Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2009, 14:55   #1
BHPian

Remote Boot Opener in ALTO LXi - Edit: Info on Pg 3 & 8 and a Detailed DIY on pg 13

Mod Note : Fusspot's step-by-step DiY procedure for Remote Boot Release Installation on the Maruti Alto can be found at this link

Hi Gurus,

I have a ALTO Lxi which has a remote fuel lid open lever but lacks one to open the boot. It's very difficult to get out of the car everytime to open the boot while entering the office building or say while entering a shopping mall hence I was thinking if there is a way to retrofit the lever and cable assembly from a similar vehicle like say the Zen or if there was a MGA / MGP available which could take care of my issue?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by GTO : 20th February 2012 at 13:52. Reason: Adding link to Fusspot's DIY post
Old 14th April 2009, 15:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was thinking if there is a way to retrofit the lever and cable assembly from a similar vehicle like say the Zen
The Alto VX/i had remote Boot release but I am not sure how easy/difficult/possible it is to get it in LX/i
Old 14th April 2009, 15:21   #3
BHPian

Check this link. It may help you to some extent
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...se-set-up.html
Old 14th April 2009, 16:25   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
The Alto VX/i had remote Boot release but I am not sure how easy/difficult/possible it is to get it in LX/i
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Check this link. It may help you to some extent
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...se-set-up.html
thanks guys...but I want to know if it is possible to have a remote boot release in an ALTO without tinkering much.

Last edited by sabret00the : 14th April 2009 at 16:27.
Old 14th April 2009, 16:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
thanks guys...but I want to know if it is possible to have a remote boot release in an ALTO without tinkering much.
I think it may not be needed. Once I changed the cable that connects the Lever near the seat to the boot lock in my Zen. It is running below the carpet and so it should be just the question of routing.
Old 17th April 2009, 15:20   #6
BHPian

Quote:

Just guesses on this one. There must be Boot release cable and locking assembly available with Maruti for Alto VXi and that can be put to use here.

Do let us know if the project comes out to be a success. It would be a boon for us Alto owners
Old 27th April 2009, 17:37   #7
BHPian

This should be an easy thing to fix, since the remote boot-lid is available in the Vx. I'm guessing you'd need the remote lever, the cable, & the lock (if it is different between the Lx & the Vx). I can put up the part numbers if anyone requires them...

Its a very handy thing to have, not sure why Maruti chose to axe it in the Lx, how much could they have saved anyway ?
Old 27th April 2009, 17:46   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
This should be an easy thing to fix, since the remote boot-lid is available in the Vx. I'm guessing you'd need the remote lever, the cable, & the lock (if it is different between the Lx & the Vx). I can put up the part numbers if anyone requires them...

Its a very handy thing to have, not sure why Maruti chose to axe it in the Lx, how much could they have saved anyway ?
Thanks a lot for the help. If you could please put up the part numbers then that would be of great help. Further if you could tell me whether the existing boot "lock" needs to be changed or not?

Thanks
Old 27th April 2009, 17:48   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
& the lock (if it is different between the Lx & the Vx)
The lock was different in VX & LX but the new Alto(clear lens headlamp) has same lock as that in VX.

Basically the VX had no push lock i.e. just turn the key & lock opens while the LX had push type lock i.e. turn the key & push the button to unlock & open gate.
Old 27th April 2009, 18:05   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The lock was different in VX & LX but the new Alto(clear lens headlamp) has same lock as that in VX.

Basically the VX had no push lock i.e. just turn the key & lock opens while the LX had push type lock i.e. turn the key & push the button to unlock & open gate.
the m800 type lock only came in the initial batch and after that all altos even mine 2002 came with the turn key type let me check and see is hing is present to attach a cable
Old 27th April 2009, 18:18   #11
BHPian

Quote:

so it looks like I might not have to change the lock since mine is a LXI (clear lens headlight type)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
see if hing is present to attach a cable
that's exactly what I need to find out now.

Last edited by sabret00the : 27th April 2009 at 18:19.
Old 28th April 2009, 10:24   #12
BHPian

Alto - Rear hatch lock & remote release - parts

Hi, the relevant parts from the Alto's parts catalog - RF308 refers to the Alto Lx, RF410 refers to the Alto Vx. The first pic is the rear hatch lock assembly:

Name:  Hatch_02.png
Views: 16944
Size:  516.6 KB

It appears that the rear hatch 'striker' alone needs to be checked for compatibility with remote release. The second pic is the remote release levers & cable:

Remote Boot Opener in ALTO LXi - Edit: Info on Pg 3 & 8 and a Detailed DIY on pg 13-hatch_03.png
im_srini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2009, 11:18   #13
BHPian

thanks a ton srini. I wish Tbhp followed the rep system.
Old 28th April 2009, 11:52   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

no even the old alto lx models have the turn the key and lock open system. the push types were present on m800.
i think we can put the cable similar to alto VX and route it below the seat. but you will need a lever as srini posted in above part list.
i will try to check the VX lock system and cross check it with LX.
Old 28th April 2009, 12:15   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
no even the old alto lx models have the turn the key and lock open system. the push types were present on m800.
No Amit like Mankijeet said it was there in the first lot of Alto(the ones without power steering) My uncle had one & thats how I know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks