot of doubts.
Whenever you get the vehicle back from the workshop, take a couple of pictures and upload them, if possible!!!
Old 25th March 2010, 10:39   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hey Kaushik,
I am planning to do just that. i plan to put the superking blower and remove the stock blower.
BTW is it possible to install a heater along with the superking blower or does the heater always need to be installed separately in the gypsy???

Also does someone have pictures of the superking blower installed in the stock vents. Does the dashboard have to be cut and the whole blower goes inside the dash???
This is just what i have done. About the heater, i know what you will need a separate heating coil and the same blower can be used.

The SK blower sits perfectly inside the dash without any cutting anywhere and flexible pipes(like the vacuum cleaner pipe) are then connected from the 4 vents of the SKB to the stock vents in the dash.
Old 25th March 2010, 19:13   #185
Senior - BHPian

Video of the engine-bay post AC install. Enjoy...

1. Sanden 6V10 variable compressor mounted on a custom fabricated bracket.

2. Superking blower mounted under the dash. Glove-box had to be cut slightly to accomodate the blower. This is because the blower output is channeled into the stock vents with a custom fiberglass adapter. We had to get the positioning right and the glove-box RHS edge had to go. Sealed it up post-install so there is no issue with usability of the Glove box and space has been reduced marginally (1 can of coke roughly)

3. Superking controller is used to control the aircon. The thermistor is at the output of the blower. Compressor cut-off works and there are multiple blower strength settings. In the lowest setting with thermostat set for "LOW" the air coming out of the vents is VERY cold. I need to know if I can reduce compressor duty cycle even further so that this setting is the "HIGH" setting.

4. Heatlon and Sun-Film help in a BIG way. The interior of the car feels almost cooler than the exterior even with the ac off.

Right now the seats are getting fitted and finally I will do an overall aesthetics check before signing off on the phase-1 of modifications to the Gypsy. This has taken a long time...I've had the Gypsy for 9 days now since delivery but it has only been with me for 40 hours. I'll get it back once and for all tomorrow evening.

Phew
Old 25th March 2010, 22:44   #186
Senior - BHPian

GS - please post snaps macchi. videos dont open up in my office and its too much to wait till i get home to catch the video.

I know, sounds selfish, but the curiosity kills
Old 25th March 2010, 23:11   #187
Senior - BHPian

GS, Must say, it looks really neat and clean!
Waiting to hear from you after a good long drive, if you are facing any overheating issues.
If you give a green signal, i wouldn't mind driving all the way upto Mumbai to get this done/installed.
How much time would Sreepadh take roughly for this intallation GS?
Thanks a lot and once again, a very neat install.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 25th March 2010, 23:54   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
GS - please post snaps macchi. videos dont open up in my office and its too much to wait till i get home to catch the video
Will do...gimme a minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
GS, Must say, it looks really neat and clean!
Waiting to hear from you after a good long drive, if you are facing any overheating issues
I must say that Israr Bhai's installation in Imran's Gypsy was the starting point for Mr.Sripadh. The layout inherently allows for a clean installation.

I drove it from Mahim to Ghatkopar (roughly 12kms) in stop-go traffic without issues. I'll be driving it on the highway tomorrow and then on the expresssway over the weekend to test it out on longer drives. I'll post a report then.

Quote:
How much time would Sreepadh take roughly for this intallation GS?
Thanks a lot and once again, a very neat install
My install took an entire week but the major delays were due to the pulley and the bracket. With these templates ready now, anyone wanting the same components should be able to get theirs done in 2 days.

My install was also complicated by the fact that I had the sun-film and new seats going in at the same time. Trying too finish too many jobs at the same time ended up hurting me
Old 26th March 2010, 00:16   #189
Senior - BHPian

Click here to see the pics of the engine-bay post AC installation

I'll post more videos tomorrow of the entire car once the seats are in. Upholstery will be done later...perhaps next week. Tired of simply working on the car without actually driving it!
Old 26th March 2010, 00:20   #190
Senior - BHPian

Looks very very clean man. Now i am thinking. Will meet you up during the weekend.
Old 26th March 2010, 09:04   #191
Senior - BHPian

Looks very neat, and I can see myself in the queue to take advantage of all the pioneering too, perhaps. I am very interested to hear from you how the car drives under different conditions with the AC working, and whether it gives the fuel efficiency and engine performance of the stock car when driven with the AC off. Also, your experience with the AC systems when you go bouncing around on bad roads, does anything fall off, start rattling, or misbehave in any manner. And have you an update on what this install does to the Maruti warranty?
Thank you.
Old 26th March 2010, 11:18   #192
Senior - BHPian

@GS- NICE!!!! this looks like a great install. Best of luck with the testing.
Old 26th March 2010, 11:27   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks very very clean man. Now i am thinking. Will meet you up during the weekend.
Sure thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Looks very neat, and I can see myself in the queue to take advantage of all the pioneering too, perhaps. I am very interested to hear from you how the car drives under different conditions with the AC working, and whether it gives the fuel efficiency and engine performance of the stock car when driven with the AC off. Also, your experience with the AC systems when you go bouncing around on bad roads, does anything fall off, start rattling, or misbehave in any manner. And have you an update on what this install does to the Maruti warranty?
Thank you.
Warranty is intact as this is dealer-fitted. This is a grey-area to be honest because if you read the MUL warranty card it states that any non-standard fitments void the warranty. This could be from a floor-mat to a mud-flap to a glove-box light to an aircon. It is all up to the dealer's interpretation and willingness to help you out.

Getting it dealer-fitted with a job-card and bill etc. keeps the warranty safe relative to getting it retrofitted by someone else. They are accountable to you
Old 26th March 2010, 14:33   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Warranty is intact as this is dealer-fitted.
If you have a Sai Service invoice, with the same Maruti printed endorsements that are present on the invoice for the sale of the car, for the install as well, then I am pretty sure the warranty will remain in force.
Old 27th March 2010, 10:57   #195
Senior - BHPian

Guru- Can you post pics of the interiors including the dash? Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks