Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2014, 13:48   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
When I asked him for the next schedule, he asked me not to come for the next 6 months after which we discuss this topic, an honest answer which I liked.
I went there this morning for Advanced paint sealant. I had got the paint sealant done around 7 months back. Pradeep and his team inspected the condition of my car. Forget about paint sealant, they refused even to do a wash and wax job. They said that my car had enough gloss, wax and asked me to come only after 4-5 months. I have never seen such honest guys anywhere .
guyfrmblr is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 17:00   #677
BHPian

After being on road in and around Sathyamangalam forest areas, returned with a
lot of dirt; SMSed Pradeep and Siddu, fixed a time, went for a foam wash and interior cleaning. Terrific job as I found later when I did a Collinite 845 treatment; I also picked up the Meguiar's all wheel cleaner.

Thanks Siddu, Pradeep and the Team there. Cheers
Old 5th February 2014, 00:18   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

My new ride, gleaming after a session at 3M.
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-linea-after-delivery1.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-linea-after-delivery2.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-linea-after-delivery3.jpg  

arun_josie is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 10:01   #679
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Looks smashing Arun! Where is the ownership report thread??
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 10:25   #680
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Arun, guess you are continuing the tradition of the pics in the same place. I still remember the Dzire pictures in the same place.

The car looks smashing and it needs no mention of it.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 14:20   #681
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Looks smashing Arun! Where is the ownership report thread??
It should come up soon. Currently tied up with lot of other commitments and hence the delay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Arun, guess you are continuing the tradition of the pics in the same place. I still remember the Dzire pictures in the same place.The car looks smashing and it needs no mention of it.
Its a happy coincidence I got the same spot to click the pic.
Old 6th February 2014, 15:20   #682
BHPian

I have been to 3M HSR about 6 times so far. Sidhu is a really nice person and honest and I must say the job is done really well when he is around. On 2 occasions I went in early morning, once for a paint sealant and yesterday for a body wash and was not very happy with the work done.

The first time for the paint sealant, it was a brand new car and the whole paint sealant process lasted under 40 minutes out of which 20 minutes was taken was washing the car. When the car was taken up inside for the paint sealant, I went for a coffee to the restaurant opposite their place and when I got back in about 15 minutes they said they were done and when I asked how come so fast I was told with a new car it does not take too much of time. I said maybe and left. A week later when washing the car I noticed the water stains were staying on the body and they were very obvious since it is a black car. I went back to 3M and asked them about it but the only response I got was that it is a problem with the water I use to wash the car. I did not believe it since I have been washing all my cars there with the same for for almost 8 years and also, the other car I washed the same day did not have any signs of water stains. I then brought up the topic again of the paint sealant process that lasted only 20 minutes and Sidhu said it was not possible for them to do it that fast but I was there and he was not. He did not believe me but ended up redoing the paint sealant after which I have not had any problems using the same water that was supposedly not good for washing the car.

The second problem was yesterday. I had just got back from a long trip and the car was covered with a lot of dust and red mud courtesy the ghats leading from Goa to Shimoga. I took the car in for a body wash at around 10 AM, Sidhu and Pradeep were not in. The guys there came promptly and took the car in for a wash. After the wash was done and the car was brought up, I noticed that the wheel wells were dirty, the tires were only half clean and the rims still had a few patches with brake dust, ( the bottom of the tire that was touching the ground was still dirty ) I can understand that a few inches that are in contact with the ground when it is washed will still have dirt as it can not be scrubbed but almost half the tire means it was not done right. I pointed that out and it was rubbed with a cloth and cleaned. When I asked about the wheel wells, I was told that they do not do the wheel wells as part of the body cleaning and you need to ask them to clean it is needed. They only spray water into the wheel wells and that's it is what I was told. The guy even said that all the boys there are trained by 3M and that is what they will do. I then asked if there was any reason they don't do it and was told, the stains there will not come out and hence not done. I put my hand n and wiped it a bit to show him it comes off and after that he got the guy who washed the car to just wipe the wheel wells a bit.

Another thing I found strange was, I asked if they will do a tire dressing and the response was " Tire dressing is done only if you go for an interior cleaning as well". I was under the impression that the tires are part of the exterior!!! The local car wash centers that charge Rs. 250/- for a wash clean the wheel wells and dress the tires and trims too.

The 2 experiences above have been the last 2 visits there and have left me wondering whether it is really worth paying a premium at 3M to get your car cleaned. The only advantage I see with 3M at this point is the fact that they use MF cloth and the place is cleaner that other car wash centers. As far as the MF, I can visit any other car wash and have them use the MF that I have to wash the car.

Overall, I would rate 3M HSR below average when Sidhu is not around and a 9/10 when he is.

Would I continue to go there? Not really sure as if it is just for a wash, I would need to go there before work when Sidhu is not yet in and it will be left with a below average job done.
Scorpioman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2014, 15:57   #683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpioman View Post
When I asked about the wheel wells, I was told that they do not do the wheel wells as part of the body cleaning and you need to ask them to clean it is needed.
This is the only reason why my 1st visit for a car wash, was my last visit there.
Sorry to be harsh, but if my underbody is not washed during a standard body wash, every fortnight, then its not worth taking to 3M.
My FN Wash station does it better by lifting the car with a hydraullic lift and washes every bit of thrash that is accumulated under the car.

Adding one more thing, may be a constructive feedback. The car wash area needs to be moved outside in a brighter place. The basement is very dark, and no amount of light can give a clear picture whether the car is spanking clean or not.
Old 7th February 2014, 10:22   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Looks fabulous. I see less whites than the maroon linea on Bangalore roads.
When is the long drive? Looking forward to the detailed ownership report.
aneezan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 11:49   #685
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Looks fabulous. I see less whites than the maroon linea on Bangalore roads.
When is the long drive? Looking forward to the detailed ownership report.
Yes, even I feel that whites are lesser in number.
Long drive may take a month as this month schedules are bit tight. Ownership report may take some time for the same reason.
Old 7th February 2014, 12:25   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Your white linea is looking beauty, can you please elaborate what all activity was covered at 3M and charges for the same.
driving_smartly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 03:14   #687
BHPian

Took the polo in for customary paint sealant. Truly amazed at the work.

Granted the car is new, but sample this -
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-photo-4.jpeg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-photo-3.jpeg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-photo-2.jpeg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-photo-1.jpeg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-photo-5.jpeg  

azeemhafiz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 17:14   #688
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Your white linea is looking beauty, can you please elaborate what all activity was covered at 3M and charges for the same.
Paint Sealant - 3290
PPF on the all the door steps - 2241
Tax - 406

Discount - 500, some offer was going that week
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 08:56   #689
BHPian

3 kids carpooling made the fiesta's beige interior pretty nasty. Sidhu and his boys made it spotless again and now it doesn't look like the interior of a intercity non-AC bus.

Thanks guys.
Old 26th March 2014, 09:10   #690
BHPian

Had been to 3M HSR store for getting the Air conditioner spray treatment done for my Swift to remove the bad odors. Was attended to promptly and the spraying was done.

Met Sidhu and spent some time chatting with him as well.

All in all a great experience, thanks to Sidhu and team !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks