Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2015, 16:36   #571
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

First visit to Madhus. Had tried a couple of places earlier (prior to which I had been doing alignment and balancing as part of regular service), although I did not face any issue, was not sure if things have been done as it should be.

Had been following this thread for sometime and had decided to go to Madhus when the next alignment check was due.

Booked and appointment yesterday and was there today morning at 9.30 am. Although they had just opened, there were already 2-3 cars being worked upon.

Was in and out in around an hour including the waiting. Alignment was done quickly, small wait for the balancing. A person explained to me what the Road Force Balancing was all about and went ahead with that.

Overall was impressed with the efficiency and competency of the staff, worked smoothly together and no confusion or unnecessary delays.

Asked for Mr Nikhil to say a hello but he was not in yet.

Also ran into bhpian narayanang76 (bhpian identification done after seeing the sticker ) who was there for the work on his Scorpio and had be going to Madhus for 5 years. Chatted a bit and he helped explain in lay man terms some of the questions I had.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 23:32   #572
BHPian

Was trying to reach the Madhus contact number today & yesterday to check a couple of things for my Getz. The bell rings its full course and no one attends.

1. Cost of Michelin XM2 175 x 65 x R14 tyres (set of 4)
2. Do I need to book an appointment.

Was planning to visit today or tomorrow after knowing the above. Wondering if I should just drop in there - any suggestions?

Last edited by rejeen : 22nd December 2015 at 23:33.
Old 23rd December 2015, 00:40   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejeen View Post
Was trying to reach the Madhus contact number today & yesterday to check a couple of things for my Getz. The bell rings its full course and no one attends.
?
Call +919611888893. Manager: Mr Davis/ Mr M S Ravi, they will pickup immediately.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 20:48   #574
BHPian

Thank You SunnyBoi. Used the above contact number and got new shoes for my Getz. Mr. Nikhil was there and had a nice chat. Impressed with the way Nikhil handles the customers while also being hands-on with various things. Good to know about Road Force Wheel Balancing and I too recommend the same.

Overall satisfied with my first visit to Madhus 👍🏻
rejeen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2015, 07:40   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejeen View Post
Thank You SunnyBoi. Used the above contact number and got new shoes for my Getz. Mr. Nikhil was there and had a nice chat. Impressed with the way Nikhil handles the customers while also being hands-on with various things. Good to know about Road Force Wheel Balancing and I too recommend the same.

Overall satisfied with my first visit to Madhus 👍🏻
Any feedback about Tyre Professionals in Basavanagudi - is the experience (and quality of service) similar to Madhus on Langford Road?
arao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 14:37   #576
Senior - BHPian

Just got a set of new tyres for my ride at Madhus. I got there just after 10am, and was out by 11:15am after getting five new tyres, alignment, and balancing. Really good service and got a good price for the tyres as well.

I enjoyed watching the tyre changer in action - it was being used for changing tyres of an Audi Q7. No need to lift up the (very heavy) wheel, just roll it up to the machine, twiddle with a joystick, press some buttons & pedals, and the tyre can simply be lifted off!

Icing on the cake was the fact that they decided to balance my spare wheel after measuring rim runout, to compensate for the bent alloy (and hence minimise vibrations). Since I strictly use this wheel as a spare only, I did not ask for it to be done, but it goes to show the professionalism of this setup.

And the cherry on the icing was Nikhil taking my 5 year old son under the car when the alignment was being done - he really enjoyed the experience!

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 29th December 2015 at 14:38. Reason: clarity
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 16:25   #577
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
Any feedback about Tyre Professionals in Basavanagudi - is the experience (and quality of service) similar to Madhus on Langford Road?
There is a separate thread on tyre professionals http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html

I have been a regular there and I have never come out unsatisified. Note that I dont speak about being a member here and trying to get extra attention. My dad has been going there from a long time, from the days they were located near Bangalore Hospital. Friendly staff and professional as the name goes. Usually if the place is crowded you will have to wait the job is never hushed up.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 22:45   #578
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
Everything is the same
And TP is open on Sunday';s too !
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 15:53   #579
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday evening when I was around MG Road, I suspected my front left tyre had a puncture since the air level looked too low.

Called up Nikhil, confirmed that Madhus would be open at 6.45. Reached there around that time and thankfully it was a false alarm.

Since I'm here anyway, got alignment and balancing done. I was the last guy to get his car done before they shut shop for the day. Everything done in half an hour and I was headed home.

Some pictures clicked when I was there :

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-opsqcpj.jpg

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-sqsquzf.jpg

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-7xk3qwy.jpg
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 16:59   #580
BHPian

Had been to Madhus Enterprises on 22nd Jan and must say that I had a good experience with them.

I had changed the tires on my Corolla to Earth-1 which had completed 5k Kms and thought of getting WA / WB and immediately came to mind the threads I had read here and decided to try with Madhus Enterprises.

I called up them in the morning (it was Friday and I was on leave for some work) and confirmed the timing at 4.30 for the evening.

I was late and went in at 5.15 PM and spoke with the staff and they were on the job within 5 mins. Krishnappa was the person doing the WA / WB for my car and was quite happy with the way he took on the work professionally and without any hurry. I checked for Nikhil and was told that he was out of town, so missed to have a chat with him.

Staff were very courteous and explained me whatever small things I was asking them, right from what is WB / WA and difference between them etc etc. Overall very happy with them and I recommend.

By the way I was sent out in exactly an hour of my entry time.

Regards,
KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 18:10   #581
ZMG
BHPian

Had my first visit to Madhus today.
And I came out very impressed! Really happy with the work done. Hopefully the car drives well now.
Prior to this, I had always got wheel balancing & alignment done at the service center.
Thought of meeting Nikhil, but he was not there.
Got to speak with him over the phone. He was courteous and professional.

I have two queries though,
The road force report displayed a force of 20 N after service (Down from 50N, before service). Is it normal? Or is it bad?

Secondly, there was a small puncture, and the attender suggested patching it up. Now this tire has had 3 punctures. Does this affect the health of the tire?

Thanks,
ZMG

Last edited by ZMG : 18th February 2016 at 18:11.
ZMG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 20:20   #582
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
Had my first visit to Madhus today.
And I came out very impressed! Really happy with the work done. Hopefully the car drives well now.
Prior to this, I had always got wheel balancing & alignment done at the service center.
Thought of meeting Nikhil, but he was not there.
Got to speak with him over the phone. He was courteous and professional.

I have two queries though,
The road force report displayed a force of 20 N after service (Down from 50N, before service). Is it normal? Or is it bad?

Secondly, there was a small puncture, and the attender suggested patching it up. Now this tire has had 3 punctures. Does this affect the health of the tire?

Thanks,
ZMG
For the Tyre pull force, 20N is quite small. There is no such good or bad. Anything you feel while driving is bad and anything you dont feel is good!

3 punctures on a tyre is a bit high but unless they are all at the same spot or one of them is on the sidewall, it isnt a concern.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 14:40   #583
BHPian

Had a bad experience with Madhus in Mysore ( Jayalakshmi puram).

Got my wheels aligned and balanced 3 weeks back! All was well, job done in 30 mins and I was good to go. On my way back to Blore noticed that the steering had strong vibrations post 120kmph, visited them the following week.

SA looks at it assigns a guy and he checks the balancing again alignment issues were ruled out as I dint feel any untoward pulling towards one direction. Balancing was off in about 2 wheels and they were re calibrated and new weights added. Checks the air pressure on the front wheels and finds that one tyre had 36 and other 30. So here comes the shocker . After the air pressure is set on all tyres this guy goes on to take the car out, I am assuming he is parking it outside the facility, in a minute by the time I look at where the car is going he jumped the signal and took it on the hunsur road (Localites will be familiar how unsafe it is to do speed runs on this strech) . In total awe and shock of what just happened i hunt for the SA and ask him what is going on and who authorized a test drive? He is shocked says we normally do not take it out.
I am profusely sweating by now he has been gone 15 mins and he finally arrives. Gets out of the car and with a sense of pride and declares, Sir! Now there is no vibration upto 120 kmph !! Absolutely taken aback by his sense of pride for putting himself the car and some random road user at risk! Gave him a piece of my mind and left.

Now was the issue sorted? Nope.. Now the vibrations were creeping in at 130+ kmph. Having promised my self never to go back to Madhu's. Went to MRF and I must say the job was done very professionally and meticulously. The air pressure set at Madhus was at 24 on all tyres against 32 which was seen in their faulty meters. MRF took a good 1:15 hrs to do the job.

Not sure if I am a victim of a one off case but i am never heading back to Madhus. Btw, Mrf charges double of what Madhus does for Alignment and Balancing..and Yes, the issue is now sorted.!

Last edited by Starscream1188 : 11th April 2016 at 14:43.
Old 11th April 2016, 14:51   #584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream1188 View Post
Had a bad experience with Madhus in Mysore ( Jayalakshmi puram).
Is it even the same Madhu's ?
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 14:58   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Is it even the same Madhu's ?
Yes Condor.. Very Much the same..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks