Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2009, 16:33   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
got the parts

but at the double cost

82650M79G00 - is the correct striker part no. 82650M79G10 is wrong.

the dealer in mumbai had scratched off the MRP. the dealer in pune showed me the receipt and charged 40 Rs for courier.

1. striker : Rs90
2. Lever : Rs 90
3. Cable : Rs 150

Total : 330 + 40 = 370.

Going for a DIY right now. will post the pics if i am successful. i think i have to tear off the mat a bit.
That's almost twice as much as I paid for the parts .
Old 30th May 2009, 16:55   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
That's almost twice as much as I paid for the parts .

man,
that is the difference between market oriented free economy of Maharashtra and communist led sociological economy of West Bengal.

do tearing of mat required?

@amit,
do it fast and post the pics of step by step activity. do tear off the mat as many places as you wish but show us the exact place where to tear off the mat.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 30th May 2009 at 17:02.
Old 30th May 2009, 18:43   #93
BHPian

remote boot opener for alto lxi

Hi Members,
I got the parts needed that is stricker:82650M79G00,Lever:83310M76G50,Cable:83350 M79G20 ,from ESSARR AUTOMOTIVES BANGALORE,today .
This was after a wait of 5 days,it costed me rs 200 and extra rs 20 for courier,regarding the courier charges it was mentioned earlier when i booked my parts,so it was fine with me,he said if you dont want to pay i will have to wait fifteen days,i immediately called Mr Lokesh from SURAKSHA ,bommanhalli ,and explained about the work ,he asked me to call Mr Girish from Body works ,spoke to him ,he said he will do the fitting on Monday ,he said its a long procedure have to remove seats and carpet to do so ,so will see how it goes on monday,tHANKS to all the members in this thread for the guidance ,will keep you updated once the work is done .bye Chetan
Old 30th May 2009, 20:26   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
man,
that is the difference between market oriented free economy of Maharashtra and communist led sociological economy of West Bengal.

do tearing of mat required?

@amit,
do it fast and post the pics of step by step activity. do tear off the mat as many places as you wish but show us the exact place where to tear off the mat.
dont worry man. the next order can be at MGP mrp .i paid the price of sourcing it in 24 hrs flat that too due to the third party dealer. but i saved on labour. this is how:

it was not a 20 min DIY as i thought. it took 2 hours of continuous labour for me

i had to remove the rear seat, the rear mat, the hatch trim, the woofer, the speaker box in short i stripped half of the car.

the cable took a toll on me as the bud(gundi) which has to be hooked in the lever was not going easily. i dint have a polish paper, nor did i have the filer. then an idea struck me. went upstairs and got the nail cutter and filed the bud all round. this took almost 20 min.

the most critical thing is routing the cable. you have to neatly route it throug the same port through which the fuel lid opener cable goes from. the fuel lid opener cable then bifercates towards left of the car from the rear seat and the boot opener cable to the right, from beneath the trims to the striker. you have to push pull and adjust many times.

then came the bugger original strikers turn. it just refused to come out. broke 2 screw drivers for the same. it was damn tight. then went to the neartest bike repair shop on my bike and got his huge T shaped screw driver with the help of which i was able to give more torque and open them.

see the circled part in the snaps. i had to tear out the mat where the lever is fitted. i will stitch it back.

so after bruises on my hand a few cuts, aching back and what not finally the DIY ordeal was over. but it was a great satisfaction when just at the flick of the lever the hatch door opens. the opening and closing of the hatch door is smoother than before now.
Attached Thumbnails
Remote Boot Opener in ALTO LXi - Edit: Info on Pg 3 & 8 and a Detailed DIY on pg 13-sdc11504.jpg  

Remote Boot Opener in ALTO LXi - Edit: Info on Pg 3 & 8 and a Detailed DIY on pg 13-sdc11505.jpg  

Remote Boot Opener in ALTO LXi - Edit: Info on Pg 3 & 8 and a Detailed DIY on pg 13-sdc11506.jpg  

Remote Boot Opener in ALTO LXi - Edit: Info on Pg 3 & 8 and a Detailed DIY on pg 13-sdc11507.jpg  

Remote Boot Opener in ALTO LXi - Edit: Info on Pg 3 & 8 and a Detailed DIY on pg 13-sdc11508.jpg  

Remote Boot Opener in ALTO LXi - Edit: Info on Pg 3 & 8 and a Detailed DIY on pg 13-sdc11509.jpg  

Remote Boot Opener in ALTO LXi - Edit: Info on Pg 3 & 8 and a Detailed DIY on pg 13-sdc11510.jpg  

Remote Boot Opener in ALTO LXi - Edit: Info on Pg 3 & 8 and a Detailed DIY on pg 13-sdc11511.jpg  

Remote Boot Opener in ALTO LXi - Edit: Info on Pg 3 & 8 and a Detailed DIY on pg 13-sdc11512.jpg  

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 30th May 2009 at 20:35.
Old 30th May 2009, 21:14   #95
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Nice, work.

It's do-able, but the cable laying work is a pain I think.

BTW - its a car you were operating on, those screwdrivers look like they are suited for computers , that's why they gave way.

Last edited by SLK : 30th May 2009 at 21:16.
Old 30th May 2009, 21:31   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Nice, work.

It's do-able, but the cable laying work is a pain I think.

BTW - its a car you were operating on, those screwdrivers look like they are suited for computers , that's why they gave way.
yes fitting the cables to the lever then routing them and the adjusting the striker is a pain.

yes those screwdrivers are chinese make but they were hardened ones, yes you are right they need to be used for home appliances.
i am planning to get the bosch kit. costs about 5k
Old 30th May 2009, 21:49   #97
BHPian

Remote Boot Opener

Quote:
yes fitting the cables to the lever then routing them and the adjusting the striker is a pain.

yes those screwdrivers are chinese make but they were hardened ones, yes you are right they need to be used for home appliances.
i am planning to get the bosch kit. costs about 5k
Congrats Amit,Good Job ,The cable you have doesnt look like a mgp,is it a good brand?
Old 30th May 2009, 22:24   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan5678 View Post
Congrats Amit,Good Job ,The cable you have doesnt look like a mgp,is it a good brand?
the cable is of some brand called NEW ERA with some genuine hologram on it. its sadly not MGP. but looking at the finish and the quality of plastic and the outer cover it seems that quality is good. also the cost printed on it is 170Rs.
generally a 2 wheeler cable of half the length also costs more than 100 bucks. however mgp is more cheaper. but i couldnt find it anywhere in pune.
Old 30th May 2009, 22:33   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
it was not a 20 min DIY as i thought. it took 2 hours of continuous labour for me

thats what i was expecting about timing.

nice work.

btw, had you teared off the mat? where? is it shown in the last pic?

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 30th May 2009 at 22:44.
Old 30th May 2009, 22:59   #100
BHPian

@ amit_mechengg : congrats dude. Now there are 2 ALTOs in TBHP to sport a remote boot release. I'm sure you'll agree it is worth the pain. Anyways in my case the pain part was taken care off by the mechanic at MASS.
Old 30th May 2009, 23:03   #101
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
@ amit_mechengg : congrats dude. Now there are 2 ALTOs in TBHP to sport a remote boot release. I'm sure you'll agree it is worth the pain. Anyways in my case the pain part was taken care off by the mechanic at MASS.
ALTOs [Not just Lx_], well yeah then mine too! So when are you getting power window? .

Interesting actually! No one here's got a Vxi?

EDIT: went back and searched the member list. 23 Vx/Vxis + mine. Out of the total Altos totaling to 671 + mine

Last edited by SLK : 30th May 2009 at 23:08.
Old 30th May 2009, 23:21   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
thats what i was expecting about timing.

nice work.

btw, had you teared off the mat? where? is it shown in the last pic?
yes the last circled part. i tried hard to fix the lever without tearing the mat. but my hand wouldnt go inside the cavity. also got a cut on the finger. so finally i cut about 40-50 cms of the mat.
Old 31st May 2009, 09:37   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so finally i cut about 40-50 cms of the mat.
oops!! 40-50 cm tear off!!
in the pic, it looks barely 4-5 cm.

Quote:
@ashishpallod-do tear off the mat as many places as you wish but show us the exact place where to tear off the mat.
ohho, i got it. you had teared off 50 cm but shown us the exact place of 5 cm to tear off. thanks.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 31st May 2009 at 09:40.
Old 31st May 2009, 11:17   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
ALTOs [Not just Lx_], well yeah then mine too! So when are you getting power window? .

Interesting actually! No one here's got a Vxi?

EDIT: went back and searched the member list. 23 Vx/Vxis + mine. Out of the total Altos totaling to 671 + mine
Nah scrapped the idea of Power Windows for the time being since "Home Ministry" didnt approve the funding for the same .

@ amit_mechengg: Dude seems like we have the same rear speakers but which JBL amp is that?

Last edited by sabret00the : 31st May 2009 at 11:20.
Old 31st May 2009, 12:39   #105
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Amit

Seems like its not really a small DIY but nevertheless looks like the effort is worth it all.

So when can you order the next lot? Let us all know, we will pay you first then you order them.

Looking forward to get this mod done for my car

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks