Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2018, 20:05   #2326
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

I got DDPai Mini WiFi Dash Cam to be used as a rear facing dash camera in my EcoSport.

I got this particular model as it has a very small footprint.

Installed on rear windscreen using 3M tape that came with the camera.
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20180804_185221.jpg

Powered from the cigarette lighter port at the rear.
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20180804_185147.jpg

The view from the camera
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-a_20180804182243.jpg
suku_patel_22 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 23:26   #2327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Net result was that the bus staff had to pay me compensation. Nothing great (about 10% of the overall repair bill), but was satisfactory.
Really unfortunate that you were even involved in such an incident. The bus driven does seem very ego driven (probably upset that he didn't manage to scare you into yielding the first time around).

Pardon my curiosity, but how expensive was the damage? Did you claim insurance? If yes, including the 10 % that you got, did you manage to not go out of pocket at all?
Old 6th August 2018, 15:02   #2328
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,

I've located the cameras on JD.com but had a question since there is a Mini2S which I spotted in the store as-well as the Mini 2. Now I'm not sure what the difference is and which one to get?

Also is this the right cable to use with a fuse tap to have a permanent connection in my car?
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-5b4d63acn9a82ce9f.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-5ac35735nd13eeb79.jpg  

Old 7th August 2018, 09:23   #2329
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Hey guys,

I've located the cameras on JD.com but had a question since there is a Mini2S which I spotted in the store as-well as the Mini 2. Now I'm not sure what the difference is and which one to get?

Also is this the right cable to use with a fuse tap to have a permanent connection in my car?
The Mini 2S is the mat black one. The regular one is shiny black.

The hardwire kit is correct, however the fuse tap has 4 different models. You need to check what size fuses your Mini uses then order that spec.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 11:58   #2330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Mini 2S is the mat black one. The regular one is shiny black.

The hardwire kit is correct, however the fuse tap has 4 different models. You need to check what size fuses your Mini uses then order that spec.
Dear Vid6639, thanks for always taking the time out to share your knowledge of these products. Strange that Mini2S costs RMB319 while the Mini2 is RMB249I'm surprised the only difference is the finish :P

Yeah, the Mini uses the 'mini' fuse tap from my research online. Should I need only 1 tap per camera right? Also since I can get these from China easily, is there anything else I should order with? I'm thinking of buying one of these for the front and Xiaomi 70min for the rear camera. They should be here hopefully by the end of the month.
Old 7th August 2018, 20:02   #2331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
@Traveler, thanks for the info. I tried placing order from VIOFO official store using NetSafe card but then during payment step, it went into Appeal and they asked for identity proof and card picture/bank statement. I was hesitant to proceed further with order processing. Looking for alternatives.
Friends, I wanted to share my experience of purchasing VIOFO A119 V2 + GPS + CPL dashcam. I evaluated three options
1. www.aliexpress.com
2. www.VIOFO.com
3. www.banggood.com

Aliexpress - I had almost purchased the dashcam from VIOFO official store in Aliexpress. The price was around $105 with some new user discount + seller discount coming to $6. I tried payment using HDFC netsafe card and it went into appeal. I was reluctant to provide documentation to aliexpress.

VIOFO - The price here was marginally less by around $5. However, the only payment option was PayPal. Again I was reluctant to open PayPal account by providing credit card details. Some people had suggested to use netsafe card to open PayPal account and use another netsafe card to do purchase. However, I did not proceed with the same.

Banggood - The offer here in last week of July was very attractive. I got the VIOFO V2 + GPS + CPL for $89. They have tie up with Dlocal. If I am not wrong, Dlocal introduced payment platform in India last year. You still need to provide PAN and aadhaar card number but can make payment using Internet Banking. Therefore, there is no need to use credit or debit card.

The order was placed on 28th July evening. I choose India Direct Mail option and got tracking number for GATI. The package was tracked throughout using GATI tracking URLs
http://www.gaticn.com/site/en/tracking.html
https://www.gati.com/track-by-docket/

The package arrived on 6th August morning. That was quick.

Due to discount I had apprehension if I would be getting the latest V2 wherein VIOFO had also fixed the PIN issue. Yes, I got the latest one as shown in the attached pictures. Tested the device using Samsung Evo Plus 64GB card and it is working fine. Yet to affix the dashcam on to the windshield.

Pin issue fixed (sorry for the hazy image - taken from mobile)
Name:  GPS pin.png
Views: 2954
Size:  134.2 KB

The package with CPL kept separate
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-a119-v2-package.jpg
Simhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 20:51   #2332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, the only payment option was PayPal. Again I was reluctant to open PayPal account by providing credit card details.
Just FYI, using Paypal to pay doesn't necessarily mean opening a Paypal account. You can use it as a regular credit card processing system like Tech Process or Billdesk.
binand is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 11:31   #2333
BHPian

Quote:
Friends, I wanted to share my experience of purchasing VIOFO A119 V2 + GPS + CPL dashcam.
Thanks for sharing your post, I was on a lookout for second Viofo A119S V2 for my other car. Had earlier purchased from Ali Express the whole package GPS, CPL, hard-wiring kit for about 64XX in March but was not getting a similar deal again.

Ordered it from Banggood after watching your post, ordered A119S V2 only with GPS for 52XX.

Thanks!
Old 11th August 2018, 09:39   #2334
BHPian

Hey guys need help in selecting a dash cam for my cars. Want to buy 3 preferably with dual cameras (front and rear) though this is not mandatory. Importantly at any given time 2 of these cars are parked in the open (exposed to the sun) and considering Pune I am worried for the heat that these will be exposed to and so was considering capacitor based cameras.

The options i zeroed in on are the DDpai Mini, Mini 0906, Viofo 119S, Xiaomi 70mai and blueskysea mini.

For the 70mai and BSS - I will buy two and put in the front and back of the car. The issue I have with the 70mai is that it is battery based and that could be risky (heat damage)

Another issue - the Superb and Nano have always on power sockets. I don't want to drain the battery and heat up the cameras when not needed. How do I overcome this

Please help!

Last edited by torquecurve : 11th August 2018 at 10:07.
Old 13th August 2018, 19:09   #2335
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I am facing a weird issue on my Transcend DrivePro 220. Every time I cam is switched on, recording starts and after 3 minutes the recording ends and starts a new recording. During this loop recording, I see that the settings option come up, which says Normal, Emergency and Snapshot or sometimes it takes me to the main settings page.

Not sure what is happening and why the screen pops up. I need to press back button to start the recording.

Anybody has faced this issue before? If yes how to resolve this? I have tried formatting the memory card as well, but it did not help.

Thanks in Advance!
Old 13th August 2018, 19:12   #2336
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Guys, I am facing a weird issue on my Transcend DrivePro 220
Try resetting the dashcam and update the firmware.

https://www.transcend-info.com/Support/No-692

Chose your part and the firmware and update/overwrite.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 20:08   #2337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Try resetting the dashcam and update the firmware.

https://www.transcend-info.com/Support/No-692

Chose your part and the firmware and update/overwrite.
How to update the firmware? Are there any steps to be followed?

Or is it just connecting the dashcam to laptop and add the downloaded files in the specified folder?
Old 15th August 2018, 23:38   #2338
BHPian

Guys I need advise on choosing a dashcam. My criteria are:
With inbuilt screen
Power supply from ICE USB port. Is this better than supply from power socket?
Budget <10k

Looking forward to responses.
Old 15th August 2018, 23:56   #2339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
How to update the firmware? Are there any steps to be followed?

Or is it just connecting the dashcam to laptop and add the downloaded files in the specified folder?
Follow these steps, it's mentioned in your camera's manual (LINK).

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-screen-shot-20180815-23.44.53.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Guys I need advise on choosing a dashcam. My criteria are:
With inbuilt screen
Power supply from ICE USB port. Is this better than supply from power socket?
Budget <10k

Looking forward to responses.
It's better to supply it from socket. Xiaomi and Viofo both satisfy your requirements.
batish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 22:27   #2340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
It's better to supply it from socket. Xiaomi and Viofo both satisfy your requirements.
Thanks for the response. It would be nice if a poll could be added to this thread where existing users can vote for their most trusted brand. This will help first time buyers a lot.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks