Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2017, 23:20   #301
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Hi All,

Thanks to all the members for all their inputs and sharing the knowledge.

I have also ordered the RCD 330G PLUS with Apple Car Play version along with the ISO to Quadlock converter. I received the packaging in a good state and all items too. I am planning to install it on my Vento TSI Highline - 2014 make. The seller has been helpful thus far and provided many details through the entire process.

The ISO to Quadlock convertor is without the simulator and comes with 2 open wires for CAN+ and CAN-

However, while trying to DIY I am facing a couple of confusions:
1. As per initial topics, the CAN+ and CAN- should be connected with the existing 'black' ISO connector in slots 1 and 5 respectively. However, the existing black connector already has two connected wires. Should I remove those are fix the CAN+ and CAN- wires from the Quadlock connector?

2. Would the steering controls work? What has been the experience by others?

3. Or should I order the ISO to Quadlock connector with the Simulator? - However, I am being told that that may not have the steering controls working.

4. Else, is it fine that I should go ahead and connect the CAN+ and CAN- wires to the BCM? Has someone done this 'easily'? Could someone please guide me to where exactly it is located?

I tried checking with AutoFusion in Koramangala, Bangalore - he is suggesting to install the system with the simulator. However, he is charing INR 2800 for it and says - steering controls may or may not work.

Any other leads in Bangalore for a reliable shop for the installation - if I am unable to do so.
Thanks again in advance!

Thanks,
Vicky
Old 24th December 2017, 18:24   #302
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyP View Post
3. Or should I order the ISO to Quadlock connector with the Simulator? - However, I am being told that that may not have the steering controls working.

4. Else, is it fine that I should go ahead and connect the CAN+ and CAN- wires to the BCM? Has someone done this 'easily'? Could someone please guide me to where exactly it is located?
Hi Vicky,

You should check wiring diagram on the headunit to confirm the wires on socket. If its RCD320 then you won't need simulator. I cannot comment on the steering controls since I have TSI Comfortline.

I had posted details about the connector over here but your's is Highline hence you wont have to source CNBUS connection from Climate control/BCM.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4068503

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 00:03   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi Vicky,

You should check wiring diagram on the headunit to confirm the wires on socket. If its RCD320 then you won't need simulator. I cannot comment on the steering controls since I have TSI Comfortline.

I had posted details about the connector over here but your's is Highline hence you wont have to source CNBUS connection from Climate control/BCM.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4068503

Regards.
Thanks a ton for your reply.
I took some clues from your inputs regarding the fact that on the Highline, I would 'not' need CANBUS connection from Climate Control BCM. The wiring connections are as per RCD 320 (though my manual refers to it as RCN 320 - not sure what the difference is).
I have now connected the provided CAN+ and CAN- wires from quadlock connector to the black ISO harness in port 1 and 5 - which already had some connection. Please refer to the image attached. If you notice the slots 1 & 5 now have 2 wires each going in. I hope this is how the expected connection should be. Could someone please confirm?

The system is now working fine along with all steering controls and the connection with the ignition. Super happy! Appreciate all the inputs in the earlier posts from all the members and I hope this post helps others with similar 'novice' confusion as mine.

Next step is to get my existing RVC set up onto the system - I have the RVC provided by VW which is connected to the additional Garmin device, which I assume is connected through bluetooth. I think I would need to get the wires from the camera into the system to get it on the display.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-img_0019.jpg  

Old 31st December 2017, 18:11   #304
BHPian

Friends, I need your help.
I finally fixed the 330g plus headunit with Android auto to my Fabia.
I used the default connector with the car to the headunit and did not use an iso quadlock as the pins were not matching and was not sure of additional 2 cables connecting into the 1 and 5 slots as mentioned.
Though the headunit works fine with the default connector, I'm not able to use Bluetooth as it gives me an error.
Also the audio quality with the aux and Android auto is not good, though the FM sounds better. Not sure what the problem is. Could someone help me.
Is it because I'm using the default connector? If so, could someone share a link where I can see how to connect the ISO to quadlock.
Any places to get it fixed in Hyd would also help me.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-1514723932337.jpg  

Old 1st January 2018, 13:04   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
Is it because I'm using the default connector? If so, could someone share a link where I can see how to connect the ISO to quadlock.
Any places to get it fixed in Hyd would also help me.
Thanks
Hi,

This is definitely CANBUS connection issue. Please check with smnrock
who had a similar issue with Skoda Rapid.

Regards.
Old 19th January 2018, 12:19   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyP View Post
Hi All,

Thanks to all the members for all their inputs and sharing the knowledge.

I have also ordered the RCD 330G PLUS with Apple Car Play version along with the ISO to Quadlock converter. I received the packaging in a good state and all items too. I am planning to install it on my Vento TSI Highline - 2014 make.
Can you please post a link of what you have purchased? I am planning to go for this unit for my Vento 2013 TDI (if you have any idea, if this will work for my model ?). What was the final cost you paid? Thanks.

Last edited by stringbh : 19th January 2018 at 12:21.
Old 20th January 2018, 11:19   #307
BHPian

In particular, planning to order this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Crng...833444755.html

It has Apple car play and android auto. Need to do something about maps separately.

Seller says it would be plug and play, where as, what I read from comments of other members here, it seems I may need an ISO to quadlock converter? Please clarify if anyone has an idea. Thanks
Old 21st January 2018, 11:49   #308
BHPian

Yesterday i successfully updated the software on my RCD330+.was a simple 7-10 mins job using a pen drive. It had come CarPlay installed along with MirrorLink and Baidu Carlife. After updating, it now shows CarPlay, MirrorLink and Android Auto. Haven't tested the functionality of android yet.

In addition, the scroll lines are all red now, matching the red backlighting. Somehow, i felt the entire sound to be a bit better than what it was prior to the update. I tested two different iPhones on it wit different songs. Probably any bugs existing got fixed due to the update.
Old 21st January 2018, 13:38   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

This is definitely CANBUS connection issue. Please check with smnrock
who had a similar issue with Skoda Rapid.

Regards.
Sorry for the late reply. I checked with smnrock, his issue was a bit different. However, I could not get it fixed as I had to return to Japan and it was a short stay.
Will keep checking this thread and share the details with my brother if I find a fix or a place in Hyd to get it fixed.
Thanks for your time and support.
Old 7th February 2018, 21:50   #310
BHPian

Hi, are there any folks in Bangalore who can help me install this thing, for a price? I’m happy to order it directly from Ali express if needed. But I need help in installing it. DYI with wife’s car is beyond me.
Old 8th February 2018, 23:01   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhruday View Post
Yesterday i successfully updated the software on my RCD330+.was a simple 7-10 mins job using a pen drive. It had come CarPlay installed along with MirrorLink and Baidu Carlife. After updating, it now shows CarPlay, MirrorLink and Android Auto. Haven't tested the functionality of android yet.

Hello Hruday, please advise, how did you procure the software update for RCD330+. Mine is RCD330G, and PPS motors (VW Authorized Service Center) has indicated to me last month, that there is no update from VW, and they did not release any updates for the RCD models. I wrote to VW Customer Care, but did not receive any response.
Old 10th February 2018, 23:31   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormodore View Post
Hello Hruday, please advise, how did you procure the software update for RCD330+. Mine is RCD330G, and PPS motors (VW Authorized Service Center) has indicated to me last month, that there is no update from VW, and they did not release any updates for the RCD models. I wrote to VW Customer Care, but did not receive any response.
Hi Cormodore, I was randomly going through forums about the update when I chanced upon a video on YouTube. In the video description, it had a Dropbox link which had the software update files. Downloaded those and followed the instructions on the video.

Vhruday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2018, 21:02   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
Can you please post a link of what you have purchased? I am planning to go for this unit for my Vento 2013 TDI (if you have any idea, if this will work for my model ?). What was the final cost you paid? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
In particular, planning to order this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Crng...833444755.html

It has Apple car play and android auto. Need to do something about maps separately.

Seller says it would be plug and play, where as, what I read from comments of other members here, it seems I may need an ISO to quadlock converter? Please clarify if anyone has an idea. Thanks
Hello!

First of all apologies for the delayed response. I was travelling on work and happened to check your post only today. I had picked up this system - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Crng...835431297.html

The link you posted is from the same seller and is for the version with Carplay and Android Auto. You may go ahead with the purchase, if not done already. What is the current system in your Vento? Is it the RCD 320? Also, is your Vento the Highline variant?

In all likelihood, you would need the ISO to Quadlock converter. There are a couple of variations of it from the same seller. I bought this one - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Crng...311.0.0.Jkl7Ya

I would suggest you to order one, as it would be better having it handy in case you need it.
In this quadlock converter, you would need to connect the CAN+ and CAN- to the connecter for power supply connection and for steering controls to work. This was simple but a little confusing at first. But refer to my post earlier in this thread

The total I paid for the RCD330G Plus and the converter was around $135 - apparently, had some discounts going on back then. Yes, you would have to pay for the customs as well - directly to the delivery person which can vary as per what customs charge. Though should be around INR 1000.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions!
Old 18th February 2018, 21:06   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbangalore View Post
Hi, are there any folks in Bangalore who can help me install this thing, for a price? I’m happy to order it directly from Ali express if needed. But I need help in installing it. DYI with wife’s car is beyond me.
Hi Anand,

I can provide some inputs if you need help on the installation, without any price!
Our forum is a great source of information and is here to help all automobile lovers. Let me know if I can be of any help!

Thanks!
vickyP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 14:34   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acemanhiflier View Post
From whatever I read about label files, first of all I should see the radio on address '56' in a VCDS scan for a label file to work But as of now nothing is detected at that address or for that matter a radio is not detected at any other address also.

A label file will enable VCDS to be able to edit a detected control module.

Also, when I enable radio '56' in my CAN Gateway installation list, the Gateway shows two errors: 1. Gateway Mis-configured, 2. Radio Missing.

CAN Bus communication is established with the Radio (at least it is receiving data) because temperature and time is being displayed on it correctly.

There is a possibility that the Radio is bad and unable to communicate back on CAN Bus.
you need to enable "5F" and not 56 as RCD330G is the MIB class configured under 5F not 56. Try and see please.
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks