Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2017, 09:33   #166
BHPian

Yes I had a word with this guy. He is giving a deal for 12k which will include 330 plus, rear camera , converter and installation . He also said that car play will also work.
Old 17th April 2017, 00:44   #167
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Hi,

I managed to test 8K OPS module and front parking sensors in my car. I have not installed sensors permanently, I wanted to test function of sensors before I install this after drilling hole in the front bumper.

I took help from several threads in the forums specially Gannu's post on installation of front parking sensors.

I bought OPS module, wiring and sensors from Aliexpress. I did not buy complete kit since individual parts worked our cheaper.

Here is a brief video and picture that I captured while testing.

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-ops8k.jpg

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 12:17   #168
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Hi Guys,

Have any of you bought the RCD 330G plus with car play from aliexpress?

I have been waiting for the updated carplay software variant as i read the initial ones had bugs and the buttons on the right was labelled differently from the correct functions, which i didn't want.

I came across this link ->https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...48062089.html?

Does this look like the real deal?

Also, i want to buy the reverse parking camera and plan to write to the seller and ask him for a combined quote. What in your opinion should the total value be that i should pay?
Old 1st May 2017, 10:05   #169
BHPian

Hi All,

I installed front sensors but in a hurry to get this completed I installed 2 center sensors in non OEM location. I hope it doesn't impact functioning of sensors.

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-frontparkingsensor.jpg

Regards.

Last edited by antardaksh : 1st May 2017 at 10:10.
Old 1st May 2017, 10:33   #170
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi All,

I installed front sensors but in a hurry to get this completed I installed 2 center sensors in non OEM location. I hope it doesn't impact functioning of sensors.

Attachment 1634816

Regards.
It won't. But please ensure that the 2 sensors in the center are glued to the bumper in such a way that it doesn't interfere with the crash impact reinforcement bar behind the bumper. It happened with me, I had to take out the glue for the center sensors and redo it.

If you have mounted your bumper back to the car and have wired the sensors, then you are set.
Old 1st May 2017, 11:57   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
If you have mounted your bumper back to the car and have wired the sensors, then you are set.
Hi Gannu,

Thanks, yes I re installed bumper and it did not interfere with the crash impact bar.

Regards.
Old 18th May 2017, 11:37   #172
BHPian

Hello friends. Finally all the items I had ordered in Aliexpress arrived one by one. The VW Polo reverse flip cam was the last one to arrive. So yesterday we began the process of installing the items one by one. The following items were successfully installed as they were easy installations as explained in detail in various threads across the forum. They are:
1) RCD 330G+
2) Head light auto switch with sensor
3) Cabin light

I came across a dead end in the following installations:

1) Boot light installation : this was my mistake as I had not ordered for the Terminal - 000 979 131 & the Connector - 3B0 972 702.

Now my question to you all is, can I get these terminal & connector here locally and proceed with my installation right away? As ordering from Aliexpress will again delay the installation by atleast a month.

2) VW Rear Flip camera : The installation of the Camera was an awesome experience as I had never done any such experiment till date. Thanks to the detailed explanation & the adapter plate implementation idea by graaja (The main inspiration for all these upgrades) we were able to get the camera installed along with the water drain implementation. The camera gets activated and deactivated as it should.
But the problem I have encountered now is, I don't get any output on my rcd330g+ screen. We tried connecting the camera to another screen & we get camera output clearly on that screen. I have no idea why there is no output on the rcd330g+ screen.
I read all the posts again & again to see if I have missed anything or made any mistakes. I did not do any VCDS tweaks as that facility is not available in my town. Was going through the vcds thread yesterday night and I found out about most of the discussions done about activating/deactivating various features.

Now, as per my understanding a vcds tweak is necessary to get the camera output on the HU. Is this what is missing in my installation? The seller on aliexpress talks about some mib adapter which is required. And asks me to purchase it from him. This means I will have to wait for another month to receive it.

Please give me your opinion as to how I must go ahead. Should I purchase the vcds cable? If yes, which is the cheap and best solution for implementing basic tweaks to car? Where can I get it from? I dont plan on implementing major changes to the car setup using vcds.
I stay close to Mangalore & if anyone around can help me out, it would be great! Ready to bear the expenses too if any!

P.S.: My vehicle is a 2016 Dec VW POLO Comfortline. I would also know what are the list of tweaks I can enable using the VCDs.
I am also interested to add the rear parking sensor for my car. Pardon me, but I could not find any detailed DIY about the same. Want to integrate it with the new HU. Need your inputs.

Waiting for your replies.

Thanking you all in advance. Team-bhp rocks!!

With best regards,
Bdn317.
Old 28th May 2017, 18:21   #173
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot to "maddyguage" who I was in touch with while finalizing my RCD 330+ purchase

I ordered the 330+ and a Quadlock to ISO connector with CanBus adaptor on AliExpress and the consignment reached me in 2 weeks time. Looks like somebody was not happy the day it reached customs as I was charged a whooping 1600/- duty on that. The seller had quoted it to be a $40 item (Actual $112: Unit and cable) which the customs does not seem to agree with.

So with the help of the Pry toolkit and a friend, I opened up the center console trim of my Jetta comfortline and discovered that it already comes with a Canbus compatible Quadlock connector . The one I ordered would be up for grabs now since I no more need it.

I was surprised to see that the one (RCD300) which came with the car is also made by Desey China so as the new one (Unless the first owner of the car had replaced original with Chinese RCD 300). The seller on the page had mentioned that the unit is picked up from a VW car and its unused.

I am pretty impressed with the vivid display and the touch response of this system. I tried the USB pen drive, FM and Bluetooth A2DP as well as telephony. All worked well, however there is not much difference as far as sound quality is concerned. The steering mounted controls and the auto switch off on car key removal work and that's a big relief. I was missing the Bluetooth telephony on Jetta since my Punto had it, so its a big plus for me. The MirrorLink did not work with my Google Pixel phone which is expected, I will try it out on my friend's Samsung soon.

All in all I am very happy with the purchase and now that I know things ordered from AliExpress actually reaches you, I will soon be ordering the reverse parking camera and the VCDS cable. BTW, the LED DRLs I ordered for the Jetta are on their way !!!
neoonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 09:58   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I ordered the 330+ and a Quadlock to ISO connector with CanBus adaptor on AliExpress and the consignment reached me in 2 weeks time. Looks like somebody was not happy the day it reached customs as I was charged a whooping 1600/- duty on that. The seller had quoted it to be a $40 item (Actual $112: Unit and cable) which the customs does not seem to agree with.
Please note that now the customs duty is about 41.5% (revised in April 2017) of the value of the items. Moreover the duty also includes the shipping cost of the item.

In addition to that I have experienced FEDEX charging me about Rs. 250 as customs clearance charges. I am not sure whether this is a flat rate or increases with the value of the item. Also not sure whether all courier agencies charges this amount to the customer. So, considering these things Rs. 1600 looks like a fair value to me.
batman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 11:59   #175
Senior - BHPian

Here are the pics of the system in my car:

Time displayed is Synced with the MFD:

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-img_20170529_111707.jpg

Playing files from SDCard

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-img_20170529_111731.jpg

Phone menu: The System shows mobile Range, time and Temperature. All in sync with MFD.

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-img_20170529_111745.jpg

System information

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-img_20170529_111840.jpg
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 14:46   #176
BHPian

Quote:
So with the help of the Pry toolkit and a friend, I opened up the center console trim of my Jetta comfortline and discovered that it already comes with a Canbus compatible Quadlock connector . The one I ordered would be up for grabs now since I no more need it.
Hi Neo,

Congratulations on your setup. I can collect the Canbus Quadlock Adaptor.
Can anyone confirm if (Canbus Compatible Quadlock connector + Reverse Cam) is all that I need to connect to my 2016 Vento TSI Highline which comes with RCD330G to make the reverse parking camera working?
Old 29th May 2017, 15:14   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetzap View Post
Hi Neo,

Congratulations on your setup. I can collect the Canbus Quadlock Adaptor.
Can anyone confirm if (Canbus Compatible Quadlock connector + Reverse Cam) is all that I need to connect to my 2016 Vento TSI Highline which comes with RCD330G to make the reverse parking camera working?
Sure let me know once you decide
Old 30th May 2017, 11:31   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Here are the pics of the system in my car:

Time displayed is Synced with the MFD:

Attachment 1643416

Playing files from SDCard

Attachment 1643417

Phone menu: The System shows mobile Range, time and Temperature. All in sync with MFD.

Attachment 1643418

System information

Attachment 1643419

Upon engaging reverse, does the OPS Parking Display work?
Old 30th May 2017, 11:34   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Upon engaging reverse, does the OPS Parking Display work?
There is no OPS present in Jetta 2011 comfortline. It has front and rear sensors but I guess the unit does not carry 4k/8k OPS. It might work in newer Jetta though. In my case, I do not see OPS on this unit, however, I would be ordering a AV reverse camera which can fit this unit.
Old 2nd June 2017, 16:27   #180

Hi all. I had just upgraded Skoda swing to RCD330G Plus. But to my surprise my phone's are not getting mirror linked to the radio set. Is there a way out for doing mirror link. I have one plus 3t and moto z

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks