Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2017, 21:14   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLY View Post
Yes, the 4K OPS module is present in my vehicle. I'm able to get the Park pilot display

The next thing is to do is changing the vehicle type in Parkpilot display, awaiting for the VCDS to come.
What coding did you change ? let me try it out as well.
Old 3rd February 2017, 15:45   #107
aLY
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
What coding did you change ? let me try it out as well.
I haven't changed any coding till now, mine is a pre-facelift GT, so the vehicle came with a factory fitted 4K-OPS module so does the Parkpilot display.

If you are asking about the code to change the vehicle type in Parkpilot display, I'm yet to try that out. Waiting for the VCDS.
Old 8th February 2017, 01:21   #108
BHPian

Hi,

Looks like more customization has been done to RCD plus.

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-rcd330gps.jpg

Installing the GPS module for RCD 330 Plus (Desay)

The test results can point to the following module functions:

1) A full-featured, stand-alone GPS receiver with optional navigation program Navitel, Progorod and others;
2) Playback of video files from external media (USB flash drive);
3) Connect the DVR or the anterior chamber and its activation via a separate menu button;
4) Connection of normal and abnormal cells in a regular place kvadlok connector without the need for additional blocks (to delay the video signal, etc.); If you have previously purchased the camera, you have to change it is not a special for the RCD 330 or more to buy more units for the signal delay; The camera signal is displayed only when you open a regular radio menu, the menu is minimized when the unit;
5) Connection of normal and abnormal cells derived separately in the video input; The camera signal is displayed as a normal radio in the menu, and in the module menu;
6) To view photos and images;

Of course, the module is not perfect and there are a couple of drawbacks, as well as serious, solve each for himself.
Firstly: The module is installed Mirrorlink analogue, works with all models and brands of phones, without exception. We watched it on video that sent the manufacturer, but at the moment we are not able to test it, because we were not able to connect the phone to the system.
At the moment, we are trying to solve this problem.

Second: The module does not support 3 / 4G and Wi-Fi to connect to the Internet, and then in the navigation traffic jams will not. Will this feature is not yet known.

We would like to mention that the module menu is in English, but we are working with the developer already translated it into Russian and in a week we will get the update file, which is easily mounted on the module with a USB flash drive.
The module was very interesting solution for extending the functional standard for radio RCD 330 Plus and definitely worth the money, as any other regular models with navigation for the price simply is not on the PQ platform most likely will not.
This is definitely a great option for those who bought the RCD 330 from Desay manufacturer or planning to buy this model, but stopped the absence of navigation.

Source : https://www.drive2.ru/o/b/465391387274117828/

Regards.

Last edited by antardaksh : 8th February 2017 at 01:43.
antardaksh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 12:21   #109
BHPian

This is what I am waiting for :

Any thought that on which link in AliExpress i can find car play version . I have 2013 vento with steering control, so I believe I have to order Canbus cable as well.
vineet1712 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 14:22   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet1712 View Post
https://Youtu.be/gWBpOlb8E3o

Any thought that on which link in AliExpress i can find car play version . I have 2013 vento with steering control, so I believe I have to order Canbus cable as well.
As Maps is not supported in India, neither does it work satisfactorily from iPhone directly, I see no big advantage of this CarPlay feature. The Headunit anyways reads all music files and does voice dialing etc from the Iphone.
Old 8th February 2017, 14:39   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet1712 View Post
https://Youtu.be/gWBpOlb8E3o

Here is the link you are looking for. It is quite expensive compared to the RCD 330 plus without car play.
Old 8th February 2017, 15:12   #112
BHPian

^^ Price will go down by $100 in a month, please do not hurry buying it.
Old 8th February 2017, 17:43   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
^^ Price will go down by $100 in a month, please do not hurry buying it.
It would make sense to wait for some more time, I bought RCD 330G and the price has reduced so much in past couple of months. I regret not waiting for some more time.

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 23:20   #114
BHPian

I had a word with a person owning a shop in Ramesh nagar , Delhi . He says have 330 plus with car play and canbus cable and ready to give that for 12 grand . Any thoughts?
Old 10th February 2017, 11:52   #115
BHPian

Folks,

Can anyone tell me if this new RDC330G also supports Android auto? If not, is there an equivalent model available that supports it?

I am more interested in using map/navigation that's why the question.

Thanks
skydiver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 14:00   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
Folks,

Can anyone tell me if this new RDC330G also supports Android auto? If not, is there an equivalent model available that supports it?

I am more interested in using map/navigation that's why the question.

Thanks
Nope it doesnt. Considering the fact that Android Auto doesnt work in China - i would not keep my hopes up for Alibaba sellers supplying units with working Android Auto. If your phone supports Mirror Link - you can try Sygic for Nav
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 14:54   #117
BHPian

I think its better to mount your phone near steering wheel and use google maps than to look at HU for navigation. Anyway I am more interested in sound which Bluetooth is able to take care of. Its all my own perspective.
Neugal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 00:15   #118
BHPian

Here is the aliexpress link of GPS module for your RCD 330 plus :
GPS module

DISCLAIMER : This module will only work with DESAY RCD 330 plus. Ask seller before placing an order. You may need to buy mapmyindia SD card for maps to work in India. I'm not sure if that will work.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 13:54   #119
BHPian

Hello,

Can anyone support in getting the rearview camera configured, I am getting "look Safe to move" on a black screen with brightness and contrast icons.

Restarting the unit in reverse gets me the image for once but the moment I disengage and reengage the reverse gear, i get black screen.

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th February 2017, 15:03   #120
BHPian

Apologies if I'm off topic here. They seem to have released a navigation module for RCD510 too: https://goo.gl/Pouaxf

I guess it can help those who prefer to retain their RCD510 units and add the functionality of navigation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks