Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2017, 10:50   #121
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Hi Guys

I am interested in buying the RCD 330G+ For my car although I need some help from you guys..

I have a 2010 Polo petrol Highline.. This version comes with if I am not mistaken, the RCD 300 ( I think ) . Please correct me if I am wrong.

I understand that I need a Canbus Adapter to make this HU work in my car. Can someone please advise me as to which one exactly I need. Is it this one

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM-...00023.5.2mM1W0

If not could someone please send me the link for the right one.. Thanks in advance for the help..

Regards

Suhail Sabharwal
Old 14th February 2017, 12:11   #122
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

[quote=maddyguage;]

Hi Maddyguage

Could you help me with the above please if possible?
Old 14th February 2017, 12:58   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj sulz View Post
This is exactly what u need.
Neugal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 13:46   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neugal View Post
This is exactly what u need.
Thank you so much for your help buddy. Will order immediately !
Old 14th February 2017, 16:28   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Thanks, but my Yeti is the elegance version, and it has can bus, etc. So I'm guessing I can just wait for the carplay version, and then it'll be plug and play?
Sorry for being Naive, I'm not quite well versed with this canbus and other terminologies, I have a 2014 mfr Skoda Rapid elegance and comes with steering controls. Which system would be a perfect one for this? Would prefer a plug and play. Can you please suggest and links if possible?
Old 16th February 2017, 01:49   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishraak View Post
Hello,

Can anyone support in getting the rearview camera configured, I am getting "look Safe to move" on a black screen with brightness and contrast icons.
Hi,

Please see if this helps.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4116245

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 14:19   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

Please see if this helps.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4116245

Regards.
Hello Sir,

I have tried these steps, but to no avail. I am not getting camera error of any sort.

I have even tried wiring the cam directly to 12V and still getting the same result.

If I restart the HU with reverse engaged I get the image once and then just black screen on re-engaging the reverse.

I have ordered another camera from Aliexpress.

Thank you.
Old 22nd February 2017, 14:20   #128
aLY
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
Here is the aliexpress link of GPS module for your RCD 330 plus :
GPS module

DISCLAIMER : This module will only work with DESAY RCD 330 plus. Ask seller before placing an order. You may need to buy mapmyindia SD card for maps to work in India. I'm not sure if that will work.
Any one ordered this item yet? or even had a chat with the dealer on how exactly this upgrade works?

The Aliexpress link doesn't talk anything about the SD card for Navigation, instead it shows a Mobile phone is connected via USB to display the MAP.

I can see a GPS antenna is also bundled with the unit, so it must be a stand alone GPS unit. But we need to confirm the availability of compatible maps for India. As far as I know, the Map My India maps will only work with their own hardware units.
aLY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 20:44   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Ok as I promised, here is complete guide for Rear View Camera installation.
Thanks.
Hi maddygauge, I installed the RCD330g+ on my passat and connected the camera using a constant 12V power source in the boot. I am getting the camera not available error that I am not able to fix. I have reset the system but to no avail.

I think i might be doing the wiring wrong, I powered the camera using a 12 V power and connected the yellow plug to the back of the system using a 5m RCA cable. I have not connect the small red hanging wires from the RCA cable to anything. Are they the reason my camera is not working. Please advise.
Old 28th February 2017, 11:27   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Hi maddygauge, I installed the RCD330g+ on my passat and connected the camera using a constant 12V power source in the boot. I am getting the camera not available error that I am not able to fix. I have reset the system but to no avail.

I think i might be doing the wiring wrong, I powered the camera using a 12 V power and connected the yellow plug to the back of the system using a 5m RCA cable. I have not connect the small red hanging wires from the RCA cable to anything. Are they the reason my camera is not working. Please advise.

First of all order delay timer as I've mentioned in the post. Then connect it with reverse light and give it constant power supply. That should work.

If you don't wanna buy delay, then definitely you have to power canera through 12 V power supply. You're missing black wire from power cable of camera which is ground. Connect that wire to ground and camera will work.

If that doesn't work, check connector at the back of HU. Sometimes pins are in opposite direction. So check that also. Check this steps and update.

Regards,
Madhur.
Old 28th February 2017, 11:36   #131
BHPian

Quote:
First of all order delay timer as I've mentioned in the post. Then connect it with reverse light and give it constant power supply. That should work.

If you don't wanna buy delay, then definitely you have to power canera through 12 V power supply. You're missing black wire from power cable of camera which is ground. Connect that wire to ground and camera will work.

If that doesn't work, check connector at the back of HU. Sometimes pins are in opposite direction. So check that also. Check this steps and update.

Regards,
Madhur.
Thanks.

I got the camera working. The problem was with the Camera adapter cable supplied, The pins were incorrectly matched by the seller so I opened the connector and fixed the connections. They were on 1, 7 position whereas they should be 7 and 12. The camera now works like a charm. Makes the RCD330g a worthy upgrade.

For power I am using a constant 12 V from the 12V socket in the boot, so no need for ground as it is already grounded. The single RCA cable was run from the boot to the HU from the passenger side. The trigger wire was not needed as the system is controlled by canbus. After coding, i had to hold the power button for 10 secs to get the camera working.

Cheers. Appreciate your help on this.
Old 28th February 2017, 22:57   #132
BHPian

Hi guys.

So I ordered the rcd330g plus. Just received it today along with the canbus adapter.

I am facing two problems -

1. When I turn off the car the lights on the system don't go off. And also if the HU is on and I turn off the car and pull out the key, the system stays on ( and lights as well ). Basically the lights stay on all the time. Even when I don't turn the head lights on the HU lights are illuminated.

2. When I try to connect the Bluetooth, I get the message turn on ignition for Bluetooth. But my car is on and running and I still get this msg and cannot connect.

I ordered the HU and the canbus together from the seller ( Kathy ) and also checked with this forum as to which one to buy and I think I bought the right one.

Please help me get this working right.

Thanks.
Old 28th February 2017, 23:56   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys.

So I ordered the rcd330g plus. Just received it today along with the canbus adapter.

I am facing two problems -

1. When I turn off the car the lights on the system don't go off. And also if the HU is on and I turn off the car and pull out the key, the system stays on ( and lights as well ). Basically the lights stay on all the time. Even when I don't turn the head lights on the HU lights are illuminated.

2. When I try to connect the Bluetooth, I get the message turn on ignition for Bluetooth. But my car is on and running and I still get this msg and cannot connect.

I ordered the HU and the canbus together from the seller ( Kathy ) and also checked with this forum as to which one to buy and I think I bought the right one.

Please help me get this working right.

Thanks.
Hello,

Actually I just read your post today and I was about to reply for your query, but I was outside so couldn't reply. Sorry for the delay.

First of all you have to buy CANBUS-simulator from here -CANBUS-simulator.

Just replace your old CANBUS adapter and done. Everything will work.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 07:57   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

Actually I just read your post today and I was about to reply for your query, but I was outside so couldn't reply. Sorry for the delay.

First of all you have to buy CANBUS-simulator from here -CANBUS-simulator.

Just replace your old CANBUS adapter and done. Everything will work.

Thanks for you help. Firstly you are helping everyone here tremendously and I really appreciate it. Please do not apologise for delay.

Secondly is this canbus adapter available in India ( specifically Bangalore ) by any chance? Otherwise will have to wait 60 days for the new one to come from Ali express :/ and I'm so excited to get it working asap

Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 13:31   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for you help. Firstly you are helping everyone here tremendously and I really appreciate it. Please do not apologise for delay.

Secondly is this canbus adapter available in India ( specifically Bangalore ) by any chance? Otherwise will have to wait 60 days for the new one to come from Ali express :/ and I'm so excited to get it working asap

Thanks
You can check with Auto Fusion or Top Gear in Koramangala. When i enquiring with them about changing my HU - they did mention they can get the Canbus adapter.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed