Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2006, 15:08   #1
BANNED

Head units changed & Gone mad

Hi guys,

After many days of playing my beloved PIONEER 7750, I decided to go in for an alpine. This happened after one of my friends told me about this guy who bought some show off ICE for his Honda CRV and wanted to change the head units for an in-dash DVD-player. He was selling his Alpine 9835 and Alpine DVA 5210. Interesting part was the pricetag he had on it. He bought these from Emperor, who are the authorised dealers here and these things were still under warranty! The MRP for these for 9835 about Rs. 38,000 and 5210 was Rs. 49,000 as told by the dealer. I did a quick research online (including TBHP) and got ready for the purchase as both these looked quiet good.
His asking price : shhhhhhhh!!!! it's a secret! Ok, somewhere in the region of 25k - 35k for both.

Mr. ZUHEMI (He's the man!) was put to work again.
As Alto comes with a 2 din setup in dash, it was quiet easy to setup both these unit in the dash itself without a lot of headaches, tweaking etc..
He placed the DVA5210 on the top DIN and 9835 was placed under it. He strongly recommended me to get an overhead LCD monitor to go with the 5210, But my pockets begged me not!
The output of DVA5210 was given to the 9835 as AUX.
Hmmmmm.... A question here: Is'nt it possible to hook up the DVA5210 to the 9835 via AiNET ? ? (I read about it later in the manual)
The installation was done quiet fast and we were upto tuning the setup.

The driver seat had to be removed to fine tune the monoblock AMP. It was already late (9:30pm) and we finished the job in a hurry and I left the place smiling. But the setup has to be fine tuned a bit more as I'm not completely satisfied with the output. We'll work on it tomorrow again.

Here's a pic of the head units after the installs.

Now, for a serious question gurus!
Should I go in for an LCD monitor? If you recommend so, which type?

I dont want to keep one permanently in my car, so something portable or easily removable will suit me I thinks.
I found the Sony 6.5" (not overhead) quiet nicely priced and suitable for my car. The same cannot be said for a similar alpine unit Bçoz it cost more than twice the Sony one.
Gurus! Pl shed some light on this.
Old 13th June 2006, 16:06   #2
Team-BHP Support

a 9835 and 5210 in an Alto? Add to this the cost fo amps and speakers and the system will cost more than the car (atleast the list price of the system will exceed the car's list price).
Old 13th June 2006, 17:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

I AM J.. I AM J ... I YAM VEDDY VEDDY JEALOUS!!!

***Singing*** Some guys have all the luck....Some guys get alla pain.. Some guys get all the HU's.. Some guys get nothin but the "Gain" ...!!

Last edited by kb100 : 13th June 2006 at 17:04.
Old 13th June 2006, 17:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

Teh question should be answered by you! Are you gonna watch film on it? Would you be having a co-driver; passengers and of course security...
Old 13th June 2006, 18:09   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Teh question should be answered by you! Are you gonna watch film on it? Would you be having a co-driver; passengers and of course security...
I always drive around with my wife (ok, I agree. Most of the times) and no films, but lots of cartoons, comedy shows, discovery channel videos etc.. (My kids just love those!) and maybe some racing videos too. And I'm looking for a setup in which I can remove the LCD in the nights or whenever I want to.

As the Alpine DVA5210 is a very capable DVD player, I'd like to use some of it's ability. I would never had gone for it if it was'nt available with this price tag. Now, I have it in my hands and better get some juice out of it before it dries off down the years. Ain't it??
Old 13th June 2006, 18:12   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
I AM J.. I AM J ... I YAM VEDDY VEDDY JEALOUS!!!

***Singing*** Some guys have all the luck....Some guys get alla pain.. Some guys get all the HU's.. Some guys get nothin but the "Gain" ...!!
" A Lil Surprise is on its way..... "
Does'nt that gives a hint to something?? After that Lil thingy, who'll be feeling VEDDY VEDDY jealous???
Old 13th June 2006, 18:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

Your Alto with the ICE would have to be the mose expensive Alto in Kerala for sure..!!!

But can u explain why u want to remove it?
Old 13th June 2006, 18:26   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
" A Lil Surprise is on its way..... "
Does'nt that gives a hint to something?? After that Lil thingy, who'll be feeling VEDDY VEDDY jealous???
jealous? will what one be. bling bling

so screen emm, maybe one for teh co-driver. But I am not sure abt removing thingy.

@ karthik; read secure.
Old 13th June 2006, 21:21   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The output of DVA5210 was given to the 9835 as AUX.
Hmmmmm.... A question here: Is'nt it possible to hook up the DVA5210 to the 9835 via AiNET ? ? (I read about it later in the manual)
The installation was done quiet fast and we were upto tuning the setup.

Yes it is possible through ai-net

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/3288.html

U will be needing the ainet cable.
Old 14th June 2006, 13:05   #10
BANNED

LCD monitors cant be left alone in the car at night. The CHORS maybe tempted to steal the car also ;-) And my mom will not allow an LCD in car so should be hidden from her.
Old 14th June 2006, 17:42   #11
BANNED

Today, DVA5210 was connected through Ainet. And now it can be operated from 9835 and that's a big relief.

By the way, I'm somewhat confused with the sound output from the system now. The sound is not satisfactory (to my tastes maybe). The treble is a bit too much and the lows and mid bass is quiet faded. It's somewhat like too bright and when the volume is pushed up, It becomes too bright and I'm not able to enjoy the sound at all. I was able to push the volume of my pioneer 7750 to max and still listen to it without any distortion or ear deafening treble. Now there's no distortions but the treble is ear deafening. I tried to pull the treble down but it's not still under control. Is it the same with all alpines or am I going wrong with the equalizer setup here?
As I've told earlier, I have'nt yet got used to the Alpine interface and I'm still working out on it as it is very much different from the PIONEERs'.

Gurus!! Please help this humble guy with your valuable suggestions. (ASA Pl shed some light on it)

Last edited by speedzak : 14th June 2006 at 17:44.
Old 14th June 2006, 20:15   #12
Team-BHP Support

Set the EQ to flat or put Defeat on.

what amps and speakers you got?
Old 15th June 2006, 13:13   #13
BANNED

Thanx Navinji.
I've tried to go flat but it has'nt helped much.
My Speakers are:
1. Velocity 5.25" Components for the front. They're placed in custom MDF enclosure on door : http://img64.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flftdoor9dw.jpg
And the tweeters are placed in A pillar : http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?i...weeterb1nb.jpg

2. Alpine SPA 170 Co-axials for the rear. They're kept in the back doors. http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?i...earspk24dk.jpg

3. Blaupunkt VXB12 4th order bandpass Subwoofer Kept in the boot. http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=boot4lk.jpg

My Amps:

1. Alpine MRD-M605 Monoblock for the Sub.
2. Blaupunkt MPA4 4channel amp to power the Speakers. http://www.blaupunkt.com.sg/download/en-GB_MPA4oi.pdf

4channel amp is set to Flat.
Monoblock was configured by Zuhemi (My installer) and I'm not fully aware of it's settings.

My tweeters seems to overpower the whole setup. Are their location not correct?
Old 15th June 2006, 13:31   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...It's somewhat like too bright and when the volume is pushed up, It becomes too bright and I'm not able to enjoy the sound at all. I was able to push the volume of my pioneer 7750 to max and still listen to it without any distortion or ear deafening treble. ..
All you did was change the HU from a Pio to an Alpine and the treble got too much Right? All other components (speakers, amps, wires etc..) remined the same?

Check the HU's XO settings. Try playing with those and see if it helps.
Old 15th June 2006, 13:59   #15
BANNED

That's it!!! Maybe i'll have to try to get this XO settings right. I was just beginning to think of this. I'll do that and get back to you Sir!

Thanx & Thanx a Lot!!! This Forum is actually a god's blessing!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks