Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2010, 11:29   #136
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVictor View Post
Finally, I decided to cut off the irrelevant talk coming from the other end and drove off. I drove around 1-2 km and till the time I reached home, the needle was still below the normal mark.

I am sure the volume filled was less, the owners were not clean and this petrol bunk is yet another feather in IOC cheat list.

2 questions I need your opinion on:

1. Should this be reported to IOC? Will it make any difference? I have come to know from co-workers corruption is deeply rooted in petrol bunk dealers and investigating officers / cops and it sometimes turn to violence.

2. Any other bunk in and around HSR / ORR which is reliable.

Best Regards,
iVictor
This bunk has been there for the past 5 years. But always looked like a cheap shady bunk, with mostly private buses standing. Use the bunk on the 19th main ORR junction. Next to Mantri. That is much better. Been filling there regularly for quite some and have no complaints. I think even the one on 27th main is OK. But you cannot access it from inside HSR, as 27th main is a one way for the time being.
Old 25th February 2010, 11:35   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Shell petrol pump near Bosch building on Hosur Road is excellent. Just try Shell once and you will never go to any other petrol pump.
How correct is that! I can vouch for that!
Old 25th February 2010, 11:41   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,
1. Should this be reported to IOC? Will it make any difference? I have come to know from co-workers corruption is deeply rooted in petrol bunk dealers and investigating officers / cops and it sometimes turn to violence.
Please do report to IOC. I know, first hand, that they take complaints seriously and do all thy can to follow up. A colleague of mine had a very similar experience about a year back and eventually a big racket was unearthed and I was told that a few attendants were replaced at bunk.

You can call toll free at 155233 or 1800 2333 555
or post a complaint online Feedback Form
Old 25th February 2010, 20:52   #139

Thanks guys.

rohan_iitr - The bill was hand-written. Will try out Shell. If I recall correctly, it comes at a higher cost.

ampere - I have filled from there once. As it is en route to my commute, it would be the appropriate option.

bullinb - Thnx for number and links. I'll surely check it out.

Best Regards,
iVictor
Old 25th February 2010, 22:05   #140
Senior - BHPian

I fill it only from Shankar& Sons BP gas station near Jeevanbheema nagar police station, and happy with their service.
Old 25th February 2010, 22:14   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think even the one on 27th main is OK. But you cannot access it from inside HSR, as 27th main is a one way for the time being.
The great Indian short fueling trick is also practiced in the above pump:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post989146

This trick is also practiced in IOC pump near ORR Mantri apartment:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post1374181

If you stay in HSR Layout, the only place to have a peaceful, calm, tension free refueling experience is Shell. A brand new HP pump has sprung up near the HSR BDA complex near ORR. I am waiting for the day this pump will make an entry in this thread.

-- Wind
Old 26th February 2010, 00:43   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I always use BP gas station at Jeevanbhima nagar, and happy with their service
Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Fully agree. They are 24/7. Very professional, don't waste time and the quality of petrol is good. I get the same results with them and the BP opposite Manipal Hospital. Infact I think they are the only decent ones in and around Airport Road, Indiranagar, Jeevan Bheema Nagar, Tippasandra.
Completely agree, guys. I have found these two to be the best of the lot in those areas.

I have found IOC pumps in Bangalore to be very shady.

Last edited by sbraj : 26th February 2010 at 00:46.
Old 26th February 2010, 08:17   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will try out Shell. If I recall correctly, it comes at a higher cost.
Yeah! But depends what is important to you. For me it is the feeling
of not getting cheated and premium quality of fuel over some extra change. Sheesh! I feel like a Shell Co. PR.
Old 26th February 2010, 12:09   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Yeah! But depends what is important to you. For me it is the feeling
of not getting cheated and premium quality of fuel over some extra change. Sheesh! I feel like a Shell Co. PR.
My sentiments exactly.

Shell petrol may be costly by a Rupee or so (per litre). But in return for that, you get:
- Assurance of quality and quantity
- No funny business (short fueling etc)
- Complimentary windscreen wash and wipe
- Free air pressure check
- Polite and helpful attendants

IIRC, a Team-BHP member visited a Shell pump and discovered a puncture. The Shell attendant happily offered to change the tyre. Can this kind of gesture be expected from the normal rowdy attendants at other pumps ?

Does Shell have a tie-up with some credit card company so that we don't need to pay fuel surcharge on credit card payment ?

Rohan
Old 26th February 2010, 12:13   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IIRC, a Team-BHP member visited a Shell pump and discovered a puncture. The Shell attendant happily offered to change the tyre. Can this kind of gesture be expected from the normal rowdy attendants at other pumps ?
That was me again!!
I had a flat and the guy changed the tyre on the house for me.
Old 26th February 2010, 13:59   #146
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My sentiments exactly.

Shell petrol may be costly by a Rupee or so (per litre). But in return for that, you get:
- Assurance of quality and quantity
- No funny business (short fueling etc)
- Complimentary windscreen wash and wipe
- Free air pressure check
- Polite and helpful attendants

Does Shell have a tie-up with some credit card company so that we don't need to pay fuel surcharge on credit card payment ?

Rohan
My experience at Shell, Vignan Nagar

1. I got more milage with BPCl opp manipal hospital than Shell vignan nagar.
2. Windscreen wash and wipe was never offered
3. Attendants though polite, twice did not return the change when paid by cash. same excuse "No change sir"
4. CC to be charged by bank. they will not charge. Great.
5. After filling air, the attendant expected change. It happened all the three time i filled there.

So i shifted to BPCL.

This is India. No one can change the general mentality of people. It is only our collective psychological feeling "costlier the better" " foreign is good, desi is bad"
Old 27th February 2010, 12:35   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
My experience at Shell, Vignan Nagar

1. I got more milage with BPCl opp manipal hospital than Shell vignan nagar.
2. Windscreen wash and wipe was never offered
3. Attendants though polite, twice did not return the change when paid by cash. same excuse "No change sir"
4. CC to be charged by bank. they will not charge. Great.
5. After filling air, the attendant expected change. It happened all the three time i filled there.

So i shifted to BPCL.

This is India. No one can change the general mentality of people. It is only our collective psychological feeling "costlier the better" " foreign is good, desi is bad"
This is very strange. I have never had such experiences at Shell Pump on Hosur Road.

I suggest that you give a feedback on the Shell India website. They take customer feedback very seriously.

Some people may have the mentality that costlier is better or foreign is good. But I am not one of them. I use and suggest Shell fuel only because I have always had good experience with Shell (Touch wood) and bad experiences with other pumps. I would never pay extra just for a brand name.

Rohan
Old 27th February 2010, 12:48   #148
BHPian

Bunk near Indiranagar RTO mixes kerosene in the oil. Recently, I filled petrol for my bike from there and it was a disaster. Please avoid that place. The best place would be Shell IMO
Old 1st March 2010, 07:35   #149
BHPian

I total agree with the observation of rkg. I have filled in Shell twice (one near yeswantpur and one near big bazaar), but was never offered any windscreen wipe. For that matter, I did not find the service any different than any Indian petrol pump.

On the contrary, I find the service of IOC, HP and BPCL petrol pumps (in Banashankari, J.P. Nagar and BTM) quite okay. Never been cheated (I think) or short fuelled.

My only problem is they (all of them) try to put more diesel after auto cut off and the extra diesel ends up spilling (there is a pipe somewhere). This happens even though I ask them categorically not to fill after auto-cut off. Now-a-days I usually estimate the quantity to fill and ask them to fill that amount.
Old 1st March 2010, 11:20   #150
BHPian

Last Friday evening, tried to fill at the IOC next to Wipro on the Sarjapura Road. There was a Ford Fiesta being filled and the attendant happily stopped after 200Rs and said done saar. The owner was smart enough and asked him to fill tank.

The attendant then comes to me and asks how much. He hears and sets 500 in the dispensar, comes back and inserts the nozzle in the car, but goes back to take money from the fiesta owner. And seeing that I am not near the car, resets the amount to 200 and fills the amount (all when I am standing on the other side of the dispensar watching him). When he sees me, he realizes his mistake and fills for the remaining 300 promptly. And goes on to say 'neevu 500 helidhira!!, naanu 200 anukonde saar'. I gave him a stare and told him to listen carefully.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks