Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2017, 16:42   #646
BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

Just wanted to check if the one on JC road is the same? Am planning to go there tomorrow. Can Nikhil, or someone, confirm?
Rohan24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 17:10   #647
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
Just wanted to check if the one on JC road is the same? Am planning to go there tomorrow. Can Nikhil, or someone, confirm?
From their website, http://www.madhus.com/contactus.html

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-capture.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 17:15   #648
BHPian

Thanks a lot. How stupid of me to not check their website!
Old 10th August 2017, 22:30   #649
BHPian

I visited Madhus yesterday for tyre replacement and wheel alignment.
Initially called the JC road shop and got a cheaper quote than Langford Rd for the Michelin XM2s.

So, went there and was greeted by Mr. Rocky. Very courteous and nice person. He called up Langford Rd centre for getting the XM2s. When I told him I need to do the alignment as well, he suggested that I could go to Langford Rd for both the fitment and alignment, and he would make the bill here and charge the earlier quoted amount itself! That's like having the cake and eating it too.
He even sent a person to accompany me to the shop as I wasn't familiar with the route from there. Big thumbs up for customer care there, good sir.

Experience at Langford Rd was very positive, as is the norm. Outstanding equipment, courteous and knowledgeable staff and technicians who explain and answer every query patiently. Was able to learn a great deal about the Road-force machine and how it works.

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20170809_161511.jpg

Michelin XM2 195/60 R15
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20170809_161908.jpg

Wheel Alignment
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20170809_170132.jpg

Steering was off-center by 0.1deg. Was corrected in 2 mins. I asked him how he did it and he patiently showed me the tie rod adjustment.
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_20170809_170434.jpg

P.S : The note saying "Alignment check within 1000 kms or 15 days". Is it necessary to do alignment that frequently? I thought it was somewhere around every 3000 kms or so.
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-new-doc-20170810.jpg  

Rohan24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 07:17   #650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
P.S : The note saying "Alignment check within 1000 kms or 15 days". Is it necessary to do alignment that frequently? I thought it was somewhere around every 3000 kms or so.
If you have any issues after alignment and want to re-check the values, you can utilise the service. Done free of cost. Post that it is on a chargeable basis.
unk9ja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 15:08   #651
BHPian

Hi Nikhil,

My Nissan Terrano which has done 33,000 kilometres had its wheels balanced and tyres rotated in Bosch in April when it had around 29,500 on the odo.

However there is a slight wobbling at speeds of about 130. I had visited Madhus to get the tyres balanced again (as most probably Bosch had done a shoddy job).
After inspecting the front left tyre on the WB machine, your technician informed me that there is a tyre sealant in it (as I am the second owner of the car, the first owner must have done it), hence the WB is ineffective. He also said that in all likelihood the sealant would be in all four tyres and an ASC needs to remove them completely and then get the balancing done.

Or he suggested I just continue driving for now as in another 10 or 12 thousand kilometres it will be time to replace the tyres anyway.

I read somewhere on this forum that these sealants can damage the rims and unbalanced tyres can lead to suspension issues.

Do I need to be concerned?
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 07:48   #652
Senior - BHPian

Hi Nikhil, was expecting Bridgestone but my Nexon comes with Goodyear 215 60R16. Was surprised to see this and am trying to have it changed at dealer level.

Do I stick to stock brand and size or move to Yoko as I'm not going in for Michelin ever again. Should I upsize?
Old 3rd October 2017, 11:21   #653
BHPian

Quick Question: Will going to Madhus for just Wheel Balancing (one of the weights fell off my car tyre) & Alignment check (no issues there so far) work out cheaper than the Hyundai Service Centre?
If so, I can skip these when I get my car serviced this week and rather visit Madhus.
vidyanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 11:35   #654
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
Quick Question: Will going to Madhus for just Wheel Balancing (one of the weights fell off my car tyre) & Alignment check (no issues there so far) work out cheaper than the Hyundai Service Centre?
If so, I can skip these when I get my car serviced this week and rather visit Madhus.
Yes, at least cheaper than what Maruti charges me for the same jobs. And if the price difference is one aspect, my ASC uses the regular balancer while Madhus have Hunter Roadforce(though they charge more for it) and if you opt for the other machine it turns out to be cheaper. IIRC, Wheel alignment at MASS was 500 plus taxes, while in Tyre Professionals(part of the Madhus offering) charge me somewhere in the range of 300-350. The cost of wheel balancing also is around 30% less than what MASS charged.

You can get it done at Madhus once the service is over and get the tyres rotated and balanced as per your requirement.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 11:39   #655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wheel Alignment and balancing charges are not Cheap in service centres. Also I doubt if they are equipped with latest machines like Road force Balancing (Hunter Elite) like Madhus.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 11:54   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Yes, at least cheaper than what Maruti charges me for the same jobs. And if the price difference is one aspect, my ASC uses the regular balancer while Madhus have Hunter Roadforce(though they charge more for it) and if you opt for the other machine it turns out to be cheaper. .
How much do they charge for WA/WB/WR by using the Roadforce machine. Someone called them for doing the same on a Figo and he was told it would cost around 1200/-. I guess that was for the advanced machine.

On the contrary, I pay Rs 600 in Hyderabad.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 12:05   #657
BHPian

Quote:
As I have seen service centers won't do a good job on WA/WB and I have never known which machine they are using for this, so I generally make it a point to get it done at Madhu's every 5k+ kms and when I give it for service i tell them not to do WA/WB.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 13:33   #658
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
How much do they charge for WA/WB/WR by using the Roadforce machine. Someone called them for doing the same on a Figo and he was told it would cost around 1200/-. I guess that was for the advanced machine.

On the contrary, I pay Rs 600 in Hyderabad.
To be honest, I have not faced an occasion where I had to scan the items of the bill hence I am not sure about the cost using roadforce. However I vaguely remember the technician telling me that the regular machine costs Rs 50 per wheel and road force Rs 75, or Rs 100. My overall bill for WA/WB/WR has not crossed 1000 till date(every 10k kms) and for WA/WR it has not exceeded 400. From the day they introduced road force, I have always opted for it. I think Nikhil is the best person to clarify if it is allowed to do so here. I would be paying a visit soon to get my SX4 done but am waiting for some part to arrive. Can update on the latest costs.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 14:18   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Have you checked the suspension? Air Pressure? Steering racks? There can be many reasons for such a pull. Have you tried swapping the tyres around and checking if the pulling increases/decreases/changes direction?

Your car will not require any Sensor resetting.
Nikhil - I have an Elite i20 which has the rotation sensor. Does the rotation sensor need to be reset after doing wheel alignment at your place or if there is not much of alignment done, can I leave it like that. Reason I am asking if it has to be done, the the only choice is doing at the HASS. Would prefer doing it Madhu's but since you cannot do the rotation sensor calibration would have not choice but to do it at HASS.

Could you please help and clarify?
Old 4th October 2017, 13:34   #660
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
Nikhil - I have an Elite i20 which has the rotation sensor. Does the rotation sensor need to be reset after doing wheel alignment at your place or if there is not much of alignment done, can I leave it like that. Reason I am asking if it has to be done, the the only choice is doing at the HASS. Would prefer doing it Madhu's but since you cannot do the rotation sensor calibration would have not choice but to do it at HASS.

Could you please help and clarify?
Not necessary. It needs to be reset only if the adjustment done is major.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks