Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2012, 18:58   #451
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

New discovery, the IOC pump at RTNagar main road is absolute no-no. I have tried it more than 10 times on my scooter, the mileage drops by 35%. This pump was earlier IBP which was taken over by IOC later about 2 years ago but it still is the same. Quantity and Quality are both not up to the mark, guys just avoid this place no matter what just don't fill there.
Old 17th January 2012, 08:51   #452
Senior - BHPian

I used to fill my Getz either from the pump opposite Manipal or Shell in Varthur Road. Even I felt that the pump is not what it used to be in terms of quality and quantity. My Getz got bad jerking recently because of dirt accumulated in fuel tank. I stopped using this pump, only Shell Super as much as possible.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th January 2012 at 11:29.
Old 20th January 2012, 10:55   #453
BHPian

The HP Petrol Pump near Delmia Circle in J P Nagar is fishy. I mentioned this couple of posts back but was laughed out by few members.

Today morning my Activa was almost dud, so decided to fill up. I know by experience of more than 1 year that it will take close to 300 Rs of petrol to fill the tank approximately to the brim. The guy filled some person's bike for 50 Rs. After that it was my turn, I told him - "Boss 300 Rs". The guy took 3 tries to clear the counter, when it cleared it showed ------ for couple of secs. he started filling, to my shock I noticed that I reached 60 in 2 secs. I thought I must be dreaming, anyway let me see the final result, knowing how much petrol my vehicle takes. So he stopped at 299.95. To my utter dismay the petrol level was much below my expectations and it confirmed that he indeed started the meter from 50 instead of 0, as I suspected. When I protested, he told "you saw I recycled the counter then it is not my fault.". When I told this is robbery he replied something in Kannada( sorry I do not know Kannada), for which I had no answer. I just cursed my bad luck early morning and moved on.

PS:- I fill the exact way every week and I know the level of petrol it should be after filling up for 300.
PPS:- Is there some nodal/appelleate authority or ombudsman where we can complain about such unfair practices?

Thanks,

Last edited by acroback : 20th January 2012 at 11:18.
Old 20th January 2012, 11:21   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
The HP Petrol Pump near Delmia Circle in J P Nagar is fishy. I mentioned this couple of posts back but was laughed out by few members.
@Acroback, I have only filled diesel there, and hence I have commented about the bunk as I had seen it - positively. This cheating at the 2-wheeler filling point is new, and guess we should be careful here too.
Old 20th January 2012, 12:22   #455
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
My Getz got bad jerking recently because of dirt accumulated in fuel tank. I stopped using this pump, only Shell Super as much as possible.
Well, the methods they are using to transfer fuel from one underground tank to another is to be blamed for that I guess. Please refer my post couple of week back regarding the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Even I been using that pump since past 2 yrs and never had any issues. However some 10 days back had gone to get my bike filled and there was some repair going on. They were taking out the interlocking tiles and digging near the left corner most pump with all underground piping visible. Same time one guy was dipping a pastic bucket (an old paint bucket I guess) in the underground tank and transfering it to another underground tank towards the right (side where they have air pump). Though it was transfer from one tank to another I was not sure if that was the proper way to do since impurity will be added unknowingly, especially mud / dust from bottom of bucket.

Made me to opt for the COCO HP pump almost opposite to the same (Opp to SBI NAL branch, before Manipal hospital while coming from Murgeshpalaya).
As mentioned I am using COCO HP pump next to manipal nowadays. However last Sunday afternoon went to get car filled. I normally get out of car and wait beside the terminal during filling, so they reset the counter to 1000 rs started, however once the counter came to Rs 979 I heard the pump cut off and saw them stopping. Brought this to the notice of the attendant and she agreed to fill up for another 20, now this time the pump display was starting to blink and it ended up displaying varied numbers .
Attendant asked me to wait, went ahead took automated bill which was displaying only the Rs979 hence charged only for that. Meantime the dispenser display was still blinking with all varied values. So guess this was just a mechanical failure.
Old 20th January 2012, 12:40   #456
Senior - BHPian

Any comments on these petrol bunks listed below:

1. Devdas Petrol Station (near Mount Carmel College, Palace Road)

2. Puttaiah & Sons (opposite Mantri Mall, Malleswaram).

Both these bunks are IOC outlets and i personally have filled up regularly from these bunks and find them reliable.

However i am looking for comments from others and more specifically on Premium petrol.
Old 20th January 2012, 14:25   #457
Distinguished - BHPian

Please see my replies in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Any comments on these petrol bunks listed below:

1. Devdas Petrol Station (near Mount Carmel College, Palace Road). Have filled only once on the bike, nothing much to complain except for a 2 kmpl lower mileage.

2. Puttaiah & Sons (opposite Mantri Mall, Malleswaram). My friend fills his car and bike at this station is all praises for the mileage and the smooth that he keeps telling about.

Both these bunks are IOC outlets and i personally have filled up regularly from these bunks and find them reliable.

However i am looking for comments from others and more specifically on Premium petrol.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 15:55   #458
BHPian

Quote:
I have been filling petrol for my car from this bunk for around 5 years now - so really surprised to know about this. In any case, I always get down from my car and ensure that the attendants show me zero before they start filling.

The two-wheelers are in a different line and hence they may have tried this on you. Don't remember whether the pumps on the two-wheeler line are the older type.

Btw, has anyone filled at the new Shell bunk on Kanakapura road (around a km before NICE road junction). I had earlier read about complimentary windshield washes at Shell bunks on this thread and was surprised not to receive one. I was under the impression that it is a norm at all Shell bunks.
Old 20th January 2012, 20:43   #459
BHPian

Quote:

Today morning my Activa was almost dud, so decided to fill up. I know by experience of more than 1 year that it will take close to 300 Rs of petrol to fill the tank approximately to the brim. The guy filled some person's bike for 50 Rs. After that it was my turn, I told him - "Boss 300 Rs". The guy took 3 tries to clear the counter, when it cleared it showed ------ for couple of secs. he started filling, to my shock I noticed that I reached 60 in 2 secs. I thought I must be dreaming, anyway let me see the final result, knowing how much petrol my vehicle takes. So he stopped at 299.95. To my utter dismay the petrol level was much below my expectations and it confirmed that he indeed started the meter from 50 instead of 0, as I suspected. When I protested, he told "you saw I recycled the counter then it is not my fault.". When I told this is robbery he replied something in Kannada( sorry I do not know Kannada), for which I had no answer. I just cursed my bad luck early morning and moved on.

PS:- I fill the exact way every week and I know the level of petrol it should be after filling up for 300.
PPS:- Is there some nodal/appelleate authority or ombudsman where we can complain about such unfair practices?

Thanks,
Even I've had similar experience with these guys. Also, the mileage I get after I fill form here is less than usual.
I prefer to fill at the Indian Oil bunk on the parallel road, near the Nandini milk parlour.

@sajidclt : I recently filled at Shell, Kanakapura. I was offered a windshield wash. Didn't take one though, as I was already running a bit late.

Last edited by Me-hul : 20th January 2012 at 20:48.
Old 26th January 2012, 13:46   #460
mgh
BHPian

Used to fill (autostop) from the BP bunk opposite Manipal Hospital. Last few times I noticed that the amount of diesel filled was clearly more than I expected based on the fuel gauge(I usually fill at around half tank)by a couple of litres (when it shows half tank, earlier experience was 20 litres filled). Also the average was down by about 10 %.
This time I changed and filled at the HP COCO bunk on the opposite side of the road. Women attending to the pumps. Seemed to be all OK. The amount of diesel filled was as expected from the fuel gauge. The average was also back to normal.
Old 26th January 2012, 16:14   #461
BHPian

The C V Raman nagar (opp to Bagmane tech park) HP pump suspected to adulteration or unknowingly mud water getting mixed up with diesel. When I found car smoking lot more than normal took it to the service station. The service advisor shown me white color substance (like paint) inside the tank and also in fuel filter. Had to drain 2500 worth diesel and replace fuel filter.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 26th January 2012 at 16:15.
Old 27th January 2012, 08:28   #462
Senior - BHPian

Indian Oil gas station below the wheeler road fly over. Think it is called Akar service station. The one next to Dolphins and near the TVS showroom. Been filling here for over 6 years. Never been cheated nor has there been any change in gas quality. Emission test can be done here, they have some IOC lubes for sale, distilled water and the biggest bonus is you can swipe your card.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 09:32   #463
Team-BHP Support

The HPCL pump (MATS Fuel Station) near Cosmos Mall has just got better.

They have installed air filling units at almost each fuel dispensing unit; so you can have air checked in your car WHILE fuel is being filled.

No more queues at the main air filling unit.

Good thinking I must say.

Also, I saw one of the female attendants wipe the windshield by a newspaper after she'd cleaned it with water.

A good experience overall.
Old 27th January 2012, 10:29   #464
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
They have installed air filling units at almost each fuel dispensing unit; so you can have air checked in your car WHILE fuel is being filled.
Hope the attendants do not start using that as a ploy to distract customers when they are filling fuel !
Old 27th January 2012, 11:18   #465
Team-BHP Support

Shell petrol bunk on Bannerghatta road, after Meenakshi mall. I've been filling fuel there for as long as I can remember, with all my bikes and cars, and never had any problems. The staff are very courteous, never attempt to distract or cheat. Since it is a little away from the hustle and bustle of the city, there is hardly any crowd or queue for the fuel filling / air pressure checks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks