Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2009, 12:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
None of the older regular models of Alto & new ones came with parcel tray, I am not sure of the limited edition ones though.
Yes, they provide oe parcel tray at cost.
I had fitted that tray in my alto at the time of car delivery.

Limited edition ALTO spice came 6 months back. It was fully loaded car with body colored bumpers, power windows for front, body graphics, rear spoiler, leather seat covers, parcel tray and other goodies at the same price of regular alto lxi.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 17th May 2009 at 12:31.
Old 17th May 2009, 12:40   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then its an MGA & not oe stuff

Ususally when one says oe stuff then its something which is standard(atlest in one of the variants) on that car. Hope this clears
Old 18th May 2009, 12:19   #33
BHPian

Alto Spice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post

Limited edition ALTO spice came 6 months back. It was fully loaded car with body colored bumpers, power windows for front, body graphics, rear spoiler, leather seat covers, parcel tray and other goodies at the same price of regular alto lxi.

Small correction : Alto spice was launched 10 months back and the pricing was 30k more than the regular LXI variant.
Old 19th May 2009, 16:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

To my knowledge, Alto never use to get OE parcel shelf, but they use to provide sockets on either side of the boot to fix them. Were MDF or after market parcel shelf can be used, now new generation or Ltd edition alto doesn’t even provide the facility to fix the parcel shelf. Where we need to permanently fix them. which can’t be removed.
Earlier they use to provide fiber casing on either side of the boot,but they stop providing.Cost cutting
Old 19th May 2009, 17:19   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To my knowledge, Alto never use to get OE parcel shelf, but they use to provide sockets on either side of the boot to fix them.
Eggzactly

Quote:
Earlier they use to provide fiber casing on either side of the boot,but they stop providing.Cost cutting
Well the new Alto's dont have,

- Fiber casing panels at boot(VX had it on top as well) & on B pillar (yes the VX had it)
- Pockets below steering wheel to keep stuff

Anyways we have gone enough OT
Old 20th May 2009, 13:20   #36
BHPian

fibre castings

Yes my alto 04 lxi had the plastic mouldings attached to fix the parcel tray but the new alto 06 onwards does not have it.It has some sort of carpet material attached with staples !!! yes staples to hold it in place.You need to go to mass and buy those castings about 850 each one for the left side of the boot and one for the right side and then the oe trav will fit in the slot.I have done it to my aunts car. lxi 06.I have also fitted the oe plastic mouldings on the B & C pillars of the vxi alto and now inside my car there is absolutely no metal exposed.
Old 23rd May 2009, 01:02   #37
BHPian

Mission accomplished!!!

Took my car for servicing to MASS this morning. I had earlier spoken the Service Engineer who takes care of my car. He was a little hesitant but when I explained it to him that he doesnt need to modify anything since it's a direct fit from the ALTO VX. So he got hold of an enterprising mechanic who was more enthusiastic than me to get the Boot Release thing done. There are basically 3 things required. The new switch with 2 levers which replaces the existing one with 1 lever. The cable which connects the lock with the switch. And a new lock which has a hinge on it to hold the cable onto it. Took the mechanic barely 15-20 minutes to do the entire fitting. IMHO one doesnt even need to go to a mechanic or to MASS. Dedicate a Sunday morning to it and post a new DIY thread .
I'm posting poor quality cellphone pics for the time being. I'll post high resolution day time pics and the part number of the spares required for the entire job.

NOTE: No modifications were required. The 3 parts from the ALTO VX I mentioned above are direct fit onto the new ALTO Lxi.
Attached Thumbnails
Remote Boot Opener in ALTO LXi - Edit: Info on Pg 3 & 8 and a Detailed DIY on pg 13-dsc00002.jpg  

Remote Boot Opener in ALTO LXi - Edit: Info on Pg 3 & 8 and a Detailed DIY on pg 13-dsc00003.jpg  

Remote Boot Opener in ALTO LXi - Edit: Info on Pg 3 & 8 and a Detailed DIY on pg 13-dsc00004.jpg  

Remote Boot Opener in ALTO LXi - Edit: Info on Pg 3 & 8 and a Detailed DIY on pg 13-dsc00005.jpg  

Remote Boot Opener in ALTO LXi - Edit: Info on Pg 3 & 8 and a Detailed DIY on pg 13-dsc00006.jpg  

Remote Boot Opener in ALTO LXi - Edit: Info on Pg 3 & 8 and a Detailed DIY on pg 13-dsc00007.jpg  

sabret00the is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2009, 07:17   #38
SLK
Senior - BHPian

That's cool, if it just took 15-20 mins. I should do that to my wagonR too!. Hopefully wagonR VXi also had a remote release!.

Though I have an alto Vxi too, if that helps
Old 23rd May 2009, 10:04   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
doesnt need to modify anything since it's a direct fit from the ALTO VX.
NOTE: No modifications were required. The 3 parts from the ALTO VX I mentioned above are direct fit onto the new ALTO Lxi.
thats cool fit man.
what was the total cost?
now, i hope, all alto owners including me will rush to MASS.

Here i am, MASS.
Old 23rd May 2009, 16:01   #40
BHPian

@ all: thanks a lot for your suggestions and advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
That's cool, if it just took 15-20 mins. I should do that to my wagonR too!. Hopefully wagonR VXi also had a remote release!.

Though I have an alto Vxi too, if that helps
I think it did. I think you can go for the similar mod in the Wagon R as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
thats cool fit man.
what was the total cost?
now, i hope, all alto owners including me will rush to MASS.

Here i am, MASS.
Thanks dude. I'll be posting high resolution pics and all the cost details by tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
The Alto VX/i had remote Boot release but I am not sure how easy/difficult/possible it is to get it in LX/i
well turned out it's pretty simple.

Last edited by sabret00the : 23rd May 2009 at 16:03.
Old 23rd May 2009, 19:26   #41
BHPian

Not for wagon R

Hi the boot lid lock on the wagon R is not like rhe one of the new alto so I do not think it will work.The lock of the wagon R is like that of m800 and old alto where you must turn the key back to lock the tailgate whereas in the new alto once the tailgate is opened the key can be reomved straight away without the need to turn it to lock the tailgate.
Old 23rd May 2009, 19:41   #42
BHPian

congrats. great job, and that too you got it from A.S.S.
Old 23rd May 2009, 23:06   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
Hi the boot lid lock on the wagon R is not like rhe one of the new alto so I do not think it will work.The lock of the wagon R is like that of m800 and old alto where you must turn the key back to lock the tailgate whereas in the new alto once the tailgate is opened the key can be reomved straight away without the need to turn it to lock the tailgate.
Ok I was wrong about the Wagon R then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS Power View Post
congrats. great job, and that too you got it from A.S.S.
Yes I think they were the best people to get it done since they deal in Maruti vehicles only.
Old 25th May 2009, 02:37   #44
Senior - BHPian

Oh fantastic to see Shyamal featured on team-bhp.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2009, 15:55   #45
Senior - BHPian

I had this in my mind from many months,to steel all the features from Vxi to my Lxi.

1.Rpm meter:(New Alto never gets as part of speedo meter.Not sure its possible or not:Gurus shed some light on this.)
2.Pwr windows.(Autocop 4 door-step ahead of Vxi)
3.Tail gate opener.(Inprogress)
4.Rear wiper.(could be expensive)
5.Internal adjustable OVRM's.(Done)
6.??? finally guess what?? teaser.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 25th May 2009 at 15:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks