Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2017, 08:53   #271
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
Can you share the link of the seller from whom you bought the cable?
Unfortunately the item is no longer listed!!

Anyways, I had searched for "VCDS 17.8" and bought from the seller "Sweety Liu" from the results. It reached me in a week's time. I got it for $21, with no customs levied on it. But now it seems the prices have gone up to $120-$220 range!!

My adapter seems to be the original Ross-Tech HEX-V2, i.e. very high quality. Even the associated USB able is of very good. The LED lights on the side and USB cable lock ooze of quality. The VCDS software ver 17.8 which came in the accompanying CD installed like a breeze without any anti-virus warnings and is working well on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

I GUESS I WAS LUCKY
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-20171015_0825461.jpg  

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-20171015_0826081.jpg  

acemanhiflier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 01:25   #272
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by acemanhiflier View Post
Connected it to my car and found that the OPS is addressable (screen shot attached). I think it implies that I will get an OPS display on the RCD330G Plus unit. In which case I do not want to install an RVC.
Hi,

I am not sure if you have got the Head unit (330G) as well but you can try following coding for 8K park assist module.

Coding: 108101

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 06:43   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

I am not sure if you have got the Head unit (330G) as well but you can try following coding for 8K park assist module.

Coding: 108101

Regards.
Thanks mate.

I will be picking up the RCD330G Plus head unit for a guy in Delhi (Shailender, referred to earlier on this thread). He was out of stock and will have more units arriving in shortly.
Old 16th October 2017, 10:27   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate.

I will be picking up the RCD330G Plus head unit for a guy in Delhi (Shailender, referred to earlier on this thread). He was out of stock and will have more units arriving in shortly.
You can buy directly from AliExpress as well, it is available for ~$95.
Old 16th October 2017, 20:59   #275
BHPian

Quote:
You can buy directly from AliExpress as well, it is available for ~$95.
Can you please share link(s) for original VW make unit from reliable seller(s)?
Old 16th October 2017, 21:25   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please share link(s) for original VW make unit from reliable seller(s)?
Here you go : Look what I found on AliExpress
http://s.aliexpress.com/EFZBBbea

This one has the highest number of orders and the reviews are good as well. Also, the seller has been very prompt with the communication.
I have ordered the same unit and I am waiting for it to arrive. Fingers crossed.

Hope this helps.
Mr.mitsuvolk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 06:38   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Here you go : Look what I found on AliExpress
http://s.aliexpress.com/EFZBBbea
This does not seem to be the original VW OEM Desay AV unit from the photographs. I would prefer buying that, but unable to find a reliable source on AliExpress. I am thinking of buying this as Mr Shailender is out of stock: -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-5-MIB-UI-R...53.m1438.l2649

Last edited by acemanhiflier : 17th October 2017 at 06:45.
Old 17th October 2017, 08:15   #278
BHPian

Quote:
This does not seem to be the original VW OEM Desay AV unit from the photographs. I would prefer buying that, but unable to find a reliable source on AliExpress. I am thinking of buying this as Mr Shailender is out of stock: -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-5-MIB-UI-R...53.m1438.l2649
Yes the AliExpress one is Noname RCD 330, the main advantage with this one is that it can support CarPlay if the RAM is upgraded, also there are firmware upgrades available for it, whereas with the Desay unit you cannot do the same. Other than this both the units are by and large same.

If at all you go for the Desay unit on eBay make sure you read the item description, it says that the units have been taken off from cars and may have scratches.
Old 18th October 2017, 05:56   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the AliExpress one is Noname RCD 330, the main advantage with this one is that it can support CarPlay if the RAM is upgraded, also there are firmware upgrades available for it, whereas with the Desay unit you cannot do the same. Other than this both the units are by and large same.
Thanks for the inputs mate. You have got me interested in this unit!

Will the Noname fit without any modifications in my 2014 Jetta 1.4TSi CL? The present HU/Radio shows as not installed in VCDS, and I guess it may not be on CANBUS. But then how do the steering controls work?? Will the car have a quad lock connector?

I was thinking of removing the present HU and having a look at the connector inside before ordering. How difficult/easy is it to remove the trim? Any tutorials for it? And any suggestions on good trim removal tools? I am really scared of damaging the trim...

Last edited by acemanhiflier : 18th October 2017 at 05:58.
Old 18th October 2017, 10:04   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Will the Noname fit without any modifications in my 2014 Jetta 1.4TSi CL?
Yes, it will fit just as easily as the Desay unit, i.e. there are no modifications that you need to do for installing this unit.

Quote:
But then how do the steering controls work??
It certainly has CANBUS connection otherwise it would have required a CANBUS simulator for the upgrade which is not the case. Maybe VCDS does not recognise this unit as Radio. I maybe completely wrong about this since I am not familiar with the VCDS software.

Quote:
I remember reading in some previous post that RCD 320
Will the car have a quad lock connector?
Even I remember reading such a post but in all other cars which come equipped with RCD 320, the connector is different (ISO).

Quote:
I was thinking of removing the present HU and having a look at the connector inside before ordering.
That would be your best bet.

Quote:
How difficult/easy is it to remove the trim?
It is very easy, all you need is a set of prying tools which are readily available online. Alternatively you can use some old card (Debit, shopping card). If you are not comfortable in opening it yourself then you can visit a nearby accessories store and ask him to open it up for you, it is hardly a 10 minutes job.

Quote:
Any tutorials for it? And any suggestions on good trim removal tools? I am really scared of damaging the trim...
Here is a video -

For the prying tools, you can order them from AliExpress. Since it will take alot of time to arrive here, you can try looking up for such tools on some Indian sites.

Last edited by Mr.mitsuvolk : 18th October 2017 at 10:06.
Old 18th October 2017, 11:55   #281
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Big thanks to Pulkit Sharma for sharing!

Quote:
The store which people are looking for has changed. It took me 2 weeks to find them. I think this will help people to save time and have a better vendor to buy from it. Information Site - Aliexpress

Old Name - Yacht Science
New Name - Upring Store
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 23:53   #282
BHPian

Got a new Desay AV RCD330G Plus HU from Shailender, Delhi in good condition.

Installed it in my 2014 Jetta 1.4TSI CL. The vehicle had a QuadLock connector so nothing else was required and the installation went smooth in 15-mins. b.t.w. the factory fitted HU was a Desay AV RCD300.

Now everything (clock, temperature, dimming, MFSW etc.) is working, other than OPS. I have the 8K OPS on CAN bus, confirmed from a VCDS scan. When I put the vehicle in reverse, the HU lowers the volume also, but no OPS display. Same is the case with Climate Control. I am also not getting any phone info on the Instrument Cluster display. Seems as if the HU is getting all info, but is unable to send anything on the CAN bus...

I am unable to address the HU in VCDS. Tried enabling it in the Installed List of CAN Gateway also, but no luck. It simply does not show up in VCDS.

Any suggestions from the experts/veterans?

Last edited by acemanhiflier : 29th October 2017 at 23:56.
Old 31st October 2017, 12:37   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Tried enabling it in the Installed List of CAN Gateway also, but no luck. It simply does not show up in VCDS.
Hi acemanhiflier,

Would it be possible for you to share VCDS scan, that would give us more information to help you.

Regards.
Old 31st October 2017, 15:11   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got a new Desay AV RCD330G Plus HU from Shailender, Delhi in good condition.

Installed it in my 2014 Jetta 1.4TSI CL. The vehicle had a QuadLock connector so nothing else was required and the installation went smooth in 15-mins. b.t.w. the factory fitted HU was a Desay AV RCD300.

Now everything (clock, temperature, dimming, MFSW etc.) is working, other than OPS. I have the 8K OPS on CAN bus, confirmed from a VCDS scan. When I put the vehicle in reverse, the HU lowers the volume also, but no OPS display. Same is the case with Climate Control. I am also not getting any phone info on the Instrument Cluster display. Seems as if the HU is getting all info, but is unable to send anything on the CAN bus...

I am unable to address the HU in VCDS. Tried enabling it in the Installed List of CAN Gateway also, but no luck. It simply does not show up in VCDS.

Any suggestions from the experts/veterans?
Sorry to break the bad news - but it is not going to work. I have tried all sorts of VCDS coding myself - 2016 Jetta CL & RCD330
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 09:49   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Sorry to break the bad news - but it is not going to work. I have tried all sorts of VCDS coding myself - 2016 Jetta CL & RCD330
Oh! But my problem is little different. I am unable to address RCD330G Plus in VCDS only to be able to change anything. And whilst trying to do the same, I have started getting couple of errors on the instrument cluster.

Can anyone confirm if I will get OPS display on an Android HU meant for VW? My OPS is CAN addressable...

Also wanted to know any recommended Android HU for Jetta and what is the boot time of such an HU?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks