Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2006, 09:02   #4636
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639
When you say the amp is grainy what exactly does that mean?

Should i lower the low, mid and high or the bass and treble too? They both are similar in terms of frequency but 2 different settings on the HU.

What about the amp input level, is it set correctly? I tried increasing the input level to around 1V or 2V but then the volume needs to be cranked up more from the HU as a result with fader set to 0 stresses the front 4" speakers.

I've tried setting the frequency also in between all the ranges for low, mid and high but wasnt sure if this is the way to do it.

I have 4" dual cones in the front instead of 2-way coax since i had a pair of kenwood KSC-ST30 tweeters already and going for coax would give too much treble.
Navinji, I reduced the level for the low[0], mid[+1] and high[0]. the level for bass and treble is still the same at +3 for both. I am able to crank the volume 30+. The amp input level is still 0.7V.

I had mentioned my rear 6X9's are in custom made boxes. how does this affect the sound compared to the mdf tray?

Also, i dont think i'll be able to try out the bass blockers as the speakers are a pain to remove and I'm a little lazy to sit with the soldering gun. Reducing the levels has helped and the fronts dont jar anymore.

Any advice on the frequency settings. Are those ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok
Speakers on the dash and tweeters on the top of the windshield should be ok. Speakers in door speaker-pods near your feet and the tweeters on top of the windshield (which is what Navin was referring to, I'm sure) will be a definite no no.

But isn't your front soundstage a bit too high? I would bring the tweeters down to the dash or to the bottom of the A-pillar to get the imaging better, and lower the soundstage just a little.

From what I've read, the best way of not ruining the imaging by placing the woofer, mids and tweeters far apart is to make sure that all 3 drivers [(w+m+t) in case of 3-way comps, and both drivers (w+t), in the case of 2-way comps] are installed within a max distance of 12 inches. That is, end-to-end, the woofer, mids and tweeters should be within a total of 12 inches. Now this is a rule of thumb and not a hard-and-fast rule. It is something like an ideal distance, without allowing for the peculiarities of each install.
@hydrashok: actually my soundstage is more towards the rear since my rears are amp driven and the fronts are really weak 4" dual cones.

I'm guessing the distance now will be around 30" if not a little more. I guess the best way is to move the tweeters down also since they are pointing down and not towards me.

I dont have compos in the front its just 4" dual cone and tweeters. I am guessing the tweeters are connected in parallel. Is this how is it done?
Old 6th November 2006, 10:28   #4637
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Navinji, I reduced the level for the low[0], mid[+1] and high[0]. the level for bass and treble is still the same at +3 for both. Reducing the levels has helped and the fronts dont jar anymore.Any advice on the frequency settings. Are those ok??
The sad thing is that changing the settings will also change the settings for the rear so if you reduce the bass further the rear bass will also reduce henec the idea of using bass blockers for the front speakers.
Old 6th November 2006, 10:54   #4638
Team-BHP Support

Yeah navinji that's true. I'll have to sit with the soldering when i get sometime.

By using the bas blockers there wont be any bass element from the element only vocals and highs. Wont that be a little uncomfortable to listen to.

Also how are the tweeters generally connected to the HU along with the 4"? In parallel right.
Will the tweeters have an inline HPF?
Old 6th November 2006, 10:58   #4639
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes they will.
Old 6th November 2006, 11:04   #4640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also how are the tweeters generally connected to the HU along with the 4"? In parallel right.
Yep, vid. When wiring speakers and tweeters (non-comps), the installers wire 'em in parallel.

Not too sure about inline HPF. What make are your tweeters? Some tweeters do have inline HPF/built-in HPF. Nippon tweeters that my dealer offered to me when I bought my Palio had "built-in HPF filters".
Old 6th November 2006, 11:14   #4641
Team-BHP Support

here hydrashok these are the tweeters:

http://www.kenwoodaudio.com/singapor...Model=KFC-ST30

Going by the frequency response i think they have built in HPF.

I think as Sam said generally tweeters have built in HPF. I remember now opening up a DAPIC tweeter and it had a RC circuit soldered on.
Old 6th November 2006, 11:38   #4642
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
By using the bas blockers there wont be any bass element from the element only vocals and highs. Wont that be a little uncomfortable to listen to.
all you are doing is rolling of the bass below 150Hz that too at 6db./octave so it wont be that bad it will be a lot better than the jarring. besides it is reversable so you can remove the bass blockers if you dont like them.
Old 6th November 2006, 13:23   #4643
Senior - BHPian

vid, though they don't mention anything about the built-in HPF on the website, I guess the tweeters do have them. The nippon tweeters I mentioned in my earlier post had a circuit soldered on too. I don't know how they sounded, though. I didn't let the car dealer guy sell them to me then.
Old 6th November 2006, 17:54   #4644
BHPian

All Audio Gurus please help me in selecting new ICE system in my Honda city. We installed
JVC double din HU
Alpine speakers(Not knowing the model no.s as it was installed 2 years back)

City was badly effected in recent Floods in Surat. We got it repaired and now its a time to chnge ICE too.

My Budget is around 20K. I am more into SQ then SPL. (dekha mene ICE section padha hai...)

So mainly I am looking for good HU with MP3 and front and rear speakers..

Waiting for your suggestions

Kunal
Old 6th November 2006, 18:36   #4645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunaldhami

My Budget is around 20K. I am more into SQ then SPL. (dekha mene ICE section padha hai...)
Lagta hai Yeh thread padhna Bhool Gaye

basic ICE - systems at various budgets -10K, 15K, 20K, 25K & 30K
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...k-25k-30k.html
Old 6th November 2006, 18:39   #4646
BHPian

@Techno : I have read that thread.but I posted here to get more spcific answer(with brands and model no.s)
Old 7th November 2006, 00:07   #4647
Senior - BHPian

kunaldhami,

HU - Pioneer for 8k.
Front - Components for 4-5k.
Rear - Co-Axials.3k.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 7th November 2006, 00:18   #4648
BHPian

Thnkas Mugen_power..but which brand should I look for speakers..
And how about blowpunkt HUs..We have Blowpunkt maui in our innova and I found its overall good..

Second question.How should I connect my ipod nano to HU?
using itrip or by using aux input??If aux then is ipod connection kit different for different HUs?
Old 7th November 2006, 01:08   #4649
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I dont knwo if this belongs here but here it goes:

Can please some one explain me how many types of sub woofer boxes are there and differences between. (them with pics if possible)

For e.g. ported etc etc...

Thanks.
Old 7th November 2006, 01:32   #4650
Senior - BHPian

abhibh,

Most common are Sealed and Ported box.
Sam covered the difference here in Glossary of ICE Terminology.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks