Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2006, 01:32   #151
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE... Change everything... cables... wires... sub... speakers... HU... and then maybe.. house... wife... (... Like I might have to.... lol!)

one thing DO NOT let anyone CHANGE the fact that you DO NOT NEED a cap..
Nice one Kb! you guyz make this forum worth changing wives!

Wish! wish!! wish!!!
I'm just thinking how nice it would be if I didnt have a car! I'm not a man of home Audio! i just can't understand how people sit in the home listening to music. For me bliss is when you're cruising at a comfortable 80kmh and the scenery (in kerala we got plenty) is whizzing past you and the SUB is playing those low rhythms from a fine hand guitar! WOW!!

Now, pity! How do I miss those days! Let's blame that ALPINE HUs.
I'm doing the overhaul of cabling and start the installation from the beginning. Some times, going back to the roots may help you solve problems! Is'nt it??

BTW, what about my queries?? Please I'm still eager to clear that doubts.

And what's the real use of a Cap? How important is it?
Old 7th July 2006, 07:39   #152
Senior - BHPian

Did you say caps? or just a cap? If he said caps, and if you said oh yah, I will think about it then, your seller is good. He sold one cap.

I would love to see caps in your Alto :P
Old 7th July 2006, 09:53   #153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
And what's the real use of a Cap? How important is it?
I have never seen a Cap solve much. Caps are supposed to store energy for use during transients but if the Caps are not refilled fast enough (poor power cables) they dont work. Now if you got good power cables you will find you rarely need caps in the first place.

So yes if you got good power cables and feel that your amp is running out of breath on a few transients by all means you a cap but a cap is not a pancea for all power ills.
Old 7th July 2006, 17:52   #154
BANNED

I've seen lights fluctuating in the Palio I've posted earlier
in this thread. It has 2 subs, 2 amps, 1 farad cap, and components upfront and back. So, even a cap has'nt done it's job here I assume! Am I correct?

And regarding my LCDs, it finally came thru. But still not installed in Headrests. A corolla guy is asking for it to be done and I'm ready to wait. So. maybe in another 3-4 days I expect it to be on. BTW, any recommendation in fixing an LCD on dash (again, it'll be installed in a removable way) ? ??
Old 7th July 2006, 18:31   #155
Senior - BHPian

Remember Rudra's case? His car had this fluctuating problem and it ate all our heads. He even tried a cap, an extra amp ! and in teh end! bad wiring was the culprit!
Old 8th July 2006, 15:38   #156
BANNED

Sometimes, things are just not very easy to solve!
Look at my case. HUs worth almost 90k, amps 32k, speakers 20k, Sub 10k, cabling 6k. Still the sound is not right. Problem?? No idea!
Maybe it's a very small thing or maybe even bigger. Getting an ICE setup which is 100% satisfactory is hard to acheive. Only masters like GUN, JB, SAM, NAVINji etc.. are exerts in this. And they can acheive what they want from there setups.

Just wish my system come right!!! Heeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeeeee heeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiii
Yes, I'm crying.
Old 8th July 2006, 15:43   #157
Senior - BHPian

Zak attack dont get furstrated. From my side just try this out once. Just temp connect the pioneer HU and try to check is every thing rest is working fine as earlier. If the sound comes out to be ok then ur 90k hu is a waste but if the sound does not comes out fine they you are in big mess of ICE.......
Old 8th July 2006, 15:46   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sometimes, things are just not very easy to solve!
Look at my case. HUs worth almost 90k, amps 32k, speakers 20k, Sub 10k, cabling 6k. Still the sound is not right. Problem?? No idea!
Maybe it's a very small thing or maybe even bigger. Getting an ICE setup which is 100% satisfactory is hard to acheive. Only masters like GUN, JB, SAM, NAVINji etc.. are exerts in this. And they can acheive what they want from there setups.

Just wish my system come right!!! Heeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeeeee heeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiii
Yes, I'm crying.
In the words of Axl Rose... Dont cry. We're reaching there around the 26th of July.
Old 8th July 2006, 15:54   #159
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
In the words of Axl Rose... Dont cry. We're reaching there around the 26th of July.
WOW!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!

Yes, now I'm laughing!!!Balle balle!
Old 10th July 2006, 04:09   #160
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
Zak attack dont get furstrated. From my side just try this out once. Just temp connect the pioneer HU and try to check is every thing rest is working fine as earlier. If the sound comes out to be ok then ur 90k hu is a waste but if the sound does not comes out fine they you are in big mess of ICE.......
That does sound nice. Thanks for the advice bro!
I thought about this many a times. But when I heard about JB & Gunbir coming in, I just held my hand from doing it. I'm waiting now!

BTW, when the DEFEAT is put on, suddenly everything goes very down and there's hardly any bass in the system. Anybody know why??

Last edited by speedzak : 10th July 2006 at 04:12.
Old 10th July 2006, 10:31   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, when the DEFEAT is put on, suddenly everything goes very down and there's hardly any bass in the system. Anybody know why??
DEFEAT bypasses any and all sound processing like EQ, MX, BBE etc. It just gives you the clean "unadultrated" output from your HU. In fact, if your system were tuned properly, you would have great sound with the defeat ON.
Old 10th July 2006, 11:52   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
DEFEAT bypasses any and all sound processing like EQ, MX, BBE etc. It just gives you the clean "unadultrated" output from your HU. In fact, if your system were tuned properly, you would have great sound with the defeat ON.
Rightly, perfect tuning would eliminate the need to use any sound processing, and likewise, if you're using speakers and amps of good quality, there should ideally be no need to apply any equalization whatsoever.

Some good brand should come out with a nice SQ head unit with a seperate power supply, transport and DAC, with just a pre-amp with no more than tone controls (actually, not even that), volume control and a minimal display. Most importantly, at an affordable price, not like the Macintosh. That would be something. Money spent only where it's required.
Old 11th July 2006, 03:24   #163
BANNED

So, putting on defeat is the smart thing! Right?
Does anybody do this? Navinji! What about your alpine? Does it always have defeat on??

What about tuning the amps? What's the best tuning for a 4 channel and a monoblock?

Sorry, Gunman for jumping like this!
Old 11th July 2006, 07:20   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What about tuning the amps? What's the best tuning for a 4 channel and a monoblock?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...your-amps.html
Old 12th July 2006, 16:07   #165
BANNED

Ok. This thread has gone very much selfish. Only me and my problems. Lol!!

When the components are only playing above 80hz without any lows, is it necessary that the box it sits on should be of the recommended size? Or can it be made smaller to save space?
For example if a baffle is made so that it can just hold the speaker and it's not the recommended size, will it really effect the sound?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks