Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2021, 11:09   #5596
BHPian

Re: The Bicycles thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
In the Cyclops FB group one person is collecting names for bulk purchase. (and he isnt from Decathlon). He says stocks will be available this week. Price is 40K. I'd paid 35K a year back.

Ah okay, lets hope so it does come up in stock soonish, cause the reply which I got from Decathlon Twitter a few days back is that the RC120/500 will be in stock by August

Quote:
Hello Sid, thank you for reaching out! Unfortunately, the estimated replenishment date has pushed forward due to the current situation. The bike's stock (Size L) is expected to be back by the early weeks of August. We are extremely sorry for this frustrating experience, (1/2)

however, our teams are trying tirelessly to procure the stock, but is inevitably delayed to certain circumstances. (2/2)
Old 16th May 2021, 12:09   #5597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R View Post

Bless you and your contact !!!!!! Thanks a ton.
Its become pretty much a habit to check their website every couple of hours. Hope so the stock comes up tomorrow

Btw any chance you can check with your contact about the possibility of the RC500 coming in stock ?
The bike is available now on website and app. All the best
Attached Thumbnails
The Bicycles thread-e3aad2f59e834be0bdd681cccd1ad9a4.png  

Last edited by drive_angry : 16th May 2021 at 12:11.
drive_angry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 12:16   #5598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
The bike is available now on website and app. All the best
Yesssssss, just saw that !

Kudos to you and your contact. Already placed the order

Btw could you please check with him/her about the possibility of RC500 coming in stock anytime soon ?
AnniHilat0R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 13:19   #5599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post

I personally feel that Lapierre is a better brand compared to Polygon and more Value For Money if taken at right price. But I want expert opinion from you guys. What to choose and why. And if the given rates are ok.
Lapierre is a better option of the models in list. Only negative is the tiagra groupset, which is pretty uncommon in India. If you get a good deal on it, go for it.
Old 17th May 2021, 09:58   #5600
BHPian

BSA - SLR was a Cycle which was cherished by many in the time-frame of 1980-2000.

This was a dream cycle of every child and teenager. And, was a rage when it was launched that time.
We met Mr. Stanley Santiago the owner of the cycle and inquired about his experience with the BSA SLR - 2001 Model.

In this Video we discussed about various aspects of his ownership journey of 2 decades.
Topics included:
1. Selection Criteria for this cycle
2. Performance over 2 decades
3. Likes & Dis-Likes
4. Maintenance Costs
5. Other aspects

You guys enjoy the Video!
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 11:57   #5601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
BSA - SLR was a Cycle which was cherished by many in the time-frame of 1980-2000.

This was a dream cycle of every child and teenager. And, was a rage when it was launched that time.
We met Mr. Stanley Santiago the owner of the cycle and inquired about his experience with the BSA SLR - 2001 Model.

You guys enjoy the Video!
Nice one. But the frame quality and finish has gone down significantly from the 80s.

The three bands used to be in silver chrome. As was the front mudguard ornament.

The chain cover was a beautiful full cover in that glorious maroon color

The levers were Chrome metal and not this ugly black plastic coated.

And the thin hubs, rims, quill stem and handlebar chrome used to remain pristine for years, regardless of rain, with not a spot of rust.

Sadly, it came in only one size and was too small for tall guys. Lovely bike.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 17th May 2021 at 12:04.
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 12:37   #5602
Senior - BHPian

I went to my best friends house at Palava City over the weekend and used his cycle for a couple of kilometers and absolutely enjoyed the exercise.

Now I want to get one of my own. Which one would you guys recommend?

It needs to be geared yes, for the slopes and start-stops that might happen. I will cycle around 10 kilometers around Ghatkopar everyday. I need a mobile and bottle holder as basics. Nothing too expensive for now as I am just getting into this game again after my childhood.

I am 5 feet 7 inches and my weight is 68 kgs.
Old 17th May 2021, 12:49   #5603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Nice one. But the frame quality and finish has gone down significantly from the 80s.
Yes, True.

Quote:
The three bands used to be in silver chrome. As was the front mudguard ornament.
In the cycle we reviewed, they were White in Color.

Quote:
The chain cover was a beautiful full cover in that glorious maroon color
Yes, it was awesome looking. But, i beleive it was a pain when the chain slipped from rear / front teeth. Then, the whole thing was supposed to be opened, correct ?

Quote:
The levers were Chrome metal and not this ugly black plastic coated.
Correct!!

Quote:
And the thin hubs, rims, quill stem and handlebar chrome used to remain pristine for years, regardless of rain, with not a spot of rust.
Quality degraded over time, I have a BSA SLR Photon EX with me, i can sense the quality has gone down significantly. One e.g. the seat post metal it got bent when we were tightening the seat bolt. And, had to be changed.

Quote:
Sadly, it came in only one size and was too small for tall guys. Lovely bike.

Cheers, Doc
Yep, absolutely lovely bike for sure!!
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 13:26   #5604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Yes, it was awesome looking. But, i beleive it was a pain when the chain slipped from rear / front teeth. Then, the whole thing was supposed to be opened, correct ?
No. It comes designed with a rear section that is removable (held in place by a screw), as well as a front window (again removable, slides into a slot) around the crank. For maintenance mainly. I never remember my chain falling (Raleigh roadster, with a full chain cover).

A full chain cover is elegant, aerodynamic, and keeps everything clean and muck free, including the bottoms of your trousers. Otherwise you had those metallic ring clips to keep your trouser bottoms from getting into the chain.

Remember in the 70s and 80s, the wider the flare of your trousers, the more stylish you were. Ditto with the length of your shirt collars.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 15:20   #5605
BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile, hearing good reviews for Cubelite II, on that group - purchased it paying close to 5K. This is one of the best out there. I'm also looking out for a strong and compact front light with a dome (Old school, with new electronics in it), and not the straight pencil types! (Which is commonly available). Any leads, guys?
Does this comes close to your expectation?

https://dl.flipkart.com/dl/udee-usb-...oduct.share.pp
drive_angry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 20:19   #5606
BHPian

Hello friends took the plunge and bought this looker today. Firstly I was inclined towards Lapierre but after inspecting the bike, I saw that import year written was 2018 on that. Upon asking the dealer he said that Lapierre bikes come a year later after global launch.

Anyway I tried to ignore that and I gave him an offer of 60,000 which he refused and he was asking for 73,000 which I refused. This went on and I finally threw an offer of 65,000 last but he didn’t agree so left the store.

Later I went to my friend’s store and got this 2021 Polygon Strattos S3 with complete Sora groupset.

The Bicycles thread-cc0d4413db1748aa842bc0566f01c44b.jpeg

Bike looks stunning in this color combo. Bike fitting was done and everything was set according to my body. I really liked how he measured everything and set saddle and stem accordingly.

The Bicycles thread-1bf97a3d3f884cdc87d7689fc17d67a0.jpeg

The Bicycles thread-153847d8b01e42b0bf69c7558e91c7d3.jpeg

Today was heavy storm in our area so couldn’t test it but had a decent ride indoors on trainer

Managed to get my bike in my car

The Bicycles thread-37133d9e69b54b3c8174226903e557e6.jpeg

Special thanks to fellow BHPians for prompt reply and suggestions. I’m really thrilled to ride this bike soon and post a detailed review of the same.
maddyguage is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 21:35   #5607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
I went to my best friends house at Palava City over the weekend and used his cycle for a couple of kilometers and absolutely enjoyed the exercise.

Now I want to get one of my own. Which one would you guys recommend?

It needs to be geared yes, for the slopes and start-stops that might happen. I will cycle around 10 kilometers around Ghatkopar everyday. I need a mobile and bottle holder as basics. Nothing too expensive for now as I am just getting into this game again after my childhood.

I am 5 feet 7 inches and my weight is 68 kgs.
You first need to decide what you would like to go for - Hybrid or a MTB ?
I too am 5 feet 7 inches and weigh 73. Just recently the Bicycle Bug bit me and bought a Hybrid last month. Have driven close to 500 KM in 3 weeks. Wanted a Montra hybrid but none were available in Chandigarh so went for Raleigh Strada Elite hybrid. Costed me 27 K with stand and bottle holder included. Bought a Head light (700), tail light(200) and mobile stand(150) separately.

If you are down south you should be easily be able to source Montra and would cost you within 15 k if you don't go for alloy frame.
Old 17th May 2021, 22:19   #5608
Senior - BHPian

This is a rear light. And that Cube is the rear light I bought. I'm looking at buying a sleek front unit. Something like this
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Does this comes close to your expectation?
Attached Thumbnails
The Bicycles thread-img_1523.jpg  

Old 18th May 2021, 07:04   #5609
BHPian

Quote:
I'm looking at buying a sleek front unit. Something like this
https://www.lupine.de/products/bike-...ad-bike-lights. They're German and expensive. You can try getting them online on bike24 or bike-discount.
itisravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 08:02   #5610
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is a rear light. And that Cube is the rear light I bought. I'm looking at buying a sleek front unit. Something like this
Below are what I got for our bikes - both sets from Decathlon

On my wife's bike - ST 520
The Bicycles thread-img_8394.jpg

On my bike (this is brighter) - 920 ST
The Bicycles thread-img_8395.jpg

Last edited by vb-saan : 18th May 2021 at 08:04.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks