Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2016, 15:53   #601
BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

^^ Last Wednesday I too faced issues with the Left Road Force machine(the one on which there is a wheel lift assist available). Spindle encoder errors repeatedly came and staff switched to the right side machine. Printer is attached to both machines.

Last edited by Twiny : 8th July 2016 at 15:54.
Twiny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 14:37   #602
BHPian

Went to Madhus yesterday for changing tyres of my Etios (48K kms run). Chose Yokohama Earth1 185/60/R15 as the new set. Overall happy with the service provided.

After tyre change, steering feels a bit lighter than earlier.
motorsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 11:49   #603
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Visited Madhus recently for the Dzire's Wheel alignment, Balancing and Rotation.
It was a weekday but did take an appointment on phone. Heavy traffic during school hours ensured I reached 20 minutes late and there were lots of vehicles.

Had the alignment work completed first, then the balancing and rotation. Also found a tiny nail in one of the tyres that was causing an air leak so had the puncture fixed as well. Despite the crowd, the work was done very well by the experienced staff

Bumped into Nikhil who was busy with some meetings but we managed to catch up with a quick 5 minute chat
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 13:07   #604
Distinguished - BHPian

Quick in and out at Madhu's. Excellent service and with a smile. :-)

Paisa vasool EVEN after you factor in the terrible traffic due to ongoing flyover renovation.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 13:15   #605
Senior - BHPian

I dropped in at Madhus yesterday for a routine alignment check. The car was pulling slightly to the left and it was corrected. Its always nice to see all values in green

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20160921_221640.jpg

Kudos to the team for an effortless experience!
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 19:29   #606
BHPian

Nikhil, by any chance are you guys open tomorrow?
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 09:55   #607
BHPian

My XUV500 crossed 12000 kms. Wheels were supposed to be balanced and aligned at 10,000 kms, but since I crossed that mark in the middle of a roadtrip, I decided to get it done upon my return to Bangalore.

Decided to try Madhu's basis this thread. Went there on Saturday (5th Nov). Reached there at 3.00 pm and was out by 4.30 pm. Given the rush, and the fact that I went there without appointment, quite happy with the turn around time.

Staff was courteous, and took pains to explain what they were doing. Interestingly , the roadforce machine threw an error for one of the tires. Apparently it was not properly fixed to the rim! The tire pressure in 2-3 of the wheels was in excess by 3 psi. Not sure if it was machine @ petrol pump (Shell JP Nagar), or due to the fact that I had driven 8- 10 kms in the afternoon to get to Madhus.

Since my main wheels were alloys, and spare was a steel wheel, went in for the 4 wheel rotation. While the user manual says that the front wheels have to be moved to the rear in a crossed fashion- i.e. front left tire to be placed on rear right, the machine recommended a straight swap- i.e. front left tire to be placed on rear left. The staff member proceeded as per the machine's recommendation. I hope that it is fine to override the user manual.

I was apprehensive that the TPMS would have to undergo re-learning, and was not sure if the staff knew how to do that- cant blame them though, with so many different car models that they have to deal with. They did tell me that as per their experience, nothing would have to be done for the TPMS and so far, the TPMS on my car seems to be behaving well.

All in all, it was a nice experience and am inclined to continue with them for the foreseeable future.
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 10:35   #608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
I was apprehensive that the TPMS would have to undergo re-learning, and was not sure if the staff knew how to do that- cant blame them though, with so many different car models that they have to deal with. They did tell me that as per their experience, nothing would have to be done for the TPMS and so far, the TPMS on my car seems to be behaving well.
Hi Ajay, it is required to do the relearning for the TPMS. After rotation, even though the TPMS does not pop up any notification for you it still needs relearning. Now your rear left will still be considered as front left in the TPMS, in case if you have low pressure on rear left then the TPMS would show you as Front left. I have faced this issue after rotation.

I would recommend to do the TPMS learning
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 10:48   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I would recommend to do the TPMS learning
Thanks Sunay, wondering what would be the best way to do it. Even thought I have a portable air inflation machine, doing it for 4 tyres would be painful. Perhaps go to a petrol pump when it is not crowded, or a local wheel alignment center (again when it is not crowded).

Cheers
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 11:15   #610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Thanks Sunay, wondering what would be the best way to do it. Even thought I have a portable air inflation machine, doing it for 4 tyres would be painful. Perhaps go to a petrol pump when it is not crowded, or a local wheel alignment center (again when it is not crowded).

Cheers
I did it at Madhu's last time when I had been for alignment. I told him I have to do that and he was very cooperative, he himself deflated the tyres till the learning was done and you will have to do it for all 5 tyres. I fill Nitrogen and I was not charged except for the normal filling charges.

Best way is, you do the learning and top up at a nearby filling station. There would be a drop of 4-5psi to the max, which will not be a problem to drive after the learning is done.
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 16:34   #611
Senior - BHPian

My friend's 2 month old I20 had developed a puncture when he travelled to Nippani recently. Took the car to Madhu's for mushroom puncture. Since it was lunchtime, we were told to come back at 1530. My friend took it later in the evening and got the puncture fixed. He also complained about the car pulling to right and got the alignment checked and corrected. Looks like an underbelly hit on the rural roads due to which the alignment got disturbed. As usual, it was fuss free and great experience. My friend is relieved now.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 17:13   #612
BHPian

Visited Madhus at their Langford town outlet last Friday. Earlier in the week, had called them to ask for a Saturday appointment; the gentleman on the phone refused appointments and said its first come first serve due to the weekend rush. Not wanting to depend on my luck over the weekend, took a quick break from work and dashed over on Friday around 1PM.
Even at those presumably odd hours, the place was packed with vehicles in for different reasons.
Alignment and balancing were professionally completed within 45 mins; along with fixing a puncture.
During balancing, the technician indicated that Road Force balancer wont work on 3 of my tyres since they were relatively more worn out. He seemed honest in his advice, and said he would do it only for the remaining 2 tyres which are in better shape. He also indicated I should go for new tyres in another 5K KMs.
Though there are prominent boards that customers should not tip the technicians, I saw satisfied customers tipping the men at work.
Overall returned as a happy customer, with sure shot visits planned for future tyre needs. Would be visiting for replacing a tyre on my 2-wheeler very soon.
Shubbi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 12:22   #613
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Visited Madhus for the Waggy®'s 5000Km work - Alignment, Balancing and Rotation.

Morning weekday traffic was manageable and reached around 9:30am which was perfect!

The work was completed in about 30 minutes without any waiting, surprisingly Waggy® was the first and only car this morning till 10am , maybe lesser footfalls due to the upcoming festival tomorrow.

As usual work was done quickly and perfectly.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 17:17   #614
Senior - BHPian

Visited Madhus for a casual alignment and balancing today. The car had seen lot of abuse over the weekend on the Shiradi ghats. As usual, job was done in a jiffy and I was out of the shop within 45 minutes although there wee around 7 cars.

The Roadforce machine which some of the members here had complained about not giving out the readings has been replaced with a new one about a fortnight with much advanced version. This automatically takes the width into consideration and also starts the roadforce measurements automatically.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 17:24   #615
Senior - BHPian

Wheel alignment was done for my Qualis at 75150 Kms (Appx Date: 25th Nov 2017)

Now the car has been driven around 300 Kms more as of today. But, I see there is a alignment problem again.

So, If I go back to them now(Almost 2 months), will they do re-alignment or will they ask me to get alignment done fresh again?

Edit: The problem is, even when the car goes in straight line, the steering will be tilted towards left.

Last edited by gkveda : 31st January 2017 at 17:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks