Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2015, 22:09   #1006
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

@abirnale - I am using both the bunks you have mentioned. I do not have an issue other than these HP Guys spill the petrol on my 2 wheeler by not filling carefully.
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 22:25   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Been using the relatively new BP pump on Sarjapur Road ( after total mall, opposite kaikondrahalli lake). It is quite spacious, staff are polite and have not had any obvious issues with fuel quality. They have a nitrogen machine in addition to 2 air check machines. There is also an emission testing center. So a one stop place where you can cover many things.

The one after wipro on Sarjapur Road also has nitrogen top up.
I have switched to this new BP outlet from bellandur shell as it has nitrogen topup facility (that too free) and also customer service is good so far.
Old 28th July 2015, 23:43   #1008
BHPian

These days I always fill fuel at the Club HP fuel station near Phoenix marketcity. This is close to home and office and overtime I have realized that there is no cheating done here. The operators even offer to clean the car windscreen and provide the receipt promptly. They double check the fuel type before tanking up. The mileage received tanking up here is always as expected and there is no dip. Hence, I believe it is safe to fill here.
Location is: https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...4c2bd1650db9e5
rohanak1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 22:13   #1009
Senior - BHPian

The HP station on Old Airport Road at Murugesh Palya has put up a billboard claiming to be a COCO pump. It was COCO a few years back, then I think it went to being a franchisee, and now its COCO status is back.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 09:00   #1010
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
then I think it went to being a franchisee, and now its COCO status is back.
Yes. They were COCO for a period of around one year earlier. I guess that was some 3 years back.

I have seen this at another petrol bunk too (In Calicut, HP again). I am not sure what the terms are in this case.
Old 2nd August 2015, 21:38   #1011
BHPian

Today a foul play was attempted on me at IOC, Vijaya Bank Colony petrol pump.

My car and bike returned very low mileage consistently for quiet sometime, still I filled fuel in this pump just because it was very close to my home

Today, I had taken my car for a full tank top up. I was checking as to whether the Citibank swipe machine was in order. While I was checking, the Attendant plugged the dispensing gun into the fuel mouth of the car. I alerted him hold on!!!. By then he told me that he has already started with the dispensing, and when I saw the meter it was Rs. 380 which is close to 8 litres.

8L in 5 seconds..... Is it really possible???. I got irritated and told him that " Don't try to fool me around with all these cheap tactics which I am well aware off"

The moment you start communicating in the local language, people in this City will stop with all their smartness. You know I am a Son of this Soil .. You understood right. I am well versed with local language. The moment I started blasting these guys, they were taken aback and both the Attendants who was arguing with me was shell shocked.

One smart Attendant tried playing with sympathy stating that his salary will suffer a deduction. I am aware of all this high drama and gave him properly and came out without even paying a single rupee.

I feel pity for all those ignorant immigrants in Bangalore who end up paying in such places just because they have no support from anyone around.

Before entering the Pump, the distance to go was 104 Kms and it never increased by even a single km after I left the pump.

Later I filled diesel at IOC COCO BTM. People please beware of this unscrupulous guys.
rki2007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 18:16   #1012
Senior - BHPian

A rare slip up at the Shell pump on Mysore road was noticed today morning when I went to fill my Baleno.

I asked for a tankfull and the attendant after resetting the pump to zero started to auto fill. The usual chat of why not V shell, free water top up topic started and after sometime we found the auto cut off of the pump was not working and the fuel spilled over onto the floor. Immediately the attendant switched off the nozzle and called the in charge. He came and inspected and profusely apologised for the slip up.

He asked me to move the car immediately and asked the housekeeper to clean up the area as it was a disaster in waiting. He then asked the attendant to waive off 86 INR from the 1786INR bill.

Years ago I had a similar incident in the Cauvery bunk in Lalbagh west gate and I had to literally fight with the attendant and the in charge to waive the amount of spillage. I liked the way the in charge attended to the situation. He asked the attendant to shut the pump and let the test be carried out before someone else lands in a similar fate.
unk9ja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 20:20   #1013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
...we found the auto cut off of the pump was not working and the fuel spilled over onto the floor. Immediately the attendant switched off the nozzle and called the in charge. He came and inspected and profusely apologised for the slip up...
Interesting! We were witness to the same sequence of events at Shell Bommanahalli last week. Instead of a petrol filler nozzle it was diesel, and a taxi Indica Vista in place of your Baleno. The attendant shut down the pump with the kill switch and two others quickly started cleaning up. I hope these are only isolated incidents and not something seriously wrong with their equipment.
Old 17th August 2015, 19:09   #1014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
I hope these are only isolated incidents and not something seriously wrong with their equipment.
Last heard from the attendant to the cashier when I was paying that the pump had undergone preventive maintenance the previous day and the spring on the nozzle was replaced on other 3 while the Unleaded was left alone. May be this issue can be attributed to this reason.
Old 21st September 2015, 18:26   #1015
Senior - BHPian

I have been a fan of Shell V-Power ever since I tried it first few months ago and have been filling it in my car on a monthly basis.

The regular bunk I fill is in Lingrajapuram called Anish Enterprise. Last month I had to fill from a different Shell bunk which was located on Old Madras road, which is when I realized I might be been sold normal fuel saying it is V power

I have been filling the normal fuel from the same bunk since a year now and moved to V power few months ago. The first two fills I am sure was V Power since the difference can be easily felt. The third fill I am doubtful and the fourth fill was from a different Shell bunk and I could feel the change immediately again. So I can rule out the thought that I got used to that smooth feel.
The last fill was again back to the first bunk and was before a highway drive which could easily show the difference, but felt otherwise which made me feel sure now that it is not V power.

Is there a way I could bring this to the notice of Shell?

The price difference is a bit and selling the same fuel saying it is premium is in simple words - cheating

Last edited by tharian : 21st September 2015 at 18:42.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 18:43   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Is there a way I could bring this to the notice of Shell?
You can raise a complaint on their web site.
I have done it once and their response was immediate.
Old 8th December 2015, 21:53   #1017
BHPian

Can anyone please suggest any trusted fuel bunks around Banaswadi ? Thanks in Advance.

Also slightly off-topic query , Is Shell Diesel good for Indian Cars ? I have a Mahindra XUV. I have heard mixed responses so far
Old 9th December 2015, 09:52   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadknight5 View Post
Also slightly off-topic query , Is Shell Diesel good for Indian Cars ? I have a Mahindra XUV. I have heard mixed responses so far
I fill up shell diesel for my Innova. Found no problem so far. If anything, I find the acceleration smoother during highway runs.
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 20:20   #1019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
I fill up shell diesel for my Innova. Found no problem so far. If anything, I find the acceleration smoother during highway runs.
I second. I get the best mileage in my Ertiga when I fill from She'll.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 21:10   #1020
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Shell is a safe bet. But try different brands (2-3 fills for each brand in succession and check which one works for you.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks