Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2017, 00:16   #151
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

I just replaced the rcd510 in my Jetta with the rcd330+. It was literally a 10 minute plug n play job made even easier by following instructions in this thread.

Now my Jetta had the rcd510 + the 9w7 Bluetooth module installed earlier. I was able to replace the rcd510 pretty easily but since the 9w7 Bluetooth module is located under the glove box, I chose not to remove it. I also did not remove any wires from the quadlock connector, which means that the 9w7 Bluetooth module is still powering up when the rcd330+ starts. So what I have now is two Bluetooth receivers in my car - older 9w7 that shows up on the MFD of instrument cluster and the new integrated Bluetooth of the rcd330+. What I want to know is if there is a way to disable 9w7 completely using VCDS and will doing this affect the integrated Bluetooth of rcd330+? Alternatively, if I have to remove some wires from the quadlock connector to disconnect 9w7, which ones will they be? I certainly don't want two Bluetooth receivers in my car and would like to see if I can disable 9w7 without taking the glove box off. Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 21:50   #152
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
It's just plug and play for Jetta. No need for any additional connectors. No, you don't need any VCDS coding if you don't want to install camera.
Hi maddy, today I tried to install the Flip camera with RCD 330 Plus. After doing the coding through VCDS, when I engaged reverse gear, nothing happend?? We spent whole day figuring out whats wrong but can't get the camera to work. The camera pops out of the logo but Head unit doesn't shows anything. Dont know what I am doing wrong here.
Old 30th March 2017, 22:54   #153
BHPian

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera ins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep.rana View Post
Hi maddy, today I tried to install the Flip camera with RCD 330 Plus. After doing the coding through VCDS, when I engaged reverse gear, nothing happend?? We spent whole day figuring out whats wrong but can't get the camera to work. The camera pops out of the logo but Head unit doesn't shows anything. Dont know what I am doing wrong here.

Reset your HU by pushing and holding power button for 10 seconds. Most probably this will solve your issue.

If you put in reverse and getting error "Rear View Camera System not available" then you should check rear socket.

If you have done proper VCDS coding then, you will either get image or error. So check that also.

Some cameras may not work with HU. So check it before installing it. If above steps don't help you then check with another camera.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 09:52   #154
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera ins...

Quote:
Reset your HU by pushing and holding power button for 10 seconds. Most probably this will solve your issue.

If you put in reverse and getting error "Rear View Camera System not available" then you should check rear socket.

If you have done proper VCDS coding then, you will either get image or error. So check that also.

Some cameras may not work with HU. So check it before installing it. If above steps don't help you then check with another camera.
The problem is screen doesn't even react to reverse gear. It does not show any error message or anything else. Don't know what is wrong here. Will try to reset it and then will attempt the coding again
Old 1st April 2017, 15:02   #155
BHPian

Hi i am facing ​this problem while trying to attach camera. This red cable is left out and I don't have any idea where to connect it to. Although maddy has mentioned that this should go into black power cable? So should I connect it to black power cable of the head unit?
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-img20170401wa0001.jpg  

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-img20170401wa0000.jpg  

Old 1st April 2017, 22:00   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Hi i am facing ​this problem while trying to attach camera. This red cable is left out and I don't have any idea where to connect it to.
Hi navdeep.rana,

This cable is a trigger cable for people attaching additional monitor to camera. This red wire gets power from the rear view light, hence it can power on additional monitor if you connect this cable to power source for monitor. You can use insulation material to cover this wire. There is no need to connect this to headunit.

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 22:18   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi navdeep.rana,

This cable is a trigger cable for people attaching additional monitor to camera. This red wire gets power from the rear view light, hence it can power on additional monitor if you connect this cable to power source for monitor. You can use insulation material to cover this wire. There is no need to connect this to headunit.

Regards.
Thanks for your input on this. But without this cable, the camera video is not showing up on the screen. We tested the same camera on a different screen which had input for this red wire, and it worked properly. When we tried to remove this red wire from that screen, it stopped the video.

Now we also tested using small bulb, this red wire was getting power when we put the car in reverse gear. So I am not sure where should I connect this in the head unit. Is this wire is supposed to get power when engaging reverse gear or have we done the wiring wrong?

So this needs to be plugged somewhere. Now here is an image of another camera for reference. The wire that is left out is the ACC power wire in the following image.
Name:  Screen Shot 20170401 at 10.19.17 PM.png
Views: 14998
Size:  390.4 KB

Last edited by navdeep.rana : 1st April 2017 at 22:38.
Old 1st April 2017, 23:35   #158
BHPian

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera ins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi navdeep.rana,

Regards.

Correct. It is indeed a trigger cable. You can simply insulate it with electrical tape or follow my idea.

Now if you have gone through my thread, you will understand that we need to give ACC supply to delay timer. And for that you will have to get a wire all the way from HU throughout to trunk in the back.

So instead of taking additional wire, you can just connect that trigger wire to HU ACC and other end to delay timer. Thus you will get video signal + ACC for delay timer within one cable.

Quote:
Thanks for your input on this. But without this cable, the camera video is not showing up on the screen. We tested the same camera on a different screen which had input for this red wire, and it worked properly. When we tried to remove this red wire from that screen, it stopped the video.

Now we also tested using small bulb, this red wire was getting power when we put the car in reverse gear. So I am not sure where should I connect this in the head unit. Is this wire is supposed to get power when engaging reverse gear or have we done the wiring wrong?

So this needs to be plugged somewhere. Now here is an image of another camera for reference. The wire that is left out is the ACC power wire in the following image.

It's ok brother, many people get confused with so many cables around it. But it's pretty simple and straightforward.

I'll explain all the wiring connections below :

If you look closely, you got 2 set of cables with your camera. One is long RCA cable and another is power cable for camera.

Now instead of that power cable supplied, we need to use DELAY TIMER. You will see there are 3 cables in delay timer.

Attachment 1625189

Connect RED to ACC.

Connect BLACK to GROUND.

Connect BLUE to REVERSE.

Now if you're not soldering, just simply tap on following wires in tail light assembly.

Tap BLUE for REVERSE.

Tap BROWN for GROUND.

NOTE : If you don't want to get additional wire for ACC, then just connect one end of trigger wire to HU ACC and connect another end to RED of delay timer.

Attachment 1625190

I've explained how I connected my camera. Apparently it's similar to the pic you have uploaded. Just that I have different delay timer.

And most importantly, whenever you are trying to check reverse camera close the trunk and then check it. It will not show anything if it's open.

Last edited by maddyguage : 1st April 2017 at 23:59.
maddyguage is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 11:38   #159
BHPian

Hi,

I have bought following camera, I believe I will have to cut black socket in the delay timer and connect +ve (red) and -ve (black) to camera power source.

AV Camera

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-avcamera.jpg

Delay Timer

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-delaytimer.jpg

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-delaytimer2.jpg

Regards.
Old 2nd April 2017, 13:37   #160
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera ins...

Quote:
Correct. It is indeed a trigger cable. You can simply insulate it with electrical tape or follow my idea.

Now if you have gone through my thread, you will understand that we need to give ACC supply to delay timer. And for that you will have to get a wire all the way from HU throughout to trunk in the back.

So instead of taking additional wire, you can just connect that trigger wire to HU ACC and other end to delay timer. Thus you will get video signal + ACC for delay timer within one cable.
Hi maddy,

Thanks a lot for the help. Just one little quick question for you. Can you tell me where do I have to connect the camera adapter on the rear of the head unit. My camera adapter is getting plugged into two different ports properly on the ISO to Quadlock converter. I have checked on both the ports, the reverse video still didn't showed up. Checked with all doors and boot closed, still nothing is happening on the screen. It would be really helpful if you could post a picture of where did you plugged that rear view adapter cable in the head unit.
Old 3rd April 2017, 23:22   #161
BHPian

Hi Maddy,

Just to confirm, I have a 2013 Vento Highline which has RCD 320, would i need just the ISO to Quadlock connector ?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RCD3...0023.18.Z8k9aq

Last edited by rauldsouza : 3rd April 2017 at 23:43. Reason: corrected grammar
Old 5th April 2017, 11:18   #162
BHPian

Hi

If any one is facing problem while activating rear view camera function on RCD 330 Plus even after coding through VCDS ( changing Byte 3 etc) , do following steps:

1. Open VCDS> Can Gateway
2. Select Module Backup Camera and click save
3. Now go to Radio> Coding> Long Coding> change the Bit 6 under Byte 3 as maddyguage has mentioned.

Please note that selecting Backup Camera module under Can Gateway is very important for camera to work if it is not working for you by simple Long Coding. Just wasted a full week figuring this out.

Last edited by navdeep.rana : 5th April 2017 at 11:22.
navdeep.rana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 18:45   #163
anb
BHPian

I am planning to upgrade from rcd330 g to rcd 330 g plus. Is it a direct swap? Do I require connector?
Old 10th April 2017, 22:43   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
I am planning to upgrade from rcd330 g to rcd 330 g plus. Is it a direct swap? Do I require connector?
Hi anb,

It will be plug and play since socket for RCD 330G and 330 Plus are same.

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2017, 09:05   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj sulz View Post
Secondly is this canbus adapter available in India ( specifically Bangalore ) by any chance? Otherwise will have to wait 60 days for the new one to come from Ali express :/ and I'm so excited to get it working asap

Thanks
There is a video about rcd330 plus installation on YouTube, by a Delhi chap. It doesn't have any installation details but the guy advertises himself as willing to ship and gives his mobile number. From the video, one can see that he is using an iso to quad adapter with built-in canbus unit. He might be having one without canbus too. Search YouTube for 'rcd330 plus'. His video is bound to pop-up if searched from India. Deal at your own risk.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks