Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2017, 19:57   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Hey Maddy,

Your thread on the RCD 330G Plus has been very helpful. Almost everybody who has this car has upgraded to the same HU!

I want to purchase the Carplay supported unit from the same seller as you did: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...999.264.fLatU0

I don't know which is the ISO to Quad connector for this? I've asked the seller for the info, but will appreciate if you can lend a helping hand in finding it (is it the same part that works for all the HUs?). I drive the Jetta CL TDI.

Looking for quick help plz.

@ All - Do you guys think that the RCD with Carplay is worth the extra money (100 USD), or not? My prime usage for Carplay will be Youtube song play and Google maps.

Regards,
Abhishek

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 31st July 2017 at 19:59.
Old 31st July 2017, 22:37   #212
BHPian

Has anyone tried the RCD 330G plus on the VW Ameo?
Old 1st August 2017, 14:31   #213
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
My prime usage for Carplay will be Youtube song play and Google maps.
Hi Abhi, I think Apple carplay does not support Google Maps. It only works with Apple Maps. You might wanna wait for the Android Market RCD330 Plus version to arrive, as posted earlier on this thread.
Old 1st August 2017, 15:11   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
Has anyone tried the RCD 330G plus on the VW Ameo?
Pathik, I have replaced the stock RCD330G with RCD330G Plus on my Ameo TDI highline. Its a 10 min. plug and play job. Works flawless.
sandyjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 21:26   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyjee View Post
Pathik, I have replaced the stock RCD330G with RCD330G Plus on my Ameo TDI highline. Its a 10 min. plug and play job. Works flawless.
Sorry for going OT, but do you own the DSG model or non automatic ? How's the experience been like. It is one of the cars in the list of cars I am strongly considering to buy.
Old 2nd August 2017, 16:03   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetzap View Post
Hi Abhi, I think Apple carplay does not support Google Maps. It only works with Apple Maps. You might wanna wait for the Android Market RCD330 Plus version to arrive, as posted earlier on this thread.
Hmm...that limits the functionality. However, since this is a limitation with Carplay and not the HU, it may still make sense to invest in HU. When the functionality becomes available in Carplay, I can use it with the same HU. It's a current problem thoug - since both me and wifey are on Apple, and plan on remaining associated for a long time!

I've gone ahead and placed the order for the Carplay one. Let's see when it arrives.

In another interesting news - the Vendor suggested that there is no need for the ISO to Quad connector for Jetta, which in on RCD320. So, I haven't ordered that. She suggested that it should be plug-and-play.
Old 2nd August 2017, 19:41   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmm...that limits the functionality. However, since this is a limitation with Carplay and not the HU, it may still make sense to invest in HU. When the functionality becomes available in Carplay, I can use it with the same HU. It's a current problem thoug - since both me and wifey are on Apple, and plan on remaining associated for a long time!

I've gone ahead and placed the order for the Carplay one. Let's see when it arrives.

In another interesting news - the Vendor suggested that there is no need for the ISO to Quad connector for Jetta, which in on RCD320. So, I haven't ordered that. She suggested that it should be plug-and-play.
Which HU do you have on the Jetta right now ? If it is anything other than RCD510 - then you need a ISO to Quad connector
Old 3rd August 2017, 14:29   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
Sorry for going OT, but do you own the DSG model or non automatic ? How's the experience been like. It is one of the cars in the list of cars I am strongly considering to buy.
Yes I own the DSG variant and the experience so far has been nothing less than extraordinary. Just completed 13k kms and the car has impressed with both driving capability as well as road manners during city and highway drives.
sandyjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2017, 23:01   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetzap View Post
Hi Abhi, I think Apple carplay does not support Google Maps. It only works with Apple Maps. .
Quote:
Hmm...that limits the functionality. However, since this is a limitation with Carplay and not the HU, it may still make sense to invest in HU.
Apple Car Play doesn't support maps in India at all. This was true till 2 months ago.
Old 5th August 2017, 12:02   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Apple Car Play doesn't support maps in India at all. This was true till 2 months ago.
What do you mean ? Does Apple Maps navigation work in India now ? Not as per Apple

https://www.apple.com/in/ios/feature...y-applecarplay
Old 5th August 2017, 23:31   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
What do you mean ? Does Apple Maps navigation work in India now ? Not as per Apple

https://www.apple.com/in/ios/feature...y-applecarplay
Last I check, it does not. But given the pace at which these things evolve, I thought it best to put in a caveat. Some Chinese firm has released a product called Mesuit which allows you to run Android on an iPhone. So there is always a workaround I guess.
Old 15th August 2017, 19:20   #222
RMB
BHPian

Guys, can you please give me pointers to where I can buy RCD 330g plus for my skoda rapid with green back light? Which site is reliable. Anyone in India stocks it? Thanks.
Old 15th August 2017, 20:03   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
Guys, can you please give me pointers to where I can buy RCD 330g plus for my skoda rapid with green back light? Which site is reliable. Anyone in India stocks it? Thanks.
Try Vagtune or ebay.in
Old 15th August 2017, 21:17   #224
RMB
BHPian

Thanks. Vagtune is quoting 25k for the Skoda system. Will try ebay.
Old 16th August 2017, 16:08   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
Thanks. Vagtune is quoting 25k for the Skoda system. Will try ebay.
Why dont you order from Aliexpress ? You should get it in a week or 2

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks