Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2006, 12:10   #136
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
Sure will be nice to see Zuhiemi's knowledge getting E-X-P-A-N-D-E-D ..

He's started referring Hertz these days. That's something I never expected from him in this life. Yes, recommending something other than Alpines!!!
Old 5th July 2006, 16:47   #137
BANNED

Guyz! After Civic is launched, I'm holding my hands tight.

Seems to be rock solid car with less road noise etc.. and seems it has got plenty of horses and is well suited for high end ICE.
Will go for a test drive tomorrow.

It comes with in dash 6cd changer which can read MP3/WMA etc. I think it's from Alpine and a PXA-H701 processor and a DVA 5210 can be added for better overall sound and some visual excitement too. And the speaker fitment positions are well placed too I think (Front & rear doors). Maybe 2 way 6" components can be stuck in front and a decent co-axial set for the rear!
Ok I'm assuming a lot of things after a visit to their website. So will get more pukka info by tomorrow or tonight.
Old 5th July 2006, 17:45   #138
Senior - BHPian

the pxa can be attached to any stereo on this earth which preferably has got line out also but u have to buy the rux in order to control the pxa. with this combination one can keep his company HU and can further expand as one like........4-way system , 5.1 system , front and rear and sub system. any thing u think is possible with a pxa......
Old 5th July 2006, 19:03   #139
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
the pxa can be attached to any stereo on this earth which preferably has got line out also but u have to buy the rux in order to control the pxa. with this combination one can keep his company HU and can further expand as one like........4-way system , 5.1 system , front and rear and sub system. any thing u think is possible with a pxa......
Exactly LBM, When I meant it can be hooked to PXA-H701, it's without the RUX controller. If the HU is from Alpine then PXA can be controlled from the HU itself.
Old 6th July 2006, 18:05   #140
BANNED

Gurus!!! My system is going to get some blessings from GUNBIRji & JBji soon. And I've kept my options open. And I'm seriously thinking of getting 2 12" Subs to replace my 12" Bandpass Sub. And I'm studying about Plexiglass installation.

Now, Please inform me: Which box will be best for a 2 SUB setup? It should fit in my ALTO's boot. Does going for a sealed setup require big size boxes? Or is it ported which has to be bigger? As I like some bit of SPL too, what would you recommend??
Old 6th July 2006, 18:17   #141
Senior - BHPian

first of all which sub r u going to use.......... Every thing will be calculated from that. And the sealed one are smaller than the ported one and the bandpass are bigger than the ported one. U will achive higher spl in a ported when compared with a sealed one but there will be some loss of sq on that. ....
Old 6th July 2006, 18:29   #142
BANNED

Quote:
U will achive higher spl in a ported when compared with a sealed one but there will be some loss of sq on that. ....
Yes sir! But how much loss?
Is it really a considerable loss?
Which one will produce tight, punchy bass?

I'm planning to use Hertz ES300D 12" Subwoofers. Or Alpine type R 12".
Old 6th July 2006, 18:42   #143
Senior - BHPian

loss will be like that the woofer would not be able to play below the tunned freq for eg if we say the box is tunned at 35 hz the enclousre will not be able to produce 35 hz and below as to produce these freq the sub will have to move a lot to achive them and thats why there will be a loss of SQ there..
but if u use a ported u will ge atleast 6db gain in the output than the sealed one I have tried and test the both the boxes and I am sure about that......

naturally the ported will be giving u a punchy bass.......
Old 6th July 2006, 19:07   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
I'm planning to use Hertz ES300D 12" Subwoofers. Or Alpine type R 12".
Both the subs are different in there audibale response. here are some differences.

Power handling -> alpine is 1500/500 and hertz is 700/350.
Xmax -> alpine is 18.2 mm and the hertz is 14.5 mm
sealed box requirement -> alpine is .57-1 cuft. and hertz is 1cuft.
ported box requirment -> alpine is .75 - 2 cuft and hertz is 1.27 cuft.
senstivitiy-> alpine is 85 db and the hetrz is 97db

rest gunbir will tell the diff more clearly as he has listened to both of them.....

But I personnaly feel it u can adjust a box of nearly 3.5 - 4 cuft. go for the alpine sub........
Old 6th July 2006, 19:54   #145
BANNED

Should I fit in capacitors? Is it really necessary for this 2 sub setup?
Old 6th July 2006, 21:08   #146
BHPian

Quote:
naturally the ported will be giving u a punchy bass.......
LBM,i think u meant "naturally the ported will not be giving u a punchy bass."
Old 6th July 2006, 21:39   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
LBM,i think u meant "naturally the ported will not be giving u a punchy bass."
Ya rs-jar the ported enclousre will be giving a punch bass.........here is a small writeup on enclousre from pioneer cataloge.......

Old 6th July 2006, 23:02   #148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Should I fit in capacitors? Is it really necessary for this 2 sub setup?
No .
Old 7th July 2006, 01:02   #149
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
No .

My installer was forcing me so much! He warned me about fading lights etc.. He even told me the AC will be affected too!!! Yes, that is if I dont fix in a capacitor with this 2 amp, 2 sub setup. Was he just making business?
I know this happens a lot with installers. They try and convince a person to buy things which is not much needed. Am I right?

I'm also planning to change my cabling. I'll be putting in connection audison cables from battery to speakers all the way!
My Sub is currently connected using Monster cable (From amp to sub) Should I change those too? or simply add another parallel line from the amp to 2nd sub?
Old 7th July 2006, 01:11   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

My installer was forcing me so much! He warned me about fading lights etc.. He even told me the AC will be affected too!!! Yes, that is if I dont fix in a capacitor with this 2 amp, 2 sub setup. Was he just making business?
I know this happens a lot with installers. They try and convince a person to buy things which is not much needed. Am I right?

I'm also planning to change my cabling. I'll be putting in connection audison cables from battery to speakers all the way!
My Sub is currently connected using Monster cable (From amp to sub) Should I change those too? or simply add another parallel line from the amp to 2nd sub?
CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE... Change everything... cables... wires... sub... speakers... HU... and then maybe.. house... wife... (... Like I might have to.... lol!)

one thing DO NOT let anyone CHANGE the fact that you DO NOT NEED a cap..

Last edited by kb100 : 7th July 2006 at 01:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks