Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2024, 04:51   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2 decades of Team-BHP | A Happy 20th to our community

Happy 20th Birthday!

This is the only website that I have been consistently visiting since 2011. I have made many friends, reconnected with few of my school/college classmates in this forum. I got attracted by some of the new age social media platforms for couple of years in between but I have made an exit from each of them after the quality went downhill. This is the only place where sanity still exists, while even professional platforms like Linkedin has become a joke.
guyfrmblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 23:14   #182
BHPian

Wishing the entire Team including Members, Moderators, Contributors, and visitors of Team-BHP a Very Happy Birthday/Anniversary.

WOW! 20 glorious years and what a journey it has been, definitely a proud one, and being part of this journey over the last 15 years or so (9 years as a member) has been very satisfying and enriching for me personally. As GTO pointed out those were early days of WWW and not many would put their monies on a members’ only platform, and remember internet was still in its nascent stage. Smart phones were still to establish themselves and internet parlors were the rage then where we would try to explore ourselves to find out our worth. I still remember that a cup of coffee at Cybercafe on Brigade Road, Bengaluru would get us 30 or 60 minutes of free internet which I would brag about with my friends and colleagues alike. So, during those days, a dedicated and members’ only website where members were chosen upon scrutiny was completely unheard off. A website whose philosophy included but not limited to penalizing for presentation and language and there were posting rules. Repetitions were not allowed, third-party promotions and marketing were unheard off, not promoting liquor or speeding, and et. al., all these would have been considered a disaster for survival forget growth. With all these rules, many would have believed it to be a marketing stunt and a gimmick used to create a narrative. Well, not only have we proved the pundits wrong on what they thought but also made the whole world understand that the rules were the cornerstone and key differentiators for team-BHP and they took notice and how. Not only has the brand value increased over the years but here we are celebrating 2 decades of sheer loyalty and patronage.

I still remember the difference in approach and treatment towards the members at the service centers during our interactions with them. How the very mention of team-BHP would make them sit up and take our conversations seriously, and they would be extremely attentive towards our concerns. I have seen the awe and envy from others present during the discussion at the ASCs and otherwise and how we were respected for our ability to understand our machines and access to first-hand information. All these were thanks to the level of exposure and depth of information that was made available due to the member’s discussions in the forum. So much so that many wanted to become members just for the privilege on offer and it was like cracking a competitive exam; exactly and I‘m quite serious, I myself undertook several attempts to get through and when I received a positive mail partied long into the night celebrating the success.

Over the years, team-BHP has created an extended family for me and I’ve connected to vibrant folks from various walks of life but have one thing in common - same passion and motoring spirits. We have had some unforgettable and memorable drives organized by some of our BHPians year after year which have led to forging long-time relationships and bonds with their families too.

Again, to maintain the same momentum, fire, zeal, enthusiasm, and standards after 20 long years takes a lot of commitment, hard work, focus, determination, love, and not to forget complete belief in what is being done. A lot of commendation goes to the moderators, contributors, and finally to the members too for keeping up the high standards. Also, as GTO puts it in his post to keep our heads high with respect in today’s corporate environment without becoming a false influencer shows our true character and ability to withstand different pressures and adversities and present what is honest. So, hats off to the entire team once again who have made the website a unique and fantastic experience for me and all other members like me who can't stay away from the site for even a single day. Cheers
sumzup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 10:49   #183
BHPian

Happy birthday Team-BHP!

Congratulations to the entire team on achieving another milestone!

Thanks to GTO, Moderators and all members.

This forum is unique, and I have benefited a lot from this forum. The first website I opened each day was teambhp.com, watching this, later my colleagues started following the community too.

I joined the community only a couple of years back, however started reading more than a decade. Anything related to automobiles the first reference is team-bhp.

Wishing all the best for the wonderful years ahead!
Old 27th February 2024, 16:25   #184
BHPian

20 years . That is such a nice moment to celebrate and congratulations on the ever growing fanbase.

Now while posting this, I realised, I am here for last 19 years with the possible dubious record of lowest number of post by an oldest member.

I still remember how I joined in here. Being a hardcore Suzuki Shogun fan and a proud owner (I still have that bike and its turning 28), I used to get into the controversial Shogun v/s Rx100 debates. To arm myself with arguments, I was googling Shogun v/s Rx100 and stumbled upon this below thread in Team-BHP and immediately registered.

Shogun v/s Rx100 (suzuki shogun Vs yam rx 100(which one?))

From then, a lot of decisions including cars, tyres, warranty etc. have been made with help of forum. And now a days, we drive around happily with a lot of Team-BHP friends.

If I have to pick one great thing about this forum, minus all great content and reviews, is the strict non-acceptance of chat slangs.

Once again, happy birthday and all the best !!
Old 27th February 2024, 20:38   #185

Wishing a very happy birthday to our Team-BHP

Congratulations to the entire team and especially the team who has put tremendous effort in reviewing the information posted and ensuring quality of the content. This makes the forum special and different from other groups.

I don't exactly remember from when I started following this forum. I believe around 2005-06 timeframe and since then has been part of my daily routine reading the articles/travelogues from the forum.

I have been benefitted from this forum for my car purchases in 2010/2016/2024 and my car sale in 2024. This forum has helped me keep updated not only on automotive side, but other topics as well.

Thank you Team-BHP
Old 1st March 2024, 12:06   #186
BHPian

Happy 20th Birthday Team-BHP, being a member of this august forum in the company of like minded folks and with a superb group of mods lead by GTO gives me an immense sense of pride.

As mentioned by GTO, the journey of the forum before the term "social media" was coined to present day without having to dilute its core beliefs is what truly sets apart this forum from others of its similar ilk
AlphaLamb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 01:50   #187
BHPian

Congratulations on your anniversary! Even more so, thank you for your tireless efforts and volunteerism in helping enhance automotive knowledge and encourage those who are passionate about anything automotive related.

A special vote of thanks to Admins, the Mods and especially all the members that make this community a great place for all Auto enthusiasts.

Here's raising a toast to 20 more years! Bless you all.
Old 6th March 2024, 11:45   #188
BHPian

Belated Happy Birthday, Team-BHP!

BIG Thank You, to GTO, Mods, Admins and All the BHPians, for continuing to ensure the content remains stellar, at all times

All the Best,
Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
... Happy 20th Birthday, Team-BHP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks