Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2017, 16:13   #226
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
Thanks. Vagtune is quoting 25k for the Skoda system. Will try ebay.
I have seen one available on ebay.in for about 7.5k. The seller is from HK I think so it is the same as ordering from AliExpress I guess.
Old 16th August 2017, 22:52   #227
RMB
BHPian

It says red backlight in the ebay model. I will try to contact the vendor to check he has one with green backlight. Thanks for the pointer.
Old 23rd August 2017, 20:17   #228
RMB
BHPian

Finally ordered the 330g plus 187A noname brand for Skoda along with iso to quadlock converter from ebay. Costed 10K. Might receive in 15days. Hope the steering controls and mirrorlink works. Thanks to this thread for wealth of info and pointers 😊
RMB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 14:41   #229
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Quote:
Finally ordered the 330g plus 187A noname brand for Skoda along with iso to quadlock converter from ebay. Costed 10K. Might receive in 15days. Hope the steering controls and mirrorlink works. Thanks to this thread for wealth of info and pointers 😊
Hey, possible to share the Ebay link? And does it come with the green background light? Are you planning to DIY or get it fixed elsewhere? I'm also on the look out for a HU upgrade for my Rapid but haven't heard from anyone of a successful install!
Old 24th August 2017, 15:18   #230
RMB
BHPian

http://m.ebay.com/itm/No-name-Brand-...%257Ciid%253A5

Above is the link. Yes, it comes with green backlight. I can update back after I install it. I'll get it installed outside, not too confident on DIY.
RMB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 15:20   #231
BHPian

Those of you, who are looking to upgrade to RCD330G Plus should wait for some more time for the latest RCD330G Plus which comes with Android Auto.
It is being discussed and confirmed on other threads that RCD330G now comes with Mirrorlink, Android Auto and Apple Carplay on latest (2017) Polo and Ameo.
Ameo Brochure confirms these features for Highline Plus trim.
I have put my plans to upgrade from RCD330G to RCD330G Plus on hold and will wait till these Head Units are available on Ali Express.
meetzap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 12:42   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immix View Post
I came across a couple of threads at drive2.ru by a developer community called MQBCode Thread 1 and Thread 2 that claim to have enabled Android Auto in the noname version of the RCD330 plus with 512 MB RAM.
So I contacted the MQBCode guys and they said they will sell the android auto enabled RCD330 plus for around 16k Rubles (17.5k INR) before customs and shipping. But since they are just a bunch of enthusiasts and not a company, they will only do the transaction via PayPal. However, they have not shared their PayPal details yet and have also stopped responding to my messages now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetzap View Post
Those of you, who are looking to upgrade to RCD330G Plus should wait for some more time for the latest RCD330G Plus which comes with Android Auto.
It is being discussed and confirmed on other threads that RCD330G now comes with Mirrorlink, Android Auto and Apple Carplay on latest (2017) Polo and Ameo.
Ameo Brochure confirms these features for Highline Plus trim.
I have put my plans to upgrade from RCD330G to RCD330G Plus on hold and will wait till these Head Units are available on Ali Express.
This can turn out to be a much better option if VW decides to offer the Android Auto enabled RCD 330 Plus as a dealer fitment option at a reasonable price. I just don't think they will price it as low as those available on AliExpress. We'll have to wait and find out.
Old 2nd September 2017, 19:03   #233
RMB
BHPian

Guys need help with installation of rcd 330g plus for skoda rapid. I got the system delivered yesterday along with iso to quadlock convertor. I tried the DIY installation, but ended up with issue. I connected the quadlock to the new system and then the orange and black Iso sockets to the car sockets of same color. Immediately the wire on the convertor got burnt. Did I do anything incorrect or the issue was with iso to quadlock convertor? My guess is the convertor was defective and had short circuit. Also could not figure what to do the 2 wires can+ and can-. Need your expert advice. Anyways I have to source a new convertor now. Have put back the old system and no issues with its working.
Old 2nd September 2017, 21:46   #234
RMB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
Installed RCD 330 plus on my 2016 1.5 TDI Vento highline DSG.
Can you please explain point 3 about Can+ and Can-. Also could you please suggest what could have gone wrong for wire to burn in my previous message.

For Bangalore folks, any idea where I can source the ISO to Quadlock convertor. Thanks.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd September 2017 at 06:32. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 3rd September 2017, 08:49   #235
BHPian

Quote:
For Bangalore folks, any idea where I can source the ISO to Quadlock convertor. Thanks.
I've got one and i stay in Whitefield. If you need, you can collect it.
Old 3rd September 2017, 09:29   #236
RMB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
I've got one and i stay in Whitefield. If you need, you can collect it.
Thank you smnrock. The seller has promised to send another one. If he does not, I'll collect it.
Old 4th September 2017, 09:45   #237
BHPian

I am buying the below from Aliexpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Andr...779223030.html

I have a 2011 Fabia with "Beat" music system. Would I need a quadlock or ISO power cable?

Also I tried opening the current music system but the screw head is different (not Philips). Is it easy to get screq driver or is it allen key?

Any help would be appreciated.

~m
Old 8th September 2017, 00:08   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by serious_maniac View Post
Also I tried opening the current music system but the screw head is different (not Philips). Is it easy to get screq driver or is it allen key?

Any help would be appreciated.

~m
Hi,

You can buy these if you work regularly on your car. This will come in handy for most of the screws

https://www.amazon.in/Stanley-STHT68...ibutes=desktop

https://www.amazon.in/Stanley-680712...Y6VF271ZY8H1WN

You will get it cheaper on shop than on Amazon.

Regards.
Old 8th September 2017, 13:04   #239
BHPian

Hey Guys,

I got this reverse camera installation done by Auto Fusion in Koramangala (Bangalore). The camera works just fine, the picture quality is decent, even in rain and low light. The only issue is that the guide lines are all out of sync. They point to an area that is much smaller than the width of the car.

The one potential issue that I see is with the steering mounted "Call" key after the camera installation. It still lets me answer/end ongoing calls, however, it will not dial a new number for me. Now, since I had gotten it done almost right after buying the car, I am not even sure what the default behavior should be. If your HU (RCD330G +) in my case, is on the phone screen, what should pressing the "call" button on the steering do? I have noticed that it brings me to the phone screen if I'm on some other screen, but that's about it.

@mods - This is slightly off-topic here, but I suspect that if its a problem, it was due to the VCDS coding done by the shop. Please do let me know if I need to move this reply.
Old 8th September 2017, 15:20   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady8701 View Post
If your HU (RCD330G +) in my case, is on the phone screen, what should pressing the "call" button on the steering do? I have noticed that it brings me to the phone screen if I'm on some other screen, but that's about it.
I have RCD330g on my Highline Vento TSI without the reverse camera and if I recall correctly, this is exactly how it behaves. So Shady, I think you're good with the current behaviour of your RCD330g+.
meetzap is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks