Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2024, 15:13   #91

Re: 2 decades of Team-BHP | A Happy 20th to our community

I learnt many of life lessons being a part of this forum. Some of those are always on my finger tips

1. Writing skills: Beyond the all important content; keeping the reader's interest with pictures and some fun is also important.
2. Attention to detail: Every thread in this forum is an example; don't have to 'detail' this further.
3. Unbiased analysis of an issue: I used to jump to conclusions very early and take sides. Reading through different perspectives helped me to respond with empathy.
4. Fundamentals: To become an expert in any domain, FUNDAMENTALS are very important. Whenever I lack some confidence or motivation, I go back to the very fundamentals to correct / gauge the situations.
5. Preparedness: Many threads helped me to prepare for different situations; a break-down during a long journey, a theft, a big-ticket purchase, avoid idiots and focus on what's important, health, financial advice etc.
6. Safety Conscious: I work in an industry where "holding handrails" is one of the conditions of employment. I took many examples from this forum as a safety contact during my meetings.
7. Micro joys: Paying attention to nuts and bolts of stuff around you can be great fun too.
8. I am not alone: I could relate myself to many of the threads in this forum which made me realize that 'I am not the only one'.

Wishing many more great years to TBHP with a happy picture of my car.
Cheers TBHP.

2 decades of Team-BHP | A Happy 20th to our community-img_4513.jpg

Last edited by Sheel : 16th February 2024 at 11:35. Reason: Typo.
facelyft is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 15:15   #92
BHPian

What a day to celebrate a Birthday!

Happy Birthday Team BHP!

Quality contribution from the members clearly distinguishes T-BHP from all others. The first-hand experience of end users triumphs over the experience of the experts. And T-BHP provides just that.

Many thanks to the founders and the mods for providing us with such a clean, reliable and quality experience!
Old 14th February 2024, 15:16   #93
BHPian

Congratulations TBHP. It is an awesome achievement to run anything for 20 years, let alone a wildly successful, well regulated, bias free blog. Out of the 20 years, i think i have been a member for 6 years out of which 3 years I sat out on a ban!

Two things I want to change:

1. The PM section. The actions are still not intuitive. Example, you need to select all the PMs and then go to the dialogue box at the bottom, select delete, and then click on go.

2. New designs of t shirts, i loved the last designs of T Bhp t shirts and the quality too.
Raghuwire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 15:26   #94
BHPian

20 years of pure content and nothing else. Says a lot about what the forum stood for and how it has evolved during these years as GTO mentioned.

Cheers to future decades and success.
psmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 15:26   #95

Congratulations Team-BHP!!
While I made an account very late on, I have been an avid follower for a few years.

Running a bloat free forum for 2 decades is no joke, I commend the mods on maintaining such a high standard of quality.

Cheers to many more years of motoring post goodness,
TSI

Last edited by SpaceInfinite : 14th February 2024 at 15:33. Reason: Formatting correction to remove garbled characters
Old 14th February 2024, 15:34   #96
KJD

Mod Note: Post trimmed. Please avoid quoting entire post for repliesl Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Team-BHP went live before the term "social media" was even coined!
=========

Here's to celebrating the lack of junk on this platform! Here's to continued striving to keep it clean. Happy 20th Birthday, Team-BHP
What better day than to post my first ever message on this esteemed forum!!
Heartiest Congratulations to all you guys who not just conceived the idea of a platform like this, but nurtured it, and helped it grow into this gigantic ocean of genuine information on almost any given topic and I don't mean just about cars.
I've been a reader for the past two years or so. I hope to contribute to this forum as much as I can in the days to come.
Thank you again.
Keep munching the miles guys!!!

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th February 2024 at 15:37.
Old 14th February 2024, 15:35   #97
BHPian

Happy 20th to the forum and all the moderators that keep it up and running. Here's to the next 20 and more.
Old 14th February 2024, 15:43   #98
BHPian

Wishing everyone a very happy 20th!!!
I just checked my join date - June 2005. I joined this incredible team before I bought my first car. And have been part of this journey for almost 19 years now.

I have to say this - even when I joined it never felt like a new fledgling forum. It was as mature and insightful then. Although many things have been added but as a consumer of the forum, it feels the same - in a very good way.

Thanks.
Old 14th February 2024, 16:10   #99

A great Milestone

Glad to be part of this community , which has been an integral part of the Indian automotive scene for the past 2 decades

Cheers for the next 20
Old 14th February 2024, 16:29   #100
BHPian

Happy 20th Birthday Dear Team-BHP!

I'm Glad to be part of this community.

I sincerely thank all the Administrators and Moderators of this wonderful forum for consistently maintaining the decorum and quality of the discussions held on various topics.

All the best!!
Old 14th February 2024, 16:32   #101
BHPian

Congratulations and Best Wishes Team BHP, GTO, Support team, Moderators, Distinguished BHPians, Senior BHPians and all the members on 20th birthday.

I am really proud to be part of Team BHP which made me more knowledgeable, matured and wise.

Thanks everyone.
Old 14th February 2024, 16:35   #102
BHPian

Happy 20 to the forum and all Bhpians! My first car that I bought 10 years ago was based on a review here on team bhp. Within the first week of ownership we met with an accident. One of my friends was driving and there were 3 people in the car and we hit a road divider. All three of us walked about alive with barely any scratches. Third year into my ownership my cousin crashed the car and walked out of alive. That is all thanks to my fellow bhpians who keep repeating why it is important to buy a car with safety features and airbags.

Thanks to GTO, ballfry and the classifieds section on the forum I bought my second car last year. Again loaded with safety features and more bhp. A dream which started by reading GTO legendary 530d M-Sport thread, a dream that was fulfilled by finding the car on the classifieds section on team bhp and finally owing the car.

A big thank you to all the moderators for the time they put in. A big thank you to all the bhpians who have contributed so much content that I have never once not found what I was looking for.

On a personal front I can vouch that lives were saved and a dream were fulfilled thanks to the content on this forum. Happy Birthday!
Ishallownabmw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 16:39   #103
Team-BHP Support

Happy 20th and best wishes for many many more years of excellence in the world of automotive forums! Cannot thank GTO enough for starting this forum and to all the moderators and Bhpians for their excellent contributions over the last two decades!
BlackPearl is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 17:06   #104
Senior - BHPian

Happy 20th Birthday, Team-Bhp!! This is no small feat considering the dynamically changing online information landscape!! Congratulations to GTO, Mods, T-Bhpians and the entire member community of this Forum.

Being a member here since 2009 (15 years!!), I went through a well deserved 10 year Ban for not following the Forum rules which didn't demotivate me from browsing the Forum every single day for the last 15 Years. The Ban was revoked on my request and after lot of discussions. I have been actively updating half a dozen of my ownership threads in this Forum ever since my Ban was revoked. Thanks to GTO for this.

My below thread remains among the Top 50 most Thanked thread of all time in Team-Bhp! Small achievement for me!
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post5139290 (Stolen & found after 25 years - Dad's 1971 Bullet!)

My most favorite section being the Vintage and Classic Cars section; which I believe is unique to this Forum in India.

Lastly, I deeply miss the Posts of few Bhpians who are no more with us like Bhpian Sam Kapasi, Bhpian DHABHAR.BEHRAM, Bhpian KartikeyaL. They have immensely contributed to this Forum and their posts will remain as a guide and reference for long time to come.

Last edited by arun1100 : 14th February 2024 at 17:16.
arun1100 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 17:10   #105
BHPian

Might have skipped breakfast on few occasions but not a dose of Team BHP every single day. Happy Birthday Team BHP and wishes to all fellow members.
glovins2004 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks