Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2010, 09:02   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
210 BHP requires a bigger gearbox as in Tata 4921 which was fitted with imported Eaton gearbox and axle. The model wasn't successful due to high price and had to be discontinued. The new ..18 series has a desi gearbox and has replaced the ..21 series.
Are you speaking about the failure of TML 4921. AFAIK,they are selling in huge numbers in Rajasthan, by far the largest market for Tractor trailors.
Old 10th July 2010, 12:54   #212
Senior - BHPian

I am slowly but surely seeing a rise in the number of Tata 4921s on the road these days, but that number is not even close to the number of AMW 4923s one can spot on the road. They seem to have a monopoly in the 49 tonne segment.

BTW, I have been seeing a couple of Hino 500 series rigid trucks , probably for sale or demo(?) at the Toyota dealer here in Pune. They look okay really, but the cabin from outside looks more like that on a chinese truck.
Old 26th July 2010, 22:37   #213
BHPian

mods pls delete earlier post
just saw these volvos pulling very heavy loads from gujrat to bathinda refinery , the colors of the trucks were amazing & there were two pullers attached to one load , there were three of them & huge crowds gathered to saw these
Attached Thumbnails
The Heavy Trucks thread-image0086.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-image0087.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-image0088.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-image0089.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-image0090.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-image0091.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-image0095.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-image0096.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-image0097.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-image0100.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-image0102.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-image0103.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-image0104.jpg  

Old 27th July 2010, 05:12   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satnam141 View Post
mods pls delete earlier post
just saw these volvos pulling very heavy loads from gujrat to bathinda refinery , the colors of the trucks were amazing & there were two pullers attached to one load , there were three of them & huge crowds gathered to saw these
Stunning machinery and sunning cargo. I think they are distillation towers.
Old 28th July 2010, 15:41   #215
BHPian

Guys, just saw this a while ago on the way to office. This is a multi-axle truck (8 wheels) used by defense. The question is, i saw a "Tatra" written on it along with BEML. I thought the heavy vehicles for defense is manufactured by BEML alone. never knew there is a collaboration with Tatra. Does any one have more details?
Attached Thumbnails
The Heavy Trucks thread-dsc01898.jpg  

Old 28th July 2010, 16:13   #216
Senior - BHPian

I still haven't seen the Mahindra Navistar collection on the road. why?
Old 28th July 2010, 16:27   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZENnist View Post
Guys, just saw this a while ago on the way to office. This is a multi-axle truck (8 wheels) used by defense. The question is, i saw a "Tatra" written on it along with BEML. I thought the heavy vehicles for defense is manufactured by BEML alone. never knew there is a collaboration with Tatra. Does any one have more details?
bharat earth movers have license since very long ago to built tatra and similar stuff.
Old 28th July 2010, 16:51   #218
Senior - BHPian

Tatra trucks license-built by BEML continue to have their steering on the wrong side (Left hand drive) even though BEML has been assembling these trucks for a long long time now. An extra crew member is required on each army truck because of this limitation. What a criminal waste of human resources! On the other hand, Tatra trucks made by Vectra India have right hand drive.

What's interesting about Tatra trucks is that their engines are air-cooled!

Last edited by directinjection : 28th July 2010 at 16:52.
Old 28th July 2010, 17:01   #219
BHPian

Hopefully we may see Kamaz Vectra trucks on Indian roads!!!
Quote:
Tatra trucks license-built by BEML continue to have their steering on the wrong side (Left hand drive) even though BEML has been assembling these trucks for a long long time now. An extra crew member is required on each army truck because of this limitation. What a criminal waste of human resources! On the other hand, Tatra trucks made by Vectra India have right hand drive.

Old 28th July 2010, 18:22   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I still haven't seen the Mahindra Navistar collection on the road. why?
Yesterday night I saw a Mahindra Navistar with a 3rd axle behind the steering axle. I think its twin steerable, like that on the AL trucks with similar arrangements.
Old 29th July 2010, 00:25   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
An extra crew member is required on each army truck because of this limitation. What a criminal waste of human resources! On the other hand, Tatra trucks made by Vectra India have right hand drive.

EVery army vehcile have driver and co-driver. Its a rule.
Old 31st July 2010, 21:16   #222
BHPian

Dont really know if these pics qualify for heavy trucks or classic commercial vehicles but still adding it to the continuation of this thread.

While traveling through Calicut, i saw this incredible truck which is an Ashok Leyland Hippo and am sure this is a vintage piece which is atleast some 40-50 years old. Dont really know when this one was produced but its owned by KSEB. this one was carrying a transformer.
Note the old AL logo which looks like a bird with 2 boxer dogs looking from the opposite direction.
A pristine vehicle still going strong. Hats off to KSEB for maintaining it in all its true form.
Attached Thumbnails
The Heavy Trucks thread-dsc0012a.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-dsc00125.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-dsc00124.jpg  

urzdeepu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2010, 21:25   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urzdeepu View Post
Dont really know if these pics qualify for heavy trucks or classic commercial vehicles but still adding it to the continuation of this thread.

While traveling through Calicut, i saw this incredible truck which is an Ashok Leyland Hippo and am sure this is a vintage piece which is atleast some 40-50 years old. Dont really know when this one was produced but its owned by KSEB. this one was carrying a transformer.
Note the old AL logo which looks like a bird with 2 boxer dogs looking from the opposite direction.
A pristine vehicle still going strong. Hats off to KSEB for maintaining it in all its true form.
Looks incredibly well-maintained, just like it came out of the factory yesterday.

Looking at the grille, this must be a truck from the early '70s (before 1974)

Last edited by hvkumar : 31st July 2010 at 21:26.
Old 31st July 2010, 21:26   #224
BHPian

Quote:

MODS : I think this post would be more aptly placed in this thread - A Little Heavy Haulage History.
Old 31st July 2010, 21:27   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Whoa! Thats quite a truck! Hats off to KSEB for maintaining it so well. The load looks heavy as well.

BTW, the Kerala MVD website says this truck was registered on April 14, 1979. That means the truck is over 31 years old now!

This brings another question, are commercial vehicles older than 15 years allowed?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks