Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2017, 10:42   #76
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauldsouza View Post
Thanks Philip, just contacted the seller who has one ready with inbuilt 512 MB RAM.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DHL-...00023.1.9SAMI4

I still need to research this out.
Yes, that's the Noname RCD330G Plus with the 512 Ram and it also offers Apple CarPlay out of the box but it's running the beta firmware update for CarPlay and has a few bugs in the system, primarily the change in the right side panel buttons. It's best to do your bit of research on the same and I hope you are able to select the one for your need. If you do get this one, please do post a detailed review about the CarPlay interface and it would be great to know how the 'noname' compares to the 'Desay' as both are built on different operating systems.
Philip.Mathew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 19:22   #77
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

I see lot of Polo and other VW car owners even replacing their old RCD510 with RCD330 plus unit. Is this unit really OEM? RCD510 had two manufacturers; Delphi and Bosch. Is Desay an original equipment manufacturer for VW? Lot of Chinese manufaturers like Wiston used to make head units compatible for VW some even exact replicas of RCD510. But people who installed them had faced lot of quality and reliability issues.If this is OEM, is this really and upgrade from RCD510 coming from some unknown Chinese vendors?
I agree this unit is feature rich, but there are 'n' number of made in China units compatible with VW with even more features.

Last edited by poloman : 19th January 2017 at 19:27.
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 11:41   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I see lot of Polo and other VW car owners even replacing their old RCD510 with RCD330 plus unit. Is this unit really OEM? RCD510 had two manufacturers; Delphi and Bosch. Is Desay an original equipment manufacturer for VW? Lot of Chinese manufaturers like Wiston used to make head units compatible for VW some even exact replicas of RCD510. But people who installed them had faced lot of quality and reliability issues.If this is OEM, is this really and upgrade from RCD510 coming from some unknown Chinese vendors?
I agree this unit is feature rich, but there are 'n' number of made in China units compatible with VW with even more features.
It doesnt look or feel like an aftemarket unit - instant boot up time etc. Plus its dirt cheap (~$100) & is working perfectly with no bugs as of now. The Android powered aftermarket units you are talking about are more expensive, slow & full of bugs.
Old 20th January 2017, 13:10   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
It doesnt look or feel like an aftemarket unit - instant boot up time etc. Plus its dirt cheap (~$100) & is working perfectly with no bugs as of now. The Android powered aftermarket units you are talking about are more expensive, slow & full of bugs.
I have no problem with the unit or its features. Since it comes with RCD tag lot of people are going to believe that this is an OEM unit approved by VW. If that is not the case, I don't think many will replace a RCD510 with this one.
Old 20th January 2017, 13:13   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I have no problem with the unit or its features. Since it comes with RCD tag lot of people are going to believe that this is an OEM unit approved by VW. If that is not the case, I don't think many will replace a RCD510 with this one.
Well - to be honest i havent seen a single listing on Aliexpress which doesnt call out this as anything but taken out from new VW cars. These have a VW part number as well. On the other hand - most aftermarket units (Winston and others) clearly say aftermarket and come in their own boxes. So unless i see otherwise - i am assuming that these units are OE.
Old 20th January 2017, 16:09   #81
BHPian

Just got to know from my seller that soon the updated version of RCD 330G+ will be available which will be coming with Apple CarPlay support out of the box.

Model No : 6RD 035 187B

I have attached the picture which I received from the seller.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-htb14yu8pxxxxxcxxxxxq6xxfxxxz.jpg  

CRV2010 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 16:32   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Just got to know from my seller that soon the updated version of RCD 330G+ will be available which will be coming with Apple CarPlay support out of the box.

Thank you. This sounds promising. May I know who the dealer is and how long (approximately) would it take for this model to be out on sale?
Old 21st January 2017, 18:12   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post

I have attached the picture which I received from the seller.
That is great news.. can you please share contact info of your seller? I would be interested in the unit for my polo
skydiver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 00:25   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFoot View Post
Thank you. This sounds promising. May I know who the dealer is and how long (approximately) would it take for this model to be out on sale?
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
That is great news.. can you please share contact info of your seller? I would be interested in the unit for my polo
Seller : https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1898953
Manager Name : Kathy

She says Feb 2nd week.
CRV2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 21:44   #85
Team-BHP Support

Hi guys,

May need to replace the Bolero unit on my Yeti. I was thinking of this. Will it work? And will it be plug and play?
Old 22nd January 2017, 23:20   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Hi guys,

May need to replace the Bolero unit on my Yeti. I was thinking of this. Will it work? And will it be plug and play?
Hello,

As you have Skoda car. Basically you have different options for RCD 330 plus.

1. Buy Desay RCD Desay RCD + CAN-bus simulator CAN-BUS simulator

2. Buy No name RCD (simple plug and play) with red backlit buttons NO NAME RCD RED

3. Buy No name RCD with green backlit buttons to match your interior NO NAME RCD GREEN

And if you use iPhone then you should probably wait for Apple CarPlay ready player. It will be out in a couple of days.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 23:29   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
Hello,

As you have Skoda car. Basically you have different options for RCD 330 plus.

1. Buy Desay RCD Desay RCD + CAN-bus simulator CAN-BUS simulator

2. Buy No name RCD (simple plug and play) with red backlit buttons NO NAME RCD RED

3. Buy No name RCD with green backlit buttons to match your interior NO NAME RCD GREEN

And if you use iPhone then you should probably wait for Apple CarPlay ready player. It will be out in a couple of days.
Thanks, but my Yeti is the elegance version, and it has can bus, etc. So I'm guessing I can just wait for the carplay version, and then it'll be plug and play?
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 00:13   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Thanks, but my Yeti is the elegance version, and it has can bus, etc. So I'm guessing I can just wait for the carplay version, and then it'll be plug and play?
I guess you completely misunderstood what I tried to explain. If you buy Desay RCD, then in order to obtain functionalities of steering controls you will need CAN-BUS simulator.

On the other hand if you buy NO NAME RCD, then it will be plug and play for you. And all steering controls will work flawlessly.

This is due to the fact that both runs on completely different platforms.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 18:47   #89
BHPian

Hello Guys, I just received my order in 8 days. However I had to pay approximately Rs. 800 for some custom fees. Also I had to upload KYC documents. Hope that's normal. Now my question to you all is, should I install it myself or go to some car accessories guy? Kindly advise.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-1485350096962.jpg  

Old 25th January 2017, 19:01   #90
BHPian

Hi will this fit a 2011 polo by any chance? also will it require a canbus adapter ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks