Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2010, 09:14   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Are you sure your pressure plates and release bearing were replaced during the service, if yes then how come it costs only Rs 1040?

Spike
Dear Spike,
The gear box issue was covered under warranty. So, the pressure plate, release bearing and stuff would've been free of charge for GS.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 10th May 2010, 11:24   #257
Senior - BHPian

Yes the gearbox work was covered under warranty and hence no charge.
Old 11th June 2010, 15:00   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quick update:

I have ordered the rear differential lockers. I will have them by 20th and will get them installed prior to the AKC and EXAMM OTR events.

If you recall, I had an issue with engine over-heating during OTRs and in traffic with the AC switched off. With the AC switched on - no overheating issues. I therefore decided to used a 5-point relay for the condensor fan. Now I have a manual switch for the condensor fan. I can turn the fan on/off with the flip of a switch. Now...even if the switch is OFF and you turn on the ac - the fan will come on. This is to make sure the fan can be controlled with AC off...and that it comes on automatically when the AC comes on.

Now - no more overheating in traffic!!!

Other changes will be removing the anti-roll bar for the OTR for greater articulation in the front. This coupled with the diff-locks and lowered tire pressures should improve off-road performance significantly.
Old 11th June 2010, 19:11   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

If the fan is not starting without a/c on then you need to check the temperature sensor or wiring to and from that.
Old 11th June 2010, 22:48   #260
Senior - BHPian

fan starts with AC just fine. when AC is off during Otr trails is the issue. fixed by installing manual switch so I can turn it on even with compressor off.
Old 17th June 2010, 17:22   #261
BHPian

Hi Buddy,

I believe you have a music system in your Gypsy. Does the settings/FT stations on your system go away when you turn-off and start the Gypsy again. I am facing this problem and just want to confirm whether this is a known issue with all Gypsies?

Nitin
Old 17th June 2010, 17:32   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Hi Buddy,

I believe you have a music system in your Gypsy. Does the settings/FT stations on your system go away when you turn-off and start the Gypsy again. I am facing this problem and just want to confirm whether this is a known issue with all Gypsies?

Nitin
Hey Nitin,
I did face this issue in the first couple of weeks of install.
After that, it hasn't resurfaced again. Must be some problem with the power supply, i think.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 17th June 2010, 17:41   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Hey Nitin,
I did face this issue in the first couple of weeks of install.
After that, it hasn't resurfaced again. Must be some problem with the power supply, i think.
Cheers,
Deepak
You didn't face this issue after 2 weeks, means there is a memory wire in Gypsy. In my case, the installer has connected HU's power and memory wires to same wire in Gypsy; so I will always face this problem. Time to go to a good installer.

Nitin
Old 17th June 2010, 17:46   #264
BHPian

in my experience this is not a Gypsy specific issue. You need to get the stereo wiring checked from an experienced car accessories guy. Some car models have a different wiring color coding. In my corsa blaupunkt stereos connect directly, but for Pioneer systems we had to connect the green to red and vice-a-versa (not sure on the colors, but essentially some wires have to be swapped). That should solve the settings memory issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Hi Buddy,

Nitin
Old 18th June 2010, 03:43   #265
BANNED

one wire is always on and the other is connected to the ACC position of the key.
Old 11th November 2010, 10:39   #266
Senior - BHPian

Geoff is undergoing upgrades!!

Now that I've completed over 10k Kms in the Gypsy, I thought it was time for some upgrades to make it more effective off-road.

Allan and his men are getting some "Armour" on Geoff' including a new front bumper, underbody skid plates, sock sliders etc. I've also brought in a set of locking differentials from Lock-Right. These are for the rear diff and should give me amazing traction off-road. Inspired by Shahnawaz Khan's accounts of his experience pre and post diff-lock installation. I've seen the diff-locks in action at TPC and I must say...the most potent upgrade you can do for under 15k.

These came in this week:

Will post pics of the finished vehicle in a couple of weeks. All this is in preparation for the Munnar OTR.

Cheers!
Old 11th November 2010, 18:39   #267
Senior - BHPian

Cool Stuff Da. New Avatar even before the gypsy is a year old. Nice.
Old 11th November 2010, 19:50   #268
Senior - BHPian

Some W.I.P pics of the rock sliders and bumper/winch

Old 11th November 2010, 22:26   #269
BHPian

I like what I see! Not bad Guru!
I want the low down on the costs once you're done!
Old 11th November 2010, 23:00   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladak.imran View Post
I like what I see! Not bad Guru!
I want the low down on the costs once you're done!
I'm keeping track of the costs as well because I've got a limited budget at the moment so I may have to do some of the other work in the next phase.

BTW - the bumpers are not yet completed. It is a ARB replica with a few minor changes.

Once this phase is done I will move on to the following in the next phase:

1. Side fenders
2. Branch fenders
3. Roll-cage
4. Half-cabin
5. Long travel suspension upgrade (not SPOA or lift - bolt on suspension kit)
or Old Man EMU leaf-spring and shocks.

Allan showed me a bolt on suspension kit that costs around 35k before shipping and duties and it allowed for some mad articulation from the Gypsy. Very eager to go this route for the next level of mods.

Last edited by gsferrari : 11th November 2010 at 23:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks