Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2006, 17:47   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
there is a lot of space in ur alto I dont thing space is a constrain there.......

Is ur system working fine........... the bright tweeter low bass........
Lot of space?? in Alto??? Currently my 2 amps are placed below the seats. I dont want it in the boot. Will a 1001 or a bigger Monoblock sit there fine? (which can fire a TYPE X Sub) I doubt so!

BTW, PDX amp is smaller (in size) than 605 ALPINE? Bigger? similar?

My system!!!!!!!

It's not fine. I'm not enjoying the sound as with my old Pioneer 7750. The Highs are prominent (too much to trouble me), The SUB is too low. And the Bass is not punchy enough. I've pulled down the gains of the 4 channel amp to a considerable low limit to actually hear the sub. And it has taken away all the pleasure from my car audio. Does this happen because I've changed the HeadUnit without reworking the whole install?

I could get ear deafening volume (without any sort of distortion) with mellow treble, and punchy bass from my earlier setup. And could listen to it in smooth low volume (I does this more than the earlier) with the same sound quality. Although the vocals used to be a little prominent in it and sometimes wished to hear more of music than vocals. So, I expected to solve this and get more clear and defined sound from these ALPINES as I've read a lot of virtues of these HUs. But it turned out to be a sour experience and till now it has'nt changed.

Mr. Zuhemi (My installer) had done fine tuning and time corrections etc.

I'm now hoping to meet our GURUJIS gunbir and JB when they land in our shores.

Last edited by speedzak : 22nd June 2006 at 17:51.
Old 22nd June 2006, 17:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Lot of space?? in Alto??? Currently my 2 amps are placed below the seats. I dont want it in the boot. Will a 1001 or a bigger Monoblock sit there fine? (which can fire a TYPE X Sub) I doubt so!
If u go for another mono block lets take pdx it will easliy go under the seat and could easily fire up the x-type. 1001 is a big amp size are-> approx 23 x 11 x 2.6 and the pdx is ->10.1 x 7.6 x 2.6 it is clear 1/3 the size of 1001

Why dont wanna install the amp in the boot ????????????
Old 22nd June 2006, 18:12   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
Why dont wanna install the amp in the boot ????????????
I dont want my amps showing off. That's all.
Old 22nd June 2006, 19:16   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont want my amps showing off. That's all.
you want a third amp??? what for???
Old 22nd June 2006, 19:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

I did not have the heart to say this earlier.... But Guess I will now...

Based on the feedback from this forum I went ahead and heard a LOT of alpine units over the last couple of months.... mostly all 2005 & 2006 models ... and i did not LIKE a SINGLE ONE !!

I can say one thing for sure.. THEY SHRIEK!! ..In almost ALL the sets I had to turn the gain way down into negative before they sounded remotely listenable.. Lack of bass was uniform... Mids had no "Body" ... and the tweets were harsh like no ones business! .. I fact they have started sounding like the PIoneers of the yesteryears... and I feel the new generation Pioneers sound MUCH better that the current Alpines!

Tis the P80RS for me!

This is an opinion - based on MY experience... Most of the setups were that of 'professional' installers...

Last edited by kb100 : 22nd June 2006 at 19:29.
Old 22nd June 2006, 23:39   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
you want a third amp??? what for???
Not a third one!!! (I wish for a OHC now)
I want something which can take the place of my MRD-M605 and is able to fire my upcoming TYPE-X sub. That's all.

But If you really insist, then 3rd one is not a remote possibilty.

Quote:
I did not have the heart to say this earlier.... But Guess I will now...

Based on the feedback from this forum I went ahead and heard a LOT of alpine units over the last couple of months.... mostly all 2005 & 2006 models ... and i did not LIKE a SINGLE ONE !![IMG]../images/smilies/Shockked.gif[/IMG]

I can say one thing for sure.. THEY SHRIEK!! ..In almost ALL the sets I had to turn the gain way down into negative before they sounded remotely listenable.. Lack of bass was uniform... Mids had no "Body" ... and the tweets were harsh like no ones business! .. I fact they have started sounding like the PIoneers of the yesteryears... and I feel the new generation Pioneers sound MUCH better that the current Alpines!

Tis the P80RS for me!

This is an opinion - based on MY experience... Most of the setups were that of 'professional' installers..

Now this really cruel KB100!!
If you had spoken earlier then, My precious thosands would still be in my pocket.

So, Whattya reckon? I should move my thingys to market place??

Last edited by speedzak : 22nd June 2006 at 23:45.
Old 23rd June 2006, 00:39   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
You Sir, then have magic ears... cuz the others on this forum think the opposite is true. They are quite certain the Pioneers sound 'brighter' than the Alpines. And this was a worldwide phenomenon... which is thankfully changing now... Still, their opinion is exactly that... their opinion... and I can respect that.

Heres mine though... We have been quite vociferous about this, and this is based on first hand experience... Pioneers are definitely more balanced, laid back than Alpines. Please note that we are only discussin HUs here. In the exact same system, same car, level matched, gains matched, same disc, same track... the Pioneer sounds more laid back and has better overall 'body'.

We have seen many converted from Alpine to Pioneer... why, just today, Speedofreak changed from his Alpine HU to a Pioneer. To me, a lot of the shrillness was gone, it was way smooother and laid back... Bass also had more 'body' and overall sound was richer.

We also noticed this in Vipers car... We have heard the Energy Package (ESK165 comps + ECX coaxes + ES300 sub + Audison SRx5 amp) with the same cables in many cars, a few of them were Getzs. In Vipers car, as soon as we fired up the system post intall and tuning, it sounded brighter than usual. We realised it was the first time we had paired this exact system in a Getz, with an Alpine HU... considering this was the 9835, a fairly higher rung model, we found it brighter than other similar systems, but Viper prefers that kind of lively, upfront sound, so its great for him...

In the end, lets just STOP generalising Alpines as laid back (vs Pioneers), cuz they clearly arent. Anybody who wants to hear this is welcome to an AB comparison at our office.

Speaking of which, we have something interesting coming your way... watch this space...
Old 23rd June 2006, 01:22   #38
BHPian

im watching.. im watching with baited breath
cant wait to see whats comming... this should a killer learning experience for all of us...
bring it on Sir Gunman !!!!
heheheh
booom
Old 23rd June 2006, 09:57   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you had spoken earlier then, My precious thosands would still be in my pocket.

speedzak; its whts he felt. its YOUR system and not his. Be happy and we know your a kb125
Old 23rd June 2006, 10:02   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now this really cruel KB100!!

Buddy Zak... You never posted saying you WANTED to.. you posted saying YOU HAD picked these up for a killer price! Hence I think those few thousands were never meant to be yours !! ... lol

Secondly -- About your proposed Alpine X sub.. I seriously recommend you take a listen to the iDQ's or the iDMAX's... Why even the iD V3 's will more than have a measure of the X's.... Now don't tell me I din't tell you this earlier...

Last edited by kb100 : 23rd June 2006 at 10:03.
Old 23rd June 2006, 10:13   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
We have seen many converted from Alpine to Pioneer... why, just today, Speedofreak changed from his Alpine HU to a Pioneer. To me, a lot of the shrillness was gone, it was way smooother and laid back... Bass also had more 'body' and overall sound was richer.

Alright alright ....iam here to stamp the above Quote,my opinion is based on ONe on ONe comparison Of Alpine-cde 9843 V/s Pioneer deh 6850
Thing is Alpines are bit brighter,.....now "shrillness" is very subjective....i kind of developed a habit for it since i have been using alpines since 6-7 months.....so first thing i noticed in my pioneer hu was that brightness in the vocals+high frequencies gone down.......also Tonal Quality is bit down.......but having said that.....Overall .....sound is more balanced ,smoother........But for burying the hatchet ....of..Alpine v/s Pioneer debate......i need to listen Alpine with 3 preouts (since my alpine-9843 had only one ,so this might be the handicap with alpine case) v/s pioneer with 3 preouts.......

but considering Alpines cheapest 3-preout Hu with X-over would cost 15K ......with the a subset of features of a pioneer(....Super cool graphics,Dinchak ...GUI...steer remote).....A Pioneer would cost max 9 k .......... U don't have to be a kin of Einstein ....To figure out....Its the Pioneeer u would take home.......
Old 23rd June 2006, 11:08   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

I dont like bright sound myself. As gunman and JB are my witness, i had a 6 year old alpine, 7XXX and i loved the tonality- warm, mellow and rich
Then i replaced it withan alpine glide-touch thing and i HATED it. Then i was gifted an alpine 9835 and I was thrilled .
I still like my sound overall, but i must admit, the newer alpine is madly madly bright and i generally have to run the internal parametric eq, to drop the highs considerably (-6!!!) to achieve any kind of sane sound.
Now make no mistake, I use Infinity Kappa components in my car and i consider them to be pretty good.
So i am afraid i have to join in and say, ALPINE IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE.
I hang my head in defeat.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 23rd June 2006 at 11:10.
Old 23rd June 2006, 11:18   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
So i am afraid i have to join in and say, ALPINE IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE. I hang my head in defeat.
Sam, theres no defeat scenario. I think the only one thats losing here is Alpine. Over the last 2 years, they've been consistently falling. While build quality is still good, sound quality doesnt seem to be as important to them as it was earlier...
Old 23rd June 2006, 11:21   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
You Sir, then have magic ears... cuz the others on this forum think the opposite is true. They are quite certain the Pioneers sound 'brighter' than the Alpines. And this was a worldwide phenomenon... which is thankfully changing now... Still, their opinion is exactly that... their opinion... and I can respect that.

Heres mine though... We have been quite vociferous about this, and this is based on first hand experience... Pioneers are definitely more balanced, laid back than Alpines. Please note that we are only discussin HUs here. In the exact same system, same car, level matched, gains matched, same disc, same track... the Pioneer sounds more laid back and has better overall 'body'.

We also noticed this in Vipers car... We have heard the Energy Package (ESK165 comps + ECX coaxes + ES300 sub + Audison SRx5 amp) with the same cables in many cars, a few of them were Getzs. In Vipers car, as soon as we fired up the system post intall and tuning, it sounded brighter than usual. We realised it was the first time we had paired this exact system in a Getz, with an Alpine HU... considering this was the 9835, a fairly higher rung model, we found it brighter than other similar systems, but Viper prefers that kind of lively, upfront sound, so its great for him...

In the end, lets just STOP generalising Alpines as laid back (vs Pioneers), cuz they clearly arent. Anybody who wants to hear this is welcome to an AB comparison at our office.

Speaking of which, we have something interesting coming your way... watch this space...
dude do you deal in audio electronics ?
i needs a system for my 5 yrold lancer. 5 yrs ago i had a sony dsp which i bought for my bro in that car, he chaned and moved to a safari and took his system with him. what i want is some thing with nice sound clarity not a thumping base but a nice strong base with some body but not ear eafining at high levels.
do advide also let me know where yr shop is i'll stop by
Old 23rd June 2006, 11:32   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe
dude do you deal in audio electronics ?
i needs a system for my 5 yrold lancer. 5 yrs ago i had a sony dsp which i bought for my bro in that car, he chaned and moved to a safari and took his system with him. what i want is some thing with nice sound clarity not a thumping base but a nice strong base with some body but not ear eafining at high levels.
do advide also let me know where yr shop is i'll stop by
WCTB... Hi

No I dont own/run any shops... We are distributors for some car hi-fi brands, and distribute our produts through a few high end installers. We love this thing called car audio and so you will find us hanging out more in dealers workshops and rarely in our own office...

While there are quite a few installers on this forum, the only ones from Delhi (that I know of) are Driven and Autopsyche. While Autopsyche does more project oriented work, Driven is a retailer. Based on what your reuirement is, any of these guys will give you good advice, and will do quality work. This forum isnt a marketplace and any sort of commercial activity is not acceptable. So you can PM them for any further communication.

Most Viewed