Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2006, 16:19   #61
Team-BHP Support

sppedzak, the 9835 is brighter than the 7xxx series but not overly bright. Not unlistenably bright.

And if you are so motivated why not tinker with the XO. Trust me it is not so diffucult. All you need is a good ear, patience, and a solder iron and some caps and resistors.
Old 23rd June 2006, 16:26   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
My installer says I should'nt do away with the ALPINE HUs I have because they're very precious gems and wont be able to find them again in life. CDA9835 and DVA5210 are sold no more. Anything serious here???
Your installer is right, these units ARE sought after. They are regarded as good units... great build quality too. Just that I found the 9835 a bit bright... nothing wrong with that, just not my type... Most people would like it and theres nothing wrong with that either...

Trust your ears... in the words of Public Enemy... "Dont believe the hype"
Old 23rd June 2006, 16:42   #63
Team-BHP Support

Dont jump the gun. Wait tilll JB and Gunbir hit your town and set things right.

My guess is that they'll do your system so that you'll like it. Trust me these guys have passion. Just like Sam. they are nuts! Anyone and Everyone in the audio industry is NUTS!
Old 23rd June 2006, 16:45   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
sppedzak, the 9835 is brighter than the 7xxx series but not overly bright. Not unlistenably bright.

And if you are so motivated why not tinker with the XO. Trust me it is not so diffucult. All you need is a good ear, patience, and a solder iron and some caps and resistors.
I would love to do it. But i'm not that 'solder it fix it' type but more of 'solder it Burn it' type of guy. And in the process, I'll burn some fingers too. (I have! Before)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunbir
Your installer is right, these units ARE sought after. They are regarded as good units... great build quality too. Just that I found the 9835 a bit bright... nothing wrong with that, just not my type... Most people would like it and theres nothing wrong with that either...
It's not my type too. Me thinks! Anyway, I'm going to try it on my upcoming OHC!!
Old 23rd June 2006, 17:25   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe
something reasonable
well.... reasonable may vary person to person.
For Kb,reasonable amount is 1 lac for amplifier and about 25-30k for HU.

So now whats ur something reasonable?

Alpine vs pioneer.........

hmm......I looove my alpine HU's sound and will keep doing it.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 23rd June 2006 at 17:27.
Old 23rd June 2006, 17:50   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
well.... reasonable may vary person to person.

So now whats ur something reasonable?

say around 30k is what i am looking at
Old 23rd June 2006, 18:16   #67
BANNED

Quote:

Your's is a 9847 right???? I have'nt heard those!

I dont looooove my 9835 for now. Maybe Gunbir etc.. can make me love it. (I pray, I pray)

Gun MAN!!! Please, your surprise is not far away right?????????

Last edited by speedzak : 23rd June 2006 at 18:23.
Old 23rd June 2006, 18:31   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe
say around 30k is what i am looking at
30 k inclusive of HU?

HU-PIo 6850: 10k (grey)
4channel Amp-Pio: 6100; 7k (grey)
6inch Compos at frnt : 6k
co-ax at back: 4k
damn! 3k for sub

Since you need tight bass( u need sub right?) , I suggest a sub in a box.7-8k ( if you get a sub box piece instead of buying a sub and box seperately)

Or you can get a Sony 504z for 4.5k and save 2.5k frm Pio, but Pio is more powerful tahn SOny and better.

If you could search around you can see similar setups for Lancer.

And you need 1.5 to 2k for install and RCA cables.

or get a cheaper HU but with 2 preamp out .

edit!

blau HU: 4.5k ; B&W
Sony 504z: 5k; B&W
6inch Comp : 6k, B&W
6x9 Co-ax rear: 4.5k, B&W
cable/install: 2k,

I think you may not need a sub as you dont want too much bass and hence a 6x9 would do a god job. Prices quoted were made in ref with JBL. If you can get a good Pio amp like 6100 and a better HU with the spare money.

Last edited by jkdas : 23rd June 2006 at 18:40.
Old 23rd June 2006, 18:36   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My My ... I have become puBlic property here... JK... Navin... RSJ ... lol...
GANPATRAIIII !!

Maine Kya Kiya??... Pyaar kiya!!... Bas....!... Maine ek chota sa amp liya...nanha sa..munna sa... pyaara sa amp ... bas.. itni si baat??

