Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2012, 00:45   #316
BHPian

Re: Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai

Hello Chennai BHPians,

Any good fuel pumps serving unadulterated diesel in Chepauk-Royapettah-Anna Salai _ Mount Poonamallee - Porur route?
Old 18th October 2012, 10:58   #317
Senior - BHPian

^^There is a Shell bunk on the Mount - Porur route.
Old 18th October 2012, 20:19   #318
Senior - BHPian

^^ I don't think anyone will be a regular at Shell for the Diesel. It is expensive by almost 15 Rupees.

You can try with the BP pump at Venkatnarayana Road, T. Nagar. It is just off the Mount road from the Nandanam signal.
Old 31st October 2012, 21:47   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkglow View Post
Hello Chennai BHPians,

Any good fuel pumps serving unadulterated diesel in Chepauk-Royapettah-Anna Salai _ Mount Poonamallee - Porur route?
Hows the HP COCO Fuel Station next to Volkswagen showroom - Nandanam, Mount Road?
Old 31st October 2012, 22:42   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Hows the HP COCO Fuel Station next to Volkswagen showroom - Nandanam, Mount Road?
I have tanked up there a couple of times and refilled quite a lot. Nothing great about the fuel station but they are not bad as well. I haven't seen any sort of malpractice attempt from the attendants. One problem I have noticed is that they close early sometimes i.e. at 9-9.30 p.m. Otherwise experience is satisfactory.

Cheers,
K
Old 31st October 2012, 23:34   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
I have tanked up there a couple of times and refilled quite a lot. Nothing great about the fuel station but they are not bad as well. I haven't seen any sort of malpractice attempt from the attendants. One problem I have noticed is that they close early sometimes i.e. at 9-9.30 p.m. Otherwise experience is satisfactory.

Cheers,
K
I hope they don't serve adulterated fuel (diesel)
Old 1st November 2012, 12:56   #322
BHPian

Quote:
I hope they don't serve adulterated fuel (diesel)
I have been filling there regularly for the past 6 months and did not have any issues.

Previously, I had been filling up at BP in Venkatnarayana Road and once I filled at HP COCO, suddenly I felt the car to be little more smoother. Immediately when I was about to discuss this with my wife, she said that she is also feeling the same. Dont know WHY? After that I got moved to HPCL COCO next VW Showroom.

My Figo D's mileage has been around 16 (One Year old car) and I only saw a increase in mileage and now it is hovering around 16.7 to 17, 100% AC and Weekend inside City and regular days on the OMR.
Ananthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 09:35   #323
Team-BHP Support

The worst pump I have come across till date is the BP pump at the LHS end of Velachery Main Road, Guindy. (Opposite the Park Hyatt). Absolutely disgusting behaviour from the staff, repeatedly.

I went there one day last week to tank up my Maestro. I told clearly "full tank" but the attendant filled for just 50/- While I told him I had asked for a full tank- he told me that my rear tyre was having only less air and I should get it checked. The moment I looked at the tyre- he resumed from 50, and seeing the tyre I understood he just wanted to distract me. Later-on, as expected he wanted 50+280= Rs 330. I left the argument as my Tamil is weak and anyways they will all stand with the attendant only.

Later-on, when I started talking to my wife about this- she told they do it everytime. Even though she tells Rs 200 in English, Tamil and even signal with hand- they still fill for Rs 50 and tell her sorry, 'how much did you ask?'. Many times they told her the same 'less air' story too. But she had no idea they were cheating her everytime. Infact, she didn't know they could resume without resetting back to Rs 0/-

Yesterday again she had to visit the pump as the scoot had very less fuel. She told repeatedly in English, Tamil and even wrote on her hand and told Rs 200/-, and they still stopped at Rs 50/- and asked 'sorry madam, evalom kette?'. She told Rs 50, paid the amount and left the bunk swearing never to return there again.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 5th December 2012 at 09:36.
Old 5th December 2012, 10:04   #324
Senior - BHPian

^^^While it does help to know the local lingo, in this case, it does not really matter. The next time it happens, ask for the complaint register and then you should see them falling in line.
Please also file a complaint online with BP mentioning the cheating being done. The least we should do to avoid this is to protest and complain to the authorities.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 10:43   #325
Senior - BHPian

My first observation about Chennai petrol bunks is that, they are very large in size.Some of the HP bunks, for example: HP bunk on Mount Road very close to Theyagarya Rd intersection is very big.
Its been a month since I have been in Chennai and I faced many problems, mainly language problems. They just wont understand words like " Full Tank" or "Fill only for Rs.500". I had a tough time to make them understand that 2T oil needs to be mixed in petrol for a scooter. I dont think any bunk has pre-mixed petrol for scooters.
I decided to learn few key words, phrases that are related to petrol filling !!!!

Last edited by hillram : 5th December 2012 at 10:44.
Old 5th December 2012, 17:27   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram
My first observation about Chennai petrol bunks is that, they are very large in size.
Yeah and they employ such a lot of attendants that I always wonder how they make a profit after paying all those folks. Especially since they are always complaining that the commission per litre of fuel is too less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram
Its been a month since I have been in Chennai and I faced many problems, mainly language problems. They just wont understand words like " Full Tank" or "Fill only for Rs.500". I had a tough time to make them understand that 2T oil needs to be mixed in petrol for a scooter. I dont think any bunk has pre-mixed petrol for scooters.
I am a little surprised they did not understand "Full tank" because that is what someone knowing Tamil would also say. Regarding 2T oil, I do remember seeing bunks having dispensers which give out pre-mixed 2T oil. Please note that most bunks here have different dedicated dispensers for bikes (usually the ones located way inside) and there one will be only-petrol while another would be pre-mixed. Since most autos need 2T and Chennai is auto-country, it surprises me that they won't have a premixed dispenser for that section of their clientele.

For the Scooty back home, I usually buy & keep in the bike a 500ml/1000ml can of 2T oil and dispense it myself while fuelling. Ensures the oil is clean and quantity is correct and price is cheaper than what bunks charge. Another option is the 50ml / 100ml satchets, but I would not suggest that since it leads to plastic waste generation.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 5th December 2012 at 17:28.
Old 23rd December 2012, 10:40   #327
BHPian

Guys,any CNG stations in Chennai in the Anna Nagar-Mogappair-Ambattur area??
Old 23rd December 2012, 23:04   #328
BHPian

^^^ I don't think Chennai has CNG fuel stations although I am aware MTC is planning to have buses running on CNG. Or did you mean LPG fueling station?
Old 24th December 2012, 04:53   #329
BHPian

Nope I meant CNG.There are a number of CNG-powered taxis and privately owned vehicles plying on the city roads.
Old 24th December 2012, 07:54   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Guys,any CNG stations in Chennai in the Anna Nagar-Mogappair-Ambattur area??
I guess the one near Koyambedu private (omni) bus terminus has it. Not sure though. This is the nearest bunk I can think of near AnnaNagar / Mogappair.
iamswift is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks