Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2017, 17:19   #61
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Installed RCD330+ today, works great thanks maddy for all the help.
==========
However OPS display doesn't turn off for 10 seconds even after de-engaging the reverse gear. How to fix this ?
This is how it works by default. The OPS display stays on for another 10-15 seconds or till the vehicle's speed goes above 15 KM/Hr. I am not too sure if this can be modified via VCDS, but I have actually found this feature to be really helpful.

Last edited by VivekCherian : 13th January 2017 at 17:28.
Old 13th January 2017, 17:24   #62
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet1712 View Post
Quick question , what do you do with your RCD320 . Have you sold it or just keeping it as a backup
Planning to Sell it but don't know if anyone is interested in it.
Old 14th January 2017, 10:51   #63
BHPian

Hello Maddygauge,

I was in the process of installing the RCD330G Plus in my Polo and have a doubt with the wiring of the two loose wires(Canbus+ and Canbus-) and where exactly they go in the quadlock to ISO connector.

Attachment 1595048

Can I activate CarPlay on this one with a possible firmware update?

Saw this on Vagtune's, they seem to be selling them with an option for CarPlay.
http://www.vagtune.in/secure/car-typ...d035187-detail
Old 14th January 2017, 12:23   #64
BHPian

Hello Maddyguage,

Thank you for the detailed DIY information on the HU upgrade. I was just installing the RCD330G Plus on my Polo TSI and I had a doubt with the two loose wires in the quadlock to ISO connector. I understood where its supposed to connect(Pin 1 and 5 for canbus + & - respectively) but I had a doubt with how in connects into the (black) 8 pin ISO.

I couldn't get the Album Artwork to work when I played music off my phone. Is there a way to get this working? Also about Apple Carplay, can I somehow get it working with a firmwire upgrade or something on the RCD330G Plus(Desay)?

Vagtune seems to be selling the RCD330G Plus with an option for Carplay. Here's the link
Philip.Mathew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2017, 12:26   #65
BHPian

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera ins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Installed RCD330+ today, works great thanks maddy for all the help.

Card had come with RCD320 as stock on Vento 2013 Highline and OPS works without any issues.

However OPS display doesn't turn off for 10 seconds even after de-engaging the reverse gear. How to fix this ?

Pleasures all mine. You can change speed limit for OPS via VCDS. It's very simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivekCherian View Post
This is how it works by default. The OPS display stays on for another 10-15 seconds or till the vehicle's speed goes above 15 KM/Hr. I am not too sure if this can be modified via VCDS, but I have actually found this feature to be really helpful.

Yes you're right. It's very useful feature. Yes you can set desired speed limit for OPS using VCDS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip.Mathew View Post
Hello Maddygauge,

I was in the process of installing the RCD330G Plus in my Polo and have a doubt with the wiring of the two loose wires(Canbus+ and Canbus-) and where exactly they go in the quadlock to ISO connector.

Attachment 1595048

Can I activate CarPlay on this one with a possible firmware update?

CAN+ and CAN- goes to pin 1 and 5 respectively in black ISO harness.

Yes you can activate CarPlay in RCD 330+ but it possibly changes button orientation in the unit. However you can wait for a better firmware fix.

I'm not sure about VAGTUNE RCD 330. You have to ask Sugesh about the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet1712 View Post
Quick question , what do you do with your RCD320 . Have you sold it or just keeping it as a backup

You can sell it using Team-BHP classifieds. Just post an ad on it.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2017, 12:45   #66
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera ins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post

CAN+ and CAN- goes to pin 1 and 5 respectively in black ISO harness.

Yes you can activate CarPlay in RCD 330+ but it possibly changes button orientation in the unit. However you can wait for a better firmware fix.
Thank you!

I shall wait for a better firmwire update for Apple Carplay if that's the case but if I wanted to give Carplay a go on this beta firmwire, where can I possibly source it?

Can we get the Album Artwork to work when playing music from the phone? It doesn't seem to be working now.
Old 14th January 2017, 18:13   #67
Senior - BHPian

I upgraded the RCD 320 in my Jetta CL today to the RCD 330 Plus. It was a simple 10 min job thanks to the detailed instructions in first post!

While everything is working fine - i had a few queries

- Album art doest appear when BT streaming (havent tried USB playback) - is there a way to enable this ?
- Is there a way to put some Album Art against the FM stations ?
- I have parking sensors in my car - both front and rear. When i engage reverse - music stops and beeps come on but no display on HU. Is there a way to enable the OPS display ? Do i need to do VCDS coding or i need to add any module ?
ethanhunt123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 21:14   #68
BHPian

Apple Carplay on RCD330G Plus

I did some research reading through a couple of Russian forums that have extensive information on this firmware update and here are the results.

There are two manufacturers for the RCD330G Plus, namely 'Desay' and 'Noname'.

Desay RCD330G Plus

As Maddygauge earlier mentioned it is based on the WinCE 6.0 and this doesn't seem to support the Multifunction wheel of Skoda and also doesn't have the Green backlight to match Skoda interiors. A firmware update for the Desay HU is unlikely from what I understood but I am optimistically hoping for an update.

Noname RCD330G Plus

This one is built on the Linux OS and is apparently customisable for both Skoda and VW with additional 512RAM and firmware update for Carplay. I even came across the firmware update file link (around 200mb file) but according to the people who have tried the updated firmware on the forum, it has bugs like the right hand buttons switch commands and bugs with the onscreen icons for Carplay.

The good news is that the 'Noname' firmware update will be sorted out soon with the bugs removed since there is a lot of interest from the Chinese and Russian folks trying to figure things out with this HU.

Regarding the Album Artwork, I guess we would have to make that a sacrifice and carry on with the blank Album artwork until someone figures it out.

I am so far pleased with the Desay unit, the touchscreen is responsive and the whole unit feels smooth and well integrated. The sound quality has actually improved slightly from what I feel compared to the RCD320. The only fly in the ointment being the fact that an update for the Desay unit firmware to incorporate Carplay isn't present right now, maybe in the future there will be an update.

P.S. I read through the Russian forums with the help of google translating my whole webpage! I can post the links to the Russian forums if anyone is interested in going through the same. Also if anyone here knows any information regarding the firmware update for the Desay HU do share the details.

Last edited by Philip.Mathew : 15th January 2017 at 21:40.
Philip.Mathew is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 21:58   #69
BHPian

Dear Friends, I was very keen on upgrading the music system on my Polo though not required. Its just out of curiosity and the affordable price being two main reasons that I just placed order. Hope everything goes smoothly. Amen
Old 16th January 2017, 17:37   #70
Senior - BHPian

I'm very much interested in getting this system but i have a few questions-

1) How is the contact list integration in this system? Do we have options for recent calls, favorites etc?- This is a critical feature my dad needs over the RCD 320

2) How does it work with Android Auto app on the phone?
In the RCD 320, whenever I use the app, I need to play the music from my phone in order to get instructions from Google maps, text message readouts etc. If the music is being played from CD/SD card/USB, these features don't work! Heck, I wont even get the Google Maps' instructions directly from the phone either. Only the calls get filtered through. Does the situation become better?

3) I don't have a VCDS cable. What would happen if I don't do the necessary tweaking? No, I won't be installing the rear camera.

4) How is the Bluetooth mic reception? In the RCD 320, people on the other side of the line complain that they can't hear properly.
Old 16th January 2017, 21:53   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
I'm very much interested in getting this system but i have a few questions-

1) How is the contact list integration in this system? Do we have options for recent calls, favorites etc?- This is a critical feature my dad needs over the RCD 320

2) How does it work with Android Auto app on the phone?
In the RCD 320, whenever I use the app, I need to play the music from my phone in order to get instructions from Google maps, text message readouts etc. If the music is being played from CD/SD card/USB, these features don't work! Heck, I wont even get the Google Maps' instructions directly from the phone either. Only the calls get filtered through. Does the situation become better?

3) I don't have a VCDS cable. What would happen if I don't do the necessary tweaking? No, I won't be installing the rear camera.

4) How is the Bluetooth mic reception? In the RCD 320, people on the other side of the line complain that they can't hear properly.
1. Contact integration works perfectly - you can see who is calling, recent call list etc.
2. Android Auto doesnt work - same as RCD320. If you play music from phone everything works otherwise it wont.
3. VCDS isnt required if you are not installing rear camera.
4. BT is working fine so far - but then i didnt have an issue with RCD320 as well.

All in all i think this is the bext VFM upgrade from RCD320 for around 7k.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 20:08   #72
BHPian

Installed the RCD330 Plus in my Polo on the weekend. I had placed the order on 4th Jan and received the unit on 11th Jan. Shipping was via Aramex. I already had the RCD510 prior to this so the installation was a plug and play affair for me. Here are my observations:

1. Audio quality seems to have improved compared to the RCD 510.
2. Engaging reverse gear does not pause the audio playing from my USB drive, it just goes on mute. In the RCD510 the playback is paused on engaging reverse.
3. Mirrorlink works great with my HTC M8 EYE. I did not have any compatible apps installed other than the HTC Car app so I didn't play around much.
4. Touch experience is miles ahead of the RCD510, it feels so much smoother.
5. Bluetooth integration is also way better than the RCD510 which had no on-screen information at all regarding whats going on on the phone.

PS: I did not get the reverse camera since I didn't feel that I needed it.

Here's the link to the product I bought, I had a good experience with this seller earlier as well.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/6-5-...785690045.html
Hells_Fury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 23:04   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Apple Carplay on RCD330G Plus

I did some research reading through a couple of Russian forums that have extensive information on this firmware update and here are the results.

There are two manufacturers for the RCD330G Plus, namely 'Desay' and 'Noname'.

Desay RCD330G Plus

As Maddygauge earlier mentioned it is based on the WinCE 6.0 and this doesn't seem to support the Multifunction wheel of Skoda and also doesn't have the Green backlight to match Skoda interiors. A firmware update for the Desay HU is unlikely from what I understood but I am optimistically hoping for an update.

Noname RCD330G Plus

This one is built on the Linux OS and is apparently customisable for both Skoda and VW with additional 512RAM and firmware update for Carplay. I even came across the firmware update file link (around 200mb file) but according to the people who have tried the updated firmware on the forum, it has bugs like the right hand buttons switch commands and bugs with the onscreen icons for Carplay.

The good news is that the 'Noname' firmware update will be sorted out soon with the bugs removed since there is a lot of interest from the Chinese and Russian folks trying to figure things out with this HU.

Regarding the Album Artwork, I guess we would have to make that a sacrifice and carry on with the blank Album artwork until someone figures it out.

I am so far pleased with the Desay unit, the touchscreen is responsive and the whole unit feels smooth and well integrated. The sound quality has actually improved slightly from what I feel compared to the RCD320. The only fly in the ointment being the fact that an update for the Desay unit firmware to incorporate Carplay isn't present right now, maybe in the future there will be an update.

P.S. I read through the Russian forums with the help of google translating my whole webpage! I can post the links to the Russian forums if anyone is interested in going through the same. Also if anyone here knows any information regarding the firmware update for the Desay HU do share the details.
Thanks Philip for researching this, I think It may be worthwhile to wait for a new product that supports iPlay and comes with more firepower(RAM).

Can Deasy or Noname RCD 330 Plus be installed on any VW Vento variant, or is it dependent on PQ35 platform.
rauldsouza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 00:19   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauldsouza View Post
Thanks Philip for researching this, I think It may be worthwhile to wait for a new product that supports iPlay and comes with more firepower(RAM).

Can Deasy or Noname RCD 330 Plus be installed on any VW Vento variant, or is it dependent on PQ35 platform.
You're welcome! Yes, you are right, it would be best to wait for the new product that would support CarPlay out of the box and would also have more RAM rather than trying to do a beta firmware update.

There is a chance for a new RCD330G Plus with the rearranged right side panel buttons, in which the MUTE button would be replaced by an APP button and the other two buttons (PHONE & SETUP) remaining the same. I am guessing this would be sold as a new product and would have built in CarPlay.

A representative image

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-img_7701.jpg

Regarding the options available for sale now, it's the Desay or Noname RCD330G Plus and both can be installed on the VW Vento Variant. If upgrading from the RCD320 then you would also require the Quadlock to ISO connector.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th January 2017 at 00:25. Reason: Your -> You're.
Old 19th January 2017, 09:42   #75
BHPian

Thanks Philip, just contacted the seller who has one ready with inbuilt 512 MB RAM.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DHL-...00023.1.9SAMI4

I still need to research this out.

Quote:
You're welcome! Yes, you are right, it would be best to wait for the new product that would support CarPlay out of the box and would also have more RAM rather than trying to do a beta firmware update.

There is a chance for a new RCD330G Plus with the rearranged right side panel buttons, in which the MUTE button would be replaced by an APP button and the other two buttons (PHONE & SETUP) remaining the same. I am guessing this would be sold as a new product and would have built in CarPlay.

A representative image

Attachment 1596835

Regarding the options available for sale now, it's the Desay or Noname RCD330G Plus and both can be installed on the VW Vento Variant. If upgrading from the RCD320 then you would also require the Quadlock to ISO connector.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks