Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2017, 09:40   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
My car has an RCD 320, will I require the quad lock connector, or any coding?

Can I just buy, install and forget?

Also, is there a difference in build quality and actual performance?

And lastly, does the display dim upon switching on the headlights?

Yes, you will need quadlock connector for the upgrade without any coding.

Yes, it's pretty simple. You can follow installation guide and if you have any queries, you can PM me.

No difference in sound performance or quality. And FYI RCD 330 plus is manufactured by Desay sv automotive, China.

It looks and feel very upmarket and similar to Harman made systems.

Yes, it dims upon switching on headlights. All the steering wheel controls work too. Even sound is lowered when engaged to reverse gear. (Polo/Vento misses this feature)
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 10:50   #32
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Obligatory Picture in my GT TSI

1. Plug and Play, got a ISO Quadlock connector locally. Literally a 2 minute installation. No coding was required.

2. Amazing improvement in sound clarity from RCD 320. An unexpected bonus.

3. Bought it for Bluetooth convenience. Definitely worth the price.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-img_20170101_125316.jpg  

d_himan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 17:37   #33

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

VAG Guru's
Will this HU(RCD 330 Plus) work in New Rapid Active variant ?
Do we have to change/upgrade anything to make it work with Active variant ?
Old 3rd January 2017, 18:42   #34
BHPian

Has anyone upgraded to the RCD330 plus from the RCD510? Hows the audio quality of the RCD330 plus compared to the RCD510?
Old 4th January 2017, 11:52   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Obligatory Picture in my GT TSI

1. Plug and Play, got a ISO Quadlock connector locally. Literally a 2 minute installation. No coding was required.

2. Amazing improvement in sound clarity from RCD 320. An unexpected bonus.

3. Bought it for Bluetooth convenience. Definitely worth the price.

It's looking nice on your GT TSI with black panel. Yes it is pretty easy to install.

I just love it. RCD 320 had nothing compared to this. Now you don't have to take off your phone from your pocket. Everything is so handy. HU handles everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshwiz07 View Post
VAG Guru's

Will this HU(RCD 330 Plus) work in New Rapid Active variant ?

Do we have to change/upgrade anything to make it work with Active variant ?

If you want to install RCD 330 plus in your Rapid then you have following options.

1. Buy RCD 330 plus (no name brand) with red backlight (usually costs INR 10,000)

2. Buy RCD 330 plus (no name brand) with green backlight (usually costs INR 12,000)

3. Buy RCD 330 plus (desay brand) and use CAN-BUS decoder with it. (usually costs around INR 7,000 for HU + INR 1800 for CAN-BUS)

So the choice is yours. If you buy NO NAME RCD 330 plus, then there are chances that you can upgrade RAM and activate Apple CarPlay by firmware update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Has anyone upgraded to the RCD330 plus from the RCD510? Hows the audio quality of the RCD330 plus compared to the RCD510?

My friend has upgraded in his Jetta. Sound is adequate. According to him, quality is improved. This experience can vary from user to user, so I'm not so sure about it.

But more importantly, touch screen and the feel of HU has improved a lot. RCD 510 felt sluggish and old. This ones fresh and upmarket.
maddyguage is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 19:46   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
Yes, you will need quadlock connector for the upgrade without any coding.

Yes, it's pretty simple. You can follow installation guide and if you have any queries, you can PM me.

No difference in sound performance or quality. And FYI RCD 330 plus is manufactured by Desay sv automotive, China.

It looks and feel very upmarket and similar to Harman made systems.

Yes, it dims upon switching on headlights. All the steering wheel controls work too. Even sound is lowered when engaged to reverse gear. (Polo/Vento misses this feature)

Thanks for your inputs, a few more questions please

1. Will the Jetta also require a Can Bus Decoder?

2. How can I check if my car has an OPS module? (for the parking sensor display on the RCD 330 Plus screen)

Last edited by maglev : 4th January 2017 at 19:48.
Old 5th January 2017, 18:22   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you want to install RCD 330 plus in your Rapid then you have following options.

1. Buy RCD 330 plus (no name brand) with red backlight (usually costs INR 10,000)

2. Buy RCD 330 plus (no name brand) with green backlight (usually costs INR 12,000)

3. Buy RCD 330 plus (desay brand) and use CAN-BUS decoder with it. (usually costs around INR 7,000 for HU + INR 1800 for CAN-BUS)

So the choice is yours. If you buy NO NAME RCD 330 plus, then there are chances that you can upgrade RAM and activate Apple CarPlay by firmware update.
Can you send some links for these No-Name RCD 330 Plus ? And where have you seen people activating Apply CarPlay - might try it.
Old 5th January 2017, 20:25   #38
BHPian

Quote:
My friend has upgraded in his Jetta. Sound is adequate. According to him, quality is improved. This experience can vary from user to user, so I'm not so sure about it.

But more importantly, touch screen and the feel of HU has improved a lot. RCD 510 felt sluggish and old. This ones fresh and upmarket.
Thanks for the feedback. Bit the bullet and ordered one for my Polo. I already have the RCD510 so this should be a plug and play install.
Hells_Fury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 22:03   #39
BHPian

Quote:

So the choice is yours. If you buy NO NAME RCD 330 plus, then there are chances that you can upgrade RAM and activate Apple CarPlay by firmware..
Hi

Could you please explain the difference between no name brand and desay brand and when is a CAN-BUS decoder required?

Thank you!
Old 6th January 2017, 12:16   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Can you send some links for these No-Name RCD 330 Plus ? And where have you seen people activating Apply CarPlay - might try it.
Looks like it already has CarPlay according some Russian forums:

https://vagtuner.ru/shtatnaja-magnit...formy-mqb.html

Not sure if it is the same model we are talking about here. Looks the same though.
Mitz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 13:26   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitz View Post

Not sure if it is the same model we are talking about here. Looks the same though.
Even Vagtune India seems to be offering Apple Play enabled 330 Plus at a exorbitant price. I am more interested to see if it can be sourced from AliExpress.
Old 6th January 2017, 13:49   #42
BHPian

Might be irrelevant to this thread, but I think it is better to go for those DS-611 or the Android HU's. These got much better features and some of the the Android one's support wireless iPhone screen mirroring as well.

Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 13:49   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Thanks for your inputs, a few more questions please

1. Will the Jetta also require a Can Bus Decoder?

2. How can I check if my car has an OPS module? (for the parking sensor display on the RCD 330 Plus screen)
No, it doesn't require CAN-BUS decoder. I'm not sure about OPS in comfortline variant. You should check Team-BHP thread for the same. Never encountered any comfortline Jetta so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
No Name RCD 330 plus : https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...0023.18.UBTImF

You need to ask seller for additional 512 MB RAM ($7).

You can buy No Name RCD($135) + RAM($7) = $142 and solder it yourself and upgrade firmware

or

You can buy ready to use Apple CarPlay RCD = $200

Quote:
Originally Posted by csr9 View Post
Hi

Could you please explain the difference between no name brand and desay brand and when is a CAN-BUS decoder required?
Basically there's no difference whatsoever. But in simple words you can add Apple CarPlay in No Name RCD 330 by soldering 512 MB additional RAM.

Desay RCD works on Win6CE platform whereas No Name RCD works on Linux. If you want to customise your RCD, then you can go for No Name one. Otherwise it's identical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitz View Post

Yes it's exactly same model. You can just buy No Name RCD from above link, buy 512 MB RAM and solder additional RAM to RCD, or just buy complete package with ready to use Apple CarPlay (it's costly though - around $200).

Last edited by maddyguage : 6th January 2017 at 14:10.
Old 6th January 2017, 13:57   #44
BHPian

Quote:
No Name RCD 330 plus : https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...785690045.html

You need to ask seller for additional 512 MB RAM ($7).

You can buy No Name RCD($135) + RAM($7) = $142 and solder it yourself and upgrade firmware
Well, good news. Currently it is listed at USD 98 including shipping...!!
Mitz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 14:20   #45
BHPian

Quote:

or

You can buy ready to use Apple CarPlay RCD = $200

Yes it's exactly same model. You can just buy No Name RCD from above link, buy 512 MB RAM and solder additional RAM to RCD, or just buy complete package with ready to use Apple CarPlay (it's costly though - around $200).
Is it just Apple CarPlay that it comes with the upgraded RAM & Firmware or even Android Auto? If Android Auto can be enabled, that would be one heck of a unit. I've been following the threads about this unit and am contemplating in getting one for my Fabia.

OT: How long did it take for the device to arrive?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks