Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2009, 13:21   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
Nah scrapped the idea of Power Windows for the time being since "Home Ministry" didnt approve the funding for the same .

@ amit_mechengg: Dude seems like we have the same rear speakers but which JBL amp is that?
the amp i have is the Legendry JBL 75.4, 284 watts rms across the bridged channel. however i listen with the fader turned to the front illusion components. i hate listening through the rear JBL gto 937....
my home ministry too is not allowing to put the power windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
oops!! 40-50 cm tear off!!
in the pic, it looks barely 4-5 cm.

ohho, i got it. you had teared off 50 cm but shown us the exact place of 5 cm to tear off. thanks.
sorry man my mistake. messed up with the measurement. its 40-50 mm not cm. sorry for frightening you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Congrats Amit

Seems like its not really a small DIY but nevertheless looks like the effort is worth it all.

So when can you order the next lot? Let us all know, we will pay you first then you order them.

Looking forward to get this mod done for my car
next time if you want at the exact proper prices and not like what i paid the dealer will order directly the MGP parts from his distributor. so that the prices will be less. but it will take some 8 days or so. if its urgent then the same has to be ordered from mumbai.
please confirm who all want and what way.
techno if you want a demo give me a call. its worth the effort i took. you too can easily do the DIY now.
Old 8th June 2009, 09:47   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post

next time if you want at the exact proper prices and not like what i paid the dealer will order directly the MGP parts from his distributor. so that the prices will be less. but it will take some 8 days or so. if its urgent then the same has to be ordered from mumbai.
please confirm who all want and what way.
techno if you want a demo give me a call. its worth the effort i took. you too can easily do the DIY now.
Sorry, was not connected so could not reply all these days.. Great Job Amit..

I guess we can easily wait for a week to get the quality MGP from the distributor. What say guys? And please let me know how should we pay you?
Old 8th June 2009, 12:29   #108
Senior - BHPian

I was silently following this thread thinking of posting after i finish the job. Well, the job is not fully complete now because i wasn't able to get the striker latch last week. Anyways, i went ahead and fixed the lever and cable on Sunday.

Lever
Remote Boot Opener in ALTO LXi - Edit: Info on Pg 3 & 8 and a Detailed DIY on pg 13-07062009945.jpg

Cable
Remote Boot Opener in ALTO LXi - Edit: Info on Pg 3 & 8 and a Detailed DIY on pg 13-07062009947.jpg

Fixed lever with cables attached,had to tear some 5 cms of flooring fabric(note that both cables run through the same port)
Remote Boot Opener in ALTO LXi - Edit: Info on Pg 3 & 8 and a Detailed DIY on pg 13-07062009948.jpg

Cable routed under the flooring fabric and received at the right side rear
Remote Boot Opener in ALTO LXi - Edit: Info on Pg 3 & 8 and a Detailed DIY on pg 13-07062009949.jpg

Cable routed behind rear seat.
Remote Boot Opener in ALTO LXi - Edit: Info on Pg 3 & 8 and a Detailed DIY on pg 13-07062009950.jpg

End of the cable received near the striker latch
Remote Boot Opener in ALTO LXi - Edit: Info on Pg 3 & 8 and a Detailed DIY on pg 13-07062009951.jpg

End result of partial(Vxi striker latch yet to be procured) DIY
Remote Boot Opener in ALTO LXi - Edit: Info on Pg 3 & 8 and a Detailed DIY on pg 13-07062009952.jpg
Remote Boot Opener in ALTO LXi - Edit: Info on Pg 3 & 8 and a Detailed DIY on pg 13-07062009953.jpg

Last edited by badboyscad : 8th June 2009 at 12:31.
Old 15th June 2009, 10:17   #109
BHPian

A small update. Have ordered the required parts through Sai Service deccan. Will be mostly getting them today. Will update once received.

Amit, I will not be needing the parts now it seems, please remove my name(s) from the list. Thanks for your extended support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
Sorry, was not connected so could not reply all these days.. Great Job Amit..

I guess we can easily wait for a week to get the quality MGP from the distributor. What say guys? And please let me know how should we pay you?
Old 16th June 2009, 14:04   #110
BHPian

Remote Boot Opener for WagonR?

Hi,

Can we use the same DIY for WagonR as well ?

Anyone tried it before ?
Old 16th June 2009, 15:41   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
A small update. Have ordered the required parts through Sai Service deccan. Will be mostly getting them today. Will update once received.
Okay, got the required parts today. Total cost Rs.186/- Sai Service guy required around 3 hours to complete the work, dint had so much of time at disposal, so the fitting mostly will happen on week-end.

One more query, how much labor cost did you guys pay? I got an estimate of around Rs.450/- which sounds steep..
Old 16th June 2009, 15:57   #112
Senior - BHPian

This estimate is over & above the price of the parts i.e. only for labor ?
Old 16th June 2009, 15:58   #113
BHPian

Quote:
This estimate is over & above the price of the parts i.e. only for labor ?
Estimate is only for the labor.. Parts have already been bought from them..
Old 16th June 2009, 16:03   #114
Senior - BHPian

are they ready to hand over the parts to u? if so why dont you go to some local mechanic give him around 150 rs ?
the standard labor charges at MASS is high considering the skilled labor and 3 man hours
Old 16th June 2009, 16:09   #115
Senior - BHPian

Cyclops could you also provide the cost break up for parts as its different from what Amit had posted.

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th June 2009 at 16:10.
Old 16th June 2009, 17:15   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
are they ready to hand over the parts to u? if so why dont you go to some local mechanic give him around 150 rs ?
the standard labor charges at MASS is high considering the skilled labor and 3 man hours
I have already bought the parts and they are with me. Initially he did not agreed to it, and was referring me to go to their retail outlet somewhere in Rasta Peth, but I insisted and got em..

Even I was thinking on similar lines, there's this Shetty's Maruti Service very close to my place, maