Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2014, 19:42   #466
BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pach View Post
Went there for wheel balancing and alignment on 17th Dec. While wheel balancing I was advised to change the tires, accordingly I bought 2 tires as other 2 tires were good for another 10-15k kms. Service was good and quick.

I later found that the (new)tires fitted were 2 years old :(.
Can you please share how to find the age of the tires? Is there a serial number or something for each Brand with which one can check in a database and find the age? Thanks.

Cheers
Old 3rd January 2014, 20:00   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
Can you please share how to find the age of the tires? Is there a serial number or something for each Brand with which one can check in a database and find the age? Thanks.

Cheers
The Week number and Year of manufacture will be on every tyre. Look out for a 4 digit number, it will be of the format XXYY where XX = week number and YY = year. This is consistent for all tyres sold in India.
SunnyBoi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 20:26   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post

Cheers
As mentioned by SunnyBoi, it is present on all the tyres. It is mentioned in a small rectange box. for example : 0512 means, 5th week of 2012 (early Feb 2012)
pach is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 18:44   #469
BHPian

Went to Madhus to get four new tyres for my esteem. Madhus was the obvious choice given the good experiences with them in the past.

The whole experience was a good as ever but online sellers seem to have the upper hand when it comes to pricing.
Old 16th January 2014, 20:02   #470
Senior - BHPian

Went to Madhu's to get my alignment, balancing and rotation done, as I suspected there was a bend in one of the front wheels. The road force machine does a really good job, the left pulling is gone and the whole thing turned out better than the manual thing back in Kerala.

The team-bhp recognition felt good, will definitely be going back.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 11:08   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
I frequently visit Tyre professionals on Kanakpura road in Basavanagudi.
Thanks for informing about this place. Though I had traveled on this road many times I had failed to notice this shop.

Had been there last Friday to get wheel balancing and alignment done but since there were more cars waiting in the queue had to come back. How much do they charge for both balance and alignment? Also, did you fix an appointment before going there?
Old 17th January 2014, 11:40   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post

Thanks for informing about this place. Though I had traveled on this road many times I had failed to notice this shop.

Had been there last Friday to get wheel balancing and alignment done but since there were more cars waiting in the queue had to come back. How much do they charge for both balance and alignment? Also, did you fix an appointment before going there?
Yes you need to speak to them before taking the vehicle. You will normally see a big q whenever you go and have to wait considerably as they have only one bay. Alternatively you can go to Langford town where there are multiple bays.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 23:03   #473
Distinguished - BHPian

Went to Madhus on Saturday morning. Shop opens at 09.00 AM, had thought of reaching there during opening time after morning Cubbon park jog. However reached around 09.25 to find around 4 cars already in queue.

Visit was to get mushroom puncture done. Since it was already 8K Kms since previous alignment thought of getting balancing and alignment also done. As usual a good experience. Met Nikhil too, who explained working of Hunter balancing equipment.

Mushroom puncture is charged Rs. 250. Got a TBHP discount on other work.

Work done got out around 10.15 AM.
Old 22nd January 2014, 22:25   #474
Senior - BHPian

Hi Nikhil, Dad's getting a brand new Hyundai Eon Delite, running on Godyear
a. Is there an up-size for the 145/80 R12. Besides Michelin & Yoko, are Conti and Pirelli an option? Main consideration being comfort.

b. Will moving to 13 inch void suspension warranty? If not, is there an option to trade in the rims/tyres at Madhus? Please advice on how to go about this (No space to keep old rims at home). Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Sebring : 22nd January 2014 at 22:41. Reason: forgot a detail
Old 23rd January 2014, 10:59   #475
BHPian

Visited Madhus and here is the feedback

Date of visit : 18-Jan
Time of visit : 12:30pm
Prior booking done : Yes
Purpose of visit : Road Force balancing and alignment

Recently had done my car's suspension and the folks at the HASS probably didn't get the Alignment right and wasn't satisfied. Headed straight to Madhu's who did fix everything but also suggested to watch out for changes as the suspension components settle in

It was a very busy day but I was still out by 1:40pm

A very happy customer

Cheers

-Sateesh

Last edited by csateesh : 23rd January 2014 at 11:18.
Old 28th January 2014, 16:34   #476
BHPian

Just finished My cars wheel alignment and Balancing at Madhu's. Taken an appointment at 3:30 PM Tuesday(28 Jan 2014) but went there 15 mins early .. Immediately attended for work done with good explanation within 30 minutes..

Very happy with the service I received at Madhu's.. Thanks a lot Nikhil for managing this place so well..
Old 29th January 2014, 22:18   #477
BHPian

Balancing work done in just 20 mins and I was out within 20 mins.
As usual had a very good experience and their staff are very well trained.

Thanks Nikhil and also for T-Bhp Discount, me without even asking for discount at first place. I guess the staff guy saw the sticker on my car.

A happy and satisfied customer at EOD
Old 1st February 2014, 11:42   #478
Senior - BHPian

Nikhil, I got the WA and WB done this week at Madhus and I noticed a circular mark on my alloys today around the bolts while washing my car. This is the FL wheel, but these marks are there on all four alloys.

I wash my car regularly and these marks were not their previously. Could these have happened while tightening the wheels on the balancing machine ? I can't think of anything else that could have contributed to this. I did get my rear shocks changed at the FIAT asc just before I took it to Madhus, but they would've only removed the rear wheels, they didn't do any WA or WB.

BHP-ians, do I need to get my alloys polished to get these removed ? There's a A1 alloy repair in Jayanagar .Suggestions are welcome.

I must add that Madhus has been excellent in my 4 years that I've been visiting them.
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)-img_0332.jpg  

Last edited by sdp1975 : 1st February 2014 at 11:47.
Old 3rd February 2014, 13:20   #479
Senior - BHPian

Is Madhu's Langford road closed on Sundays now?
I remember going there a couple of times on Sunday mornings since the customers are less, was closed yesterday though.
Old 3rd February 2014, 13:35   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Is Madhu's Langford road closed on Sundays now?
I remember going there a couple of times on Sunday mornings since the customers are less, was closed yesterday though.
Madhu's Langford road is closed on Sundays.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks