Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2018, 20:34   #331
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep.rana View Post
Okay don't delete anything for now. Do one thing, try to contact seller on AliExpress, if I am not wrong you bought it from seller named Yacht. He has changed his store name to something else. You should also contact Desay SV through their website http://en.desaysv.com and see if they can be of any help.

Going on long drives without any music, man that gotta suck!
The seller was Bodenla. Nevertheless, I will check with them and update here.
Mr.mitsuvolk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 22:30   #332
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
Dear members,

I met an unexpected dead end while trying to update the firmware of my RCD 330g plus 087A with the Red theme update. I have been trying to update to red theme but when I selected Update software and then update NAVI. AFter that there was no blue windows CE screen, it is stuck on Software Updating window 0%.
There is also an error tab opened at the bottom, I have attached image of the same.

I tried to run Total Commander using the RUN fuction and successfully copied all the files but still when I restart the player by long pressing the power button it comes back to the Software updating screen.

Anyone else who has faced similar issue while updating the firmware?
Quoting my own post since I have successfully revived my Radio after nearly losing it. All credit goes to fellow BHPian navdeep.rana. He gave me several hours of his time, and he kept working on it without giving up. He literally dug up till the root of the problem and ultimately solved my issue. Now my Radio runs normally and has the red theme as well. I had almost made up my mind for ordering a new unit but he constantly stopped me, little did I know that he had taken up the challenge of solving this problem on his own. I must mention that both Navdeep and I searched the Internet a lot but we could not find any documented solution for this problem, also the Aliexpress seller from whom I bought the radio said that they have faced the same issue and could not revive the Radio.

So, it is Navdeep who has actually found a solution and I will let him document it himself in a separate post so that anyone who accidentally ends up in a situation like mine does not have to face so much agony. Big thanks to you brother
Mr.mitsuvolk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 23:19   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Quoting my own post since I have successfully revived my Radio after nearly losing it. All credit goes to fellow BHPian navdeep.rana. He gave me several hours of his time, and he kept working on it without giving up. He literally dug up till the root of the problem and ultimately solved my issue. Now my Radio runs normally and has the red theme as well. I had almost made up my mind for ordering a new unit but he constantly stopped me, little did I know that he had taken up the challenge of solving this problem on his own. I must mention that both Navdeep and I searched the Internet a lot but we could not find any documented solution for this problem, also the Aliexpress seller from whom I bought the radio said that they have faced the same issue and could not revive the Radio.

So, it is Navdeep who has actually found a solution and I will let him document it himself in a separate post so that anyone who accidentally ends up in a situation like mine does not have to face so much agony. Big thanks to you brother
Thanks a lot Mr.mitsuvolk. So anyone facing a similar issue like Mr.mitsuvolk where while updating RCD 330G Plus with Red theme, if the update is stuck at 0%, and there was an error pop up showing issues while writing to test009.txt file, simply do the following thing:
  1. Replace the Cancle60s.mscr in the root folder of the Red theme with the file that I am providing here.
  2. Put all the other original files in the SDcard along with Cancle60s.mscr that I have provided here and then try to start the update process again.
  3. It should work without any problem.

DropBox Link-> Cancle60s.mscr
navdeep.rana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2018, 18:09   #334
BHPian

Hi everyone , like most of you I have updated my system to RCD 330 plus.
Now I want to have google maps and I am not able to find how to mirror this using my iPhone 7.
Couple of days back I saw a polo with same system and he was playing YouTube on his system, I was not able to ask him how but now I know that it's possible but how? Possibly he cranked his system to some setting or some app on jail broken iPhone that allow to stream. Please help if any one have any idea about this.
Old 25th April 2018, 18:53   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet1712 View Post
Hi everyone , like most of you I have updated my system to RCD 330 plus.
Now I want to have google maps and I am not able to find how to mirror this using my iPhone 7.
Couple of days back I saw a polo with same system and he was playing YouTube on his system, I was not able to ask him how but now I know that it's possible but how? Possibly he cranked his system to some setting or some app on jail broken iPhone that allow to stream. Please help if any one have any idea about this.
There is a way to mirror an android phone to the Radio but you cannot do the same with an iPhone. Even mirroring android phone is not really straight forward, IMO it is very cumbersome. You can refer to Post#206 or this video in case you wish to mirror some android phone.

P.S. : Proceed with this carefully, I have tried to change the theme earlier on my radio and I got badly stuck. You may or may not encounter any hurdle.

Good luck
Old 26th April 2018, 07:05   #336

The link you shared don't work & I couldn't find with a price tag of $100. Can you please share new link for all the items i need to buy to install it ( HU, rear camera unit, cables, connectors etc...)

Thank you.

Below link doesn't work.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/6-5-...732885460.html
Old 26th April 2018, 07:52   #337

I see two models of trunk opener, can you tell which one should I buy?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...2f53756dTiioRJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
So after installing delay timer, rear view camera is working like a charm. I was busy so couldn't upload a video.

Attachment 1618988

Connection is pretty simple.

Connect BLUE to REVERSE.

Connect RED to ACC.

Connect BLACK to GROUND.

Here is video after installing delay timer to aftermarket camera.
Can you please share the link to purchase the related items including HU, cables, camera etc. (Many of the Aliexpress links are broken) It will be very help if you can do a single post where all parts & installation information is mentioned in detail.

Appreciate for your help.

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th April 2018 at 08:45. Reason: Removing video from quoted post.
Old 27th April 2018, 16:49   #338
BHPian

Hi all

I just installed an RCD330 skoda version on my friend's 2007 Skoda Laura. The unit is working, but we were unable to get the reverse camera to work.

When the reverse gear is engaged, the unit shows a black screen with the words "Look! Safe to Move?" - camera not coming on

We checked if the camera is working by connecting it to LED TV and giving power via battery - camera is working fine.

What could be the issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishraak View Post

Can anyone please tell me why canbus simulator is required for installing rcd330? Some aliexpress sellers are stating that this is required for cars older than 2009 - may this be the reason that reverse camera is not working?

Thanks

Last edited by Games Goblin : 27th April 2018 at 16:54.
Old 2nd May 2018, 16:11   #339
BHPian

Quote:
There is a way to mirror an android phone to the Radio but you cannot do the same with an iPhone. Even mirroring android phone is not really straight forward, IMO it is very cumbersome.

Good luck
Have you or anyone tried using NGXPLAY on iPhone, you have to jailbreak your iPhone and then download it from CYDIA. I am planning to do it this week and update if it works
Old 4th May 2018, 12:27   #340
BHPian

Hi, just upgraded to the RCD 330 Plus with Carplay in my 2012 Vento TDi Highline. There is no rear camera and it always throws up this error on reversing, instead of switching to the OPS display, when reverse is engaged. I have to press the OPS icon to get the OPS display, although I get the audio beep.

Any pointers on how to have OPS display work by default, when reverse is engaged ?
Old 4th May 2018, 14:45   #341
BHPian

[quote=vineet1712;4394415]Have you or anyone tried using NGXPLAY "

NGXPlay is quite buggy There is another alternative that is in beta, but pretty much blows NGXPlay out of the water. Search for "Carbridge" on google / reddit.
Please do this only if you are comfortable handling jailbroken devices and installing ipa files.

I now have google maps as well as safari /youtube/ hotstar running off my phone on to the head unit of my car
veeru27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 19:05   #342
BHPian

[quote=veeru27;4395437]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet1712 View Post
Search for "Carbridge" on google / reddit.
Please do this only if you are comfortable handling jailbroken devices and installing ipa files.

I now have google maps as well as safari /Youtube/ hotstar running off my phone on to the head unit of my car

Yup checked various videos for carbridge. Can you shed some light on how you got YouTube, Google maps on head unit.
I have iPhone 7 running on ios 11.3, I plan to jailbreak it with Electra and then get carbridge, but have been hearing about compatibility issue with latest IOS.
Old 6th May 2018, 10:17   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvedup View Post
Any pointers on how to have OPS display work by default, when reverse is engaged ?
I think there is an option to disable reverse camera in VCDS. Please try as that would default to OPS.
Old 6th May 2018, 16:03   #344
BHPian

@vineet1772.
Am still on IOS 10.3.2. So no idea about issues on Electra JB. Almost all apps that support landscape operate well.
Old 6th May 2018, 20:07   #345
BHPian

[quote=vineet1712;4395614]
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeru27 View Post

Yup checked various videos for carbridge. Can you shed some light on how you got YouTube, Google maps on head unit.

I have iPhone 7 running on ios 11.3, I plan to jailbreak it with Electra and then get carbridge, but have been hearing about compatibility issue with latest IOS.

Electra was for iOS 11-11.1. There is no jailbreak out for iOS 11.3.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks