Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2018, 21:53   #391
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweaker View Post
It should fit nicely. The polo might need an iso to quadlock connector. And I checked the link you've shared and it looks like that unit has the 187B firmware on it. You could tell him to order from https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RCD3...866291526.html instead as this one has the latest 187E firmware and the price difference is barely a thousand rupees.

Both units are sold by the same seller who has a good reputation.
Will a ISO Quad Lock connector be needed for 2013 Vento RCD 330G ?
Old 7th October 2018, 19:11   #392

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Quote:
Basically the OPS (rear and front parking sensors) won't show up on the screen like it does on RCD510 and the audio and call information won't show up on the instrument cluster screen (both standard on the Jetta HL).

Screen resolution is fantastic and the touch response is as good as that on our smartphones. Sunlight legibility is again excellent because of the matte screen and decent brightness.

Google MAPS...works. Two finger zoom and dragging across the maps is a bit cumbersome right now but that is not the units fault and basically needs to be resolved by Google at an app level. Haven't tried it with Android Auto yet but I can live with the Carplay version for now.

Overall I'm quite happy with the purchase. Audio quality is just like the old unit. The unit looks like it came with the car as standard equipment and even bluetooth telephony works like a charm. Would totally recommend getting this unit if anyone wants to add a ton of functionality for not a lot of money.
Thank you for the information. I am thinking if I can install RCD510 to my 2015 Vento TDI DSG version. I prefer to install front sensors as well.
I like to know if I can install RCD510? If yes,
* Can please give the direct link from Aliexpress who is a good seller with reasonable pricing.
* What type of front sensor I need to buy to install at front( need the number of sensors as well)
* What other accessories I need to buy to complete the installation?

Thank you for help.
Old 9th October 2018, 15:52   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauldsouza View Post
Will a ISO Quad Lock connector be needed for 2013 Vento RCD 330G ?
Not exactly sure if any Ventos come with the Quadlock connector. You could just open up the center console and look at the connector if you are comfortable with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco-nut View Post
Thank you for the information. I am thinking if I can install RCD510 to my 2015 Vento TDI DSG version. I prefer to install front sensors as well.
I like to know if I can install RCD510? If yes,
* Can please give the direct link from Aliexpress who is a good seller with reasonable pricing.
* What type of front sensor I need to buy to install at front( need the number of sensors as well)
* What other accessories I need to buy to complete the installation?

Thank you for help.
Any particular reason why you are opting for the RCD510 instead of the RCD330+/340? The 510 doesn't come with Android Auto/Apple CarPlay and even has an inferior screen resolution and touchscreen sensitivity AFAIK.

My car came with 8K OPS (front and rear parking sensors) from the factory hence I do not know what hardware you need to order for your car. You could refer to https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...olo-vento.html (DIY: Installing OPS (Optical Parking System) in the VW Polo / Vento) if you need more information on installing the sensors.
tweaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 15:03   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Okay so a quick update. I received the HU that I had ordered from AliExpress today. Didn't get much time to fiddle around with the system yet but initial impressions are stellar. Installation was a breeze, was able to remove the old HU and install the new one in under 20 minutes.

Attaching a not so great pic of the finished installation.

Hi, I'm also thinking of ordering this as there is a 11.11 sale going on AliExpress. Would you mind sharing how much you paid in USD? Also what shipping option did you choose?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10th November 2018, 19:55   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Hi, I'm also thinking of ordering this as there is a 11.11 sale going on AliExpress. Would you mind sharing how much you paid in USD? Also what shipping option did you choose?

Thanks in advance.
Apologies for the late response. I had got mine for around 220 USD shipped. Don't remember what the shipping method was but when ordering, I had chosen seller's shipping method. The seller also marked down the price on the invoice to just 23 USD stating that the unit was a broken 187E meant to be used for parts. Luckily, customs did not seize it and I did not have to pay any duty on the HU but your mileage may vary. Do contact the seller before you place the order and they will be able to help you out with the specifics if you need any. And be prepared to wait for some time before you get the product in hand; mine took around a month to get delivered.
Old 11th November 2018, 11:03   #396

Hi Everyone,

So after reading through the extensive discussions on the RCD330/340 I decided to take the plunge and order one from ali express from the same seller that was recommended on here.

So I bought this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Orig...921976719.html

and since my Polo comfortline 2011 does not have a quadlock harness nor does it have a canbus, I also bought the ISO to QuadLock harness with the canbus simulator. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/PQ35...005693732.html

I had talked with the seller about a reverse camera module as well so as per his suggention I also bought https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...864424523.html

The seller was very prompt in their communication with me and answered all the questions I had. So I made the purchase and within a week I had all the required components shipped to me via Gati.

The installation of the HU itself was a breeze and was completely plug and play. Everything worked flawlessly, with the head unit turning on and off when the key was inserted and removed. Plus it integrated with the lights so that the buttons illuminate with a red backlight and the interface adjusts in brightness when the car's lights are turned on. Android auto and car play worked as advertised although I found it a tad bit slow to respond but nothing I cannot live with. This was all well and good. So I went ahead with the installation of the reverse camera.

Now since this would involve much more work of finding the correct wires in the tail light and to sort of run all the wires around I opted to take the help of a garage I usually go to. The electrical guy promptly enough was able to figure out everything and get things wired up before I needed to explain anything. at this point, I found that he wasn't using the delay timer module that the seller of the HU had provided in the box. Since I had read in the discussion that without the delay timer I might run into some problems with errors cropping up in the operation of the reverse camera I mentioned the same to the electrical guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
So after installing delay timer, rear view camera is working like a charm. I was busy so couldn't upload a video.
He wasn't too convinced he should be using it in the circuit but he finally did use it. We wired everything up as per

We wired everything up and engaged the reverse gear and we got an error 'rearview camera is not available' we kept scratching our heads for quite a while as to why this was happening and then found out later that the camera itself wasn't getting any power. Hunting around we finally found that the delay timer was the issue and that it had some kind of a loose connection which wasn't sending power correctly to the camera. So to test things out we removed the delay timer from the circuit to try a direct connection and viloa the camera started working and the head unit started showing the video feed.

So now that we were happy with the circuits the electical guy started putting everything back together (since we had all the wired sort of just laid out outside the car to test everything out) once he had rewired everything and put eveything back one final test and we found that the reverse gear would not trigger the head unit at all. This time the camera was getting power but the HU was not being triggered into the reverse camera mode. The bigger problem I realized was that the HU's backlight on the buttons had come on without the car's lights being on. When we tried removing the key to hard reboot it the HU would not turn off. It was acting as though the canbus simulator was not there in the harness. We checked all the connections, tried removing and refitting the canbus simulator module and tried hard rebooting the HU by long pressing the power button for 10 seconds but no joy. My feeling is that somehow we damaged the canbus simulator ?

Or could it be something wrong in the wiring that the electrical guy did in the final assembly? Now I feel like it wasn't worth getting the reverse camera at all. The HU was working flawlessly before I jumped on this adventure. Everyone seems to be looking at me and saying "we told you not to buy stuff online!" and "these Chinese things are just like that" Although I don't feel that. I still feel the HU is pretty awesome. It's just that these electrical things sorta mess with a noob like me.

The next best thing I have thought of doing is to buy a new canbus simulator with the quadlock adaptor to see if it will solve the issue. I mean the head unit still works but its just that it won't turn off on its own and that will cause a battery drain.

If anyone has any other ideas or if they have also run into this problem and can suggest a solution it would be awesome. Please do let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post

Thanks in advance.
I just bought mine from this seller.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/387...32077f9cCOs3Sd

The fellow is very responsive and even gave me the 11.11 discounts without having to wait for 11.11 to come around. I bought the 183E version and it cost be about 183 USD. The seller was gracious enough to mark down the price so I did not have to pay any customs. The shipping method was Special Line-YW and it was quite quick. I am in Mumbai and the package reached me in under 5 days. The Indian part of the shipping was done by Gati courier.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th November 2018 at 14:38. Reason: Back to back posts merged + smileys = 2 per post. Thanks.
Old 26th November 2018, 01:57   #397
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if it has been posted here before, but if your system version is
187A Desay - The first one on this link http://rcd330plus.com/showthread.php?tid=1

Then you can use http://rcd330plus.com/showthread.php?tid=167

It lets you mirror phone screen on your RCD330, and works well.

I just installed.

This guy charges usd 26 and gives full support over whatsapp.
Old 29th December 2018, 11:49   #398
BHPian

Lots of information on this thread but it is still a little confusing. For a 2012/13 Vento - if I want to upgrade to an ICE system which has Android Auto - which one you reckon is ideal? I don't mind ordering from overseas. Thanks
Old 30th December 2018, 00:23   #399
BHPian

Is the RCD 330G+/340G+ sound quality the same as RCD330? Would the amplifier remain the same as the ones from VW India for the units shipped from china? I'm wondering about this because the RCD330 has excellent sound, and it would be a bummer if the sound quality deteriorates.

I see there is a version now manufactured in India by Visteon. Wondering if we can get hold of these units. RCD340G
VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-d7b922be1a3d4511b9a4436a2911db89.jpeg
avanishphatak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 19:14   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanishphatak View Post
Is the RCD 330G+/340G+ sound quality the same as RCD330? Would the amplifier remain the same as the ones from VW India for the units shipped from china? I'm wondering about this because the RCD330 has excellent sound, and it would be a bummer if the sound quality deteriorates.

I see there is a version now manufactured in India by Visteon. Wondering if we can get hold of these units. RCD340G
Attachment 1832342
Update: The VW service centre in Bangalore got back on the query. R340G is available for 45,000/- INR on order. I feel its a little too pricey.
Old 12th April 2019, 09:05   #401

Is there a way to fit 360 degree view parking camera in R340G/RCD330 for Volkswagen Vento?

i am looking for something like below item.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/360-HD-Univ....c100677.m4598
Old 27th April 2019, 08:04   #402
BHPian

Need suggestions to a long due query. I bought the rcd330+ over an year ago and fixed it myself to the Fabia. I used a connector cable bought from the same dealer on AliExpress.
However, I realized the audio quality was worse. I left for Japan after and couldn't get the issue sorted.
I later realized that the connector cable wasn't required and can directly be connected using the existing cable ( based on the plug and pins design, still not sure if I am right)
However, the problem persists.
1) The sound quality is worse than the Dance ICE device.
2) device turns off after 30mins.
3) doesn't connect to Bluetooth and asks me to switch On the engine ( even though it's turned on)

Could the experts suggest what to do to get over this? I'll be here for a few weeks and want to make sure it works.

Last edited by 21Archer84 : 27th April 2019 at 08:05.
Old 25th July 2019, 09:11   #403
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the insights on the topics here. I want to speak to someone who will be able to guide me through the basics of this upgrade.

I have a Polo 1.6 Petrol 2011 vehicle with a RCD 330 Plus (with mirrorlink). I have just bought the car from a guy who had upgraded the system but couldnt really configure the system completely. I am facing the following issues with the system.
  • Bluetooth connection is patchy, it disconnects and reconnects any phone I pair at sporadic intervals. When its working, it works as it is supposed to with phone and music playing as they are supposed to.
  • The rearview camera is installed but doesnt work. I understand that it never worked post installation of RCD 330 Plus (Its the well integrated with number plate rear view camera type, without any holes drilled).
  • Mirror link doesnt work with even a Samsung S8 (which is a compatible device on the website)

I understand that I will need to study the current set-up, understand whats missing and then address the missing elements, but I am not a very DIY guy when it comes to electronics. Hence seeking help.
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 12:29   #404
BHPian

Does the Call records and other details of Bluetooth show on the MID? (instrument cluster). Thinking of getting the Dessay 187B for my Jetta MK6 2012 Comfortline. Currently I had changed my stock unit to the RCD510. Now want to get it with parking sensor and bluetooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acemanhiflier View Post
Got a new Desay AV RCD330G Plus HU from Shailender, Delhi in good condition.

Installed it in my 2014 Jetta 1.4TSI CL. The vehicle had a QuadLock connector so nothing else was required and the installation went smooth in 15-mins. b.t.w. the factory fitted HU was a Desay AV RCD300.

Now everything (clock, temperature, dimming, MFSW etc.) is working, other than OPS. I have the 8K OPS on CAN bus, confirmed from a VCDS scan. When I put the vehicle in reverse, the HU lowers the volume also, but no OPS display. Same is the case with Climate Control. I am also not getting any phone info on the Instrument Cluster display. Seems as if the HU is getting all info, but is unable to send anything on the CAN bus...

I am unable to address the HU in VCDS. Tried enabling it in the Installed List of CAN Gateway also, but no luck. It simply does not show up in VCDS.

Any suggestions from the experts/veterans?
Old 16th September 2019, 09:01   #405
BHPian

I have a 2015 Skoda Rapid Elegance 1.5 with the stock RCD 320. After a lot of research, I am ordering the No-name 187B (green light) from AliExpress. I tried contacting / connecting with Shalinder from Delhi, but his attitude is horrible. He barely spoke to me for 20 seconds (tried thrice), gave me inflated prices and sounded as if he was doing me a favour. Taking my chances with AE. Not doing business with someone who doesn't want to!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks