Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2018, 10:47   #676
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Madhus has a Texa Konfort 710R which is an Italian brand for A/C recharging.
Thank you, for sharing Vid. I had seen this equipment the last time i went there for WA/WB but was told that it was not operational yet. Am glad they have started this service and I'll head there in the next few weeks to complete this service on both my vehicles.
gpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 08:03   #677
Senior - BHPian

There aren't many sporty designs in thin profile 3.00X17 tyres which I was looking for - my very old Discover125 bike (15 years old and still starts with first kick ). Thanks to Madhus for sourcing a rare to find (Now discontinued I think) Michelin PilotSporty TT. Got a great price on them too! Planning a Zapper TT for the front 2.75X17, next.
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_7898.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 11:03   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

2nd time good experience at Madhus

The front right tyre (Alnac 4G) was bursted in my Baleno. There was tear in tyre bed. I did not want to take any risk fixing that tyre with hot patch and tube. Getting new tyre is the only option. I did not want to get another new Alnac 4G. I decided to change 2 tyres, Yokohama Earth 1. I discussed the same with Nikhil and he adviced me to go with Yokohama BluEarth. They are one segment higher than Earth 1 and competes with Michelin P3ST, Continental MC5 etc. There was not much difference in pricing between Earth 1 and BluEarth. The choice is obvious .

I was in Mysore yesterday. I checked with Nikhil if I could get the tyres changed yesterday itself as I would reach their store just before their closing time. He was very helpful. I was the last customer and I think almost everyone there worked on my car.
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20180316_192023.jpg
Wheel Alignment, Road force balancing and 2 new tyres were installed in less than 30 minutes. I was very impressed with their work. It was raining badly too. 2 new tyres are put at rear. There is appreciable difference in comfort levels. I will change the front tyres also soon, only then I would be able to fully appreciate new Yokohama BluEarth tyres.
Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th May 2018, 14:00   #679
BHPian

How much does this workshop charge for wheel alignment and balancing?
Old 6th May 2018, 14:36   #680
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I was in Mysore yesterday. I checked with Nikhil if I could get the tyres changed yesterday itself as I would reach their store just before their closing time.
Mysore store is not under the same management, although related. Quoting Nikhil's earlier post -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
The Mysore stores are run by my uncles and while we share the common name, the ownership, management, everything is different.
Old 6th May 2018, 14:59   #681
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Mysore store is not under the same management, although related. Quoting Nikhil's earlier post -
Yes, I know that. This thread is about Madhus Bangalore. I was in Mysore that time and made it to Madhus Bangalore just before their closing time . The service was very good .

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 6th May 2018 at 15:00.
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2018, 15:15   #682
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was in Mysore that time and made it to Madhus Bangalore
I shouldn't have underestimated.

Also have never seen Madhus so empty - couldn't recognize the place!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2018, 15:21   #683
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I shouldn't have underestimated.
Haha!!

Quote:
Also have never seen Madhus so empty - couldn't recognize the place!
As mentioned in my initial post, I was their last customer of that particular day .
Old 7th May 2018, 15:46   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I know that. This thread is about Madhus Bangalore. I was in Mysore that time and made it to Madhus Bangalore just before their closing time . The service was very good .
I thought you could do this only on your 1.6. Keep us posted on the new tyres !
Old 7th May 2018, 15:53   #685
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
I thought you could do this only on your 1.6 !

Quote:
Keep us posted on the new tyres !
Please check this post here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post4374059

I am very satisfied with Yokohama BluEarth tyres. Need to change even the front tyres to the same in Baleno. I would be getting them in S-Cross too after couple of months.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 21:04   #686
BHPian

Hello All!
Posting my experience of Michelin tyres that I had installed on my Honda Amaze (Petrol) last November at Madhus.
From installation I have ran them around 5k Km & I had satisfactory performance experience till today.
Recently I traveled to Pune. Post running a local errand I found my rear left flat. I took it to a tyre dealer shop for getting repaired. I was shocked to see two punctures which were on the side wall. The technician there suggested to install a tube inside as he claimed that the puncture repair will not be stable. Anyway I told him to repair it.
Also I have observed one thing, as of now temperature in Pune is hovering around 40 degree centigrade. Whenever am driving after 11 am, even a slight braking at 40kmph results in the tyres make squealing noise!
I am perplexed & fear that I will have to procure a new tyre as my stepney is from the old set.

Posting picture of the repair.
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1526052654.099367.jpg
Old 21st May 2018, 09:30   #687
Distinguished - BHPian

Had another pleasant experience at Madhus today, and cant thank them enough for this one. My Ninja 300 had a slight wobble between 60-70kmph issue from day one of purchase. Initially I thought it was something to do with the tyres, and anyway upgraded them. However the issue still persisted. The Kawasaki service center tried everything to fix this issue, which they did put efforts. Some other bikes had a rusted cone set bearing which was not very severe in my case. Yet they replaced the cone set under warranty. While this only reduced the problem, it was still somehow cropping up every time I used to repeatedly cross the 60-70 region. During the time I installed the tyres, Madhus had not yet installed the balancing machine for bikes. After the installation was done, I was of the opinion that this was not a balancing issue since many other bikes had it and the ASC too shared the same feeling.

Even after replacement of the parts related to cone set, it was not fixed completely, maybe reduced a bit since they adjust the stiffness and this will reduce the oscillations. Finally, I decided to check in case the rim or tyre had run out and the ASC did not have any equipment for the same. After service, I headed straight to Madhus.

The tyre did have a balance issue and the machine does dynamic balancing, ie even compensating for the lateral imbalance. Hence, the weight was placed on the left side of the rim. The rear wheel too did have balancing issue, and this again took 25gms of weight. I then went on the double road flyover to check if this had worked, and it did. The wobble issue was gone. Tried riding in the usual 60-70kmph range when the handlebar used to oscillate and it did not do so any longer.

Firstly, thanks to Nikhil for having this machine at the shop, since AFAIK his is the only place around who has a balancing machine for bikes. There would not be many customers for the same, but it is immensely helpful when needed. Though I pay a bomb to Kawasaki for service, they cant maintain a balancing machine. They outsource tyre changes as well, but again to a place which wont balance the tyres. Maybe for the majority, this has not caused issues, but my bike needed it.

And second, their staff cant get nicer. They arent these know-it-all types and do some research if they are unsure of things. With my bike, the front had to be jacked up and they verified with me if they could jack up using the exhaust manifold. Even I was unsure and I immediately called up Bhanu at the ASC and he confirmed that it could be done. They ensured that the removal and installation of wheel is done as carefully as possible. It is a time consuming job, and took close to an hour and so. The total cost came up to 1k. Got back to the service center, explained the whole thing to them and got the wheel nut torque checked and finally the problem is solved.

Last edited by audioholic : 21st May 2018 at 09:32.
audioholic is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th May 2018, 19:31   #688
Senior - BHPian

Had a great expereince at Madhus today.

The Conti MC5s on my Punto had worn out after 53K km. Was happy wih the Contis and decided to buy them again. I'd also purchased a TPMS from aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sola...ceBeautifyAB=0 and decided to get it fitted with the tyre change. I got the model with the internal sensors .

Visited Madhus and got the TPMS sensors fitted in the new tyres. During balancing , there was an abnormal amount of weight - almost 200gm for one of the wheels - that had to applied . The TPMS sensor fitted at the valve was causing this . The staff refitted the tyres and balanced the wheels all over again and finally the weights came down to about 50 gm per wheel.

Nikhil and his staff spent a lot of time and effort to get the TPMS fitted and the balancing job done properly. Got a very good price on the new tyres as well. Very happy with the experience I had today at Madhus .

Last edited by sdp1975 : 26th May 2018 at 19:35.
sdp1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 10:23   #689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Had a great expereince at Madhus today.
I was delighted customer today at Madhu's. Had sent a PM to Nikhil on Friday evening stating that I would Visit the shop for wheel balancing for my fortuner.

Nikhil had informed his staff about my visit and they were indeed waiting for me. When I visited, they immediately attended my requests and checked the tires.

I was adviced to change the tires since the car had run 43K and tires were hard. So, decided to change the tires to Michelin LTX force as I had done earlier R&D and was already sold to Michelin

While the staff were in the process of changing the tires, Nikhil arrived and was so open and transparent to talk to me about his background, parents, Teachers, etc

Came to know that I am his senior in College. Both of us studied in the same engineering college, but he studied 8-9 years later than me

The work done is so professional as usual. I told the staff that I usually use fortuner only for long drives and hence, need slightly more time(Till 30th Jun) to see if there are any issues with the tires/balancing and alignment. Although it is only 15 days forfree checkup, the staff is so kind that they said, I can go back to them before 30th Jun and they would help me ! !

Thank you very much Nikhil and your staffs for their kindness and support during my visit. Would love to meet you again during my next visit for my another car/ Bike.

Edit: Also, had a chance to meet SDP 1975 during my visit. Very nice meeting you SDP 1975.

Last edited by gkveda : 28th May 2018 at 10:25.
gkveda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 15:23   #690
BHPian

Need to get my Fusion's tyres balanced and wheels aligned before I drive to Mangalore tomorrow.

Have been going to Tyre Empire in Whitefield for almost nine years now (based on a recommendation) as an annual pilgrimage (immediately after servicing at Metro Ford Lingarajpuram, and not letting them touch alignment and balancing) and was decently pleased with their service and seeing their equipment upgraded at a regular basis.

But that place is some 25 km from my place in Fraser Town and after making an unsuccessful attempt at reaching there in time (they were not willing to accept the car at 19:30 hrs) battling crazy traffic yesterday, I decided the effort is not worth it.

Hence want to give Madhu a try.

This is what I would normally do at Tyre Empire:
  1. Alignment
  2. Dynamic Balancing
  3. Wheel rotation based on wheel force / pull reading on the Hunter machine they use. Plus now I have unidirectional Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3s so...
  4. Tyre unmounting from the rim and realignment to balance heavy spots on rim and tyre.
  5. Nitrogen filling

Besides that, I need to check a tyre that has a slow puncture / leak in one wheel that is tending to lose pressure slightly faster than the rest (over a month or so).

I hope I can do all of that at Madhu's if I reach there at around 6:00 p.m.

Have booked an appointment online on their website. Hope it holds good when I reach there.

Last edited by Glifford : 14th June 2018 at 15:24. Reason: missed the 'm' in the word them!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks