Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/96830-article-find-your-cars-date-manufacture-vin-11.html)

SilkDrive 13th June 2011 22:35

Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
 
Hi Wildon,

Could you please decode this VIN for me. Its my father's Swift, and i was unable to clearly instruct him, over telephone, to find the last 2 digits.

So, all i have is : MA3EKKD1500704901

Thanks in advance.

beast_within 14th June 2011 10:57

Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilkDrive (Post 2390154)
Hi Wildon,

Could you please decode this VIN for me. Its my father's Swift, and i was unable to clearly instruct him, over telephone, to find the last 2 digits.

So, all i have is : MA3EKKD1500704901

Thanks in advance.

Dear SilkDrive, The last two digits are missing from your VIN number. These last two digits are after a "X" mark.Please see wildon's #post2249679

SilkDrive 14th June 2011 16:45

Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
 
^^ Ya, I know that the last 2 characters are missing. But, getting my father to search for the entire number, through phone instructions did not work out.

Seeking help from the SP did not work either, as that guy has never heard of anything called a VIN. All he knows about is TIN (Tax Identification Number). :Frustrati

Could anyone please help me in finding the details with this much : MA3EKKD1500704901.

It would be really helpful to get it quick since the D-Day is Thursday (day after tomorrow).

Thanks in advance.

Nampat 15th June 2011 11:20

Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
 
Hi Wildon,

I have this VIN NUmber MALAN51CMBM930105 from my dealer for the new I10 which I have booked.

I have been able to decode that this is 2011 make. Not able to get the other details.

Please help. Would be great if I can get it at the earliest as I need to close the payment today.

Been seeing your support on this. Thanks in advance !

Regards .... Namit

mdsaab 15th June 2011 13:05

Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
 
Just got my ANHC VIN
But according to the decoder it is a FEB 2011 model
But the sales rep said he is ordering a fresh one for me.
I am real upset now ~ Someone please confirm so that i can tear the guy apart.
MAKGM 264 BBN 200***

RemingtonSteele 15th June 2011 13:12

Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdsaab (Post 2392423)
But according to the decoder it is a FEB 2011 model
MAKGM 264 BBN 200***

Yes you are right, its a Feb 2011 model.
Bashup that person.

Edit: BTW ask them for the form 22 and the delivery note for that vehicle. That will ensure when the vehicle was delivered to the dealer.
If its just delivered to the dealer, IMO then 70K discount is still may be acceptable for this car.

Check this out as guideline-

MAK = HONDA SIEL CARS INDIA LTD (HSCI)
GM2 = SOHC 16 Valve i-VTEC
Displacement : 1.496 cc
6 = 4Door Sedan , Automatic Transmission
4 = Grade
B = Feb
B = 2011
N = Noida Plant
200XXX = Serial Number

Nampat 15th June 2011 14:06

Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
 
I got the last 2 characters '*E" - this translates to May .

Please let me know if this if rght.

Regards .... Namit

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nampat (Post 2392192)
Hi Wildon,
cters
I have this VIN NUmber MALAN51CMBM930105 from my dealer for the new I10 which I have booked.

I have been able to decode that this is 2011 make. Not able to get the other details.


wildon 15th June 2011 14:10

Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilkDrive (Post 2391151)
But, getting my father to search for the entire number, through phone instructions did not work out.
MA3EKKD1500704901.

Read/see from the below link to locate the position of Chassis Number/VIN in Swift/Dzire vehicle

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2030368

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nampat (Post 2392192)
MALAN51CMBM930105

MODEL NAME : i10 ASTA
ENGINE TYPE : 1.2L KAPPA2 VTVT
ENGLINE NUMBER : G4LABM686122
FUEL TYPE : PETROL
TRANSMISSION : 4 SPEED AUTOMATIC
PRODUCTION DATE : 26.05.2011
COLOR : ICE SILVER

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdsaab (Post 2392423)
Just got my ANHC VIN
But according to the decoder it is a FEB 2011 model

MAKGM 264 BBN 200***

Quote:

Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele (Post 2392440)
Yes you are right, its a Feb 2011 model.
Edit: BTW ask them for the form 22 and the delivery note for that vehicle. That will ensure when the vehicle was delivered to the dealer.
If its just delivered to the dealer, IMO then 70K discount is still may be acceptable for this car.

Check those document which 'Remington' is saying.

mdsaab 15th June 2011 14:20

Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele (Post 2392440)
Yes you are right, its a Feb 2011 model.
Bashup that person.

Edit: BTW ask them for the form 22 and the delivery note for that vehicle. That will ensure when the vehicle was delivered to the dealer.
If its just delivered to the dealer, IMO then 70K discount is still may be acceptable for this car.

Check this out as guideline-

MAK = HONDA SIEL CARS INDIA LTD (HSCI)
GM2 = SOHC 16 Valve i-VTEC
Displacement : 1.496 cc
6 = 4Door Sedan , Automatic Transmission
4 = Grade
B = Feb
B = 2011
N = Noida Plant
200XXX = Serial Number

Thanks @RemingtonSteele

I called up The other Honda dealer too and asked for availability
he said that he has a V AT (non leather grade) in stock. Delivered to them in mid May. and the production of that vehicle is April 2011

Now what i have realised is that the leather grade model was not hot of the shelves. So the Feb production maybe justified.

I have followed your advice and asked the sales rep to send me a scanned copy of the order and confirmation from Honda.
According to him our vehicle is in transit.
Let's hope he's telling the truth.
Thanks once again.
Drive Safe!

iSpoke 28th June 2011 11:36

Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
 
Pay full without VIN?

Guys,

I'm in the process of buying a Fabia. The situation is like the sales guy is asking me to deposit the cheque for the rest of the payment today itself so the they can deliver the car on my day (i.e. 2nd July). The problem I'm sensing is that they don't have the VIN yet, and keep convincing me that the car has been out from the Chakan plant, but unfortunately the system is down and they are unable to get the VIN for me! He says the if you can deposit the cheque today, it will be cleared in couple of days and only after that they can proceed for the further process like Registration etc. so that the car will be delivered on my expected day. Their reasoning seems okay, but I'm not convinced simply because its Skoda.

For me getting it on 2nd July is important (family b'day), but I'm not trusting those guys (not bad experience, just gut feeling) and believe that even if I would pay the full amount today, whats the guarantee that delivery would not be delayed? FYI, The sales guy is gentle and has co-operated till date.

Please let me know is it okay to handover the cheque in this situation and trust them (Skoda)? Or better wait and let the delivery be delayed. Any other options too very welcome!

Many Thanks in advanced.

Ramp 28th June 2011 13:07

Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
 
Hi Wildon,

Could you please decode this VIN for me. MALBB51RLBM305444

Thanks in advance.

Ram.

wildon 28th June 2011 15:14

Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by iSpoke (Post 2408632)
Pay full without VIN?

Its not recommended to pay in full without physically checking the Vehicle. Its better wait and proceed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramp (Post 2408796)
MALBB51RLBM305444

MODEL NAME : i20 ASTA
ENGINE TYPE : 1.4L U2
ENGINE NUMBER : D4FCBU956367
FUEL TYPE : DIESEL
TRANSMISSION : 6 SPEED MANUAL
PRODUCTION DATE : 19.05.2011
COLOR : BERRY RED

iSpoke 28th June 2011 16:33

Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
 
^
Thanks Wildon, will run to you with VIN when available.

Till now he didn't get the VIN, in addition to the system/server down excuse, he adds that usually it comes bit later for Fabia as per his boss!

The car should be there into the stockyard tonight and hopefully I would inspect it tomorrow and pay then, but for faster processing (to deliver it on the committed day) he is now asking to pay through Demand Draft (DD). Any catch in paying by DD?

Well, as you recommended I've planned to wait and may be even delay the delivery, but now it looks like I will get it on time. Fingers crossed!

amit1234singla 28th June 2011 17:47

Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
 
Hi Wildon,

Can you please help get more details for this Ford Figo. I have decoded it to be a June 2011 car. Can you please help with other details please.

MAJ1HHMRJ1BY54611

Many thanks.

rajcs 28th June 2011 17:59

Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by iSpoke (Post 2409118)
^

The car should be there into the stockyard tonight and hopefully I would inspect it tomorrow and pay then, but for faster processing (to deliver it on the committed day) he is now asking to pay through Demand Draft (DD). Any catch in paying by DD?

I had paid amount in full by cheque against a receipt prior to delivery at Jai Auto in New Delhi and faced no issues regarding delivery on promised date. Hope you will have a similar experience.

Fabia VIN is on the left hand side of windshield and can be seen from outside. VIN can be decoded online at octinfo.com - Škoda Octavia info


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:43.