Last edited by kb100 : 23rd June 2006 at 18:38.
Old 23rd June 2006, 18:43   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100

Maine Kya Kiya??... Pyaar kiya!!... Bas....!... Maine ek chota sa amp liya...nanha sa..munna sa... pyaara sa amp ... bas.. itni si baat??
I am sure you havent said that to your kids or even to Mrs in recent years ( ok ok months after you found us @ TBHP !

So, bck to topic. What do you think abt my config for his Lancer?

Last edited by jkdas : 23rd June 2006 at 18:45.
Old 23rd June 2006, 19:41   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Your's is a 9847 right???? I have'nt heard those!

I dont looooove my 9835 for now. Maybe Gunbir etc.. can make me love it. (I pray, I pray)

Gun MAN!!! Please, your surprise is not far away right?????????

no,its 9853 with much hated glide touch bar.
I think u were the one who pm'ed me about alpine HU and i recommended 9833/35 to u along with 985x series.

I dont have any complaint against my HU and i think its very much laid back though i have not listened many systems with good components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kb100000
My My ... I have become puBlic property here... JK... Navin... RSJ ... lol...
GANPATRAIIII !!

just pulling ur legs,only two!!
Old 24th June 2006, 00:48   #72
BHPian

koi kuch bhi kahe........alpines sound more rich,more defination in mid-range and upper frequencies.....overall sweet ....like ur sundae fudge at Baskin robins......whereas pioneer(uptil 6850) is like ........ Kwality walls.........but hey ....for that price pioneer is decently good.......iam yet to get use to of the pioneer sound ,although iam in love with their display,after having an alpine for 5-6 months............i loved some notes that my alpine use to play.......its something i expect as the song plays .....i missing those Notes now......gosh i only switched to pioneer for its 3-preouts under 9k ........and thats all i get........
Old 24th June 2006, 01:30   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofreak
koi kuch bhi kahe........alpines sound more rich,more defination in mid-range and upper frequencies.....overall sweet ....like ur sundae fudge at Baskin robins......whereas pioneer(uptil 6850) is like ........ Kwality walls.........but hey ....for that price pioneer is decently good.......iam yet to get use to of the pioneer sound ,although iam in love with their display,after having an alpine for 5-6 months............i loved some notes that my alpine use to play.......its something i expect as the song plays .....i missing those Notes now......gosh i only switched to pioneer for its 3-preouts under 9k ........and thats all i get........
So, it depends upon that getting used factor!! Maybe I was used to my Pioneer that I'm not loving how these Alpines sound?? I found straight opposite of what you experienced. I found the Alpine output to be thin, not at all rich and bass was very much soft and not in phase with the music. I loved the way my PIO used to play that 'Beat of passion' track from Taal. Too many instruments playing at a time and my PIO still didnt miss a beat. The sound used to be very rich. But now in Alpine, it sounds like tins been hawled together (Ok!! not so bad maybe). The quality is gone for sure. Gosh I switched to Alpines because the Vocals in my PIO used to be sometimes bright and prominent and I was tempted by the Alpine reviews..... And see what I'm sitting with !!!!!

BTW I hate Baskin Robins. (Especially the indian ones). Hope somebody can bring in Milky lane!!!!
Old 24th June 2006, 03:34   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofreak
Then why compromise, get an Alpine HU with 3 preouts... As it is, its difficult finding something one likes, and if you know what you like... why compromise... an Alpine 3preout HU wont be a whole lot more expensive than the Pioneer you bought...
Old 24th June 2006, 03:45   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Too many instruments playing at a time and my PIO still didnt miss a beat. The sound used to be very rich. But now in Alpine, it sounds like tins been hawled together (Ok!! not so bad maybe). The quality is gone for sure.
Yes, thats true. The Pioneers have a mellow, less 'in your face' sound and the bass is much more meaty. 9.9 out of 10 people will like the bass that a Pioneer HU outputs over an Alpine/Clarion etc. Again, nothing wrong with that, just a matter of taste.

While testing / auditioning any audio electronics, we use a series of test tracks that range from simple lush orchestration to songs with complex passages. Some HUs that are otherwise open and airy on a simple track, can cause mayhem on more complex passages. This is more obvious when your other electronics are also a bit forward sounding.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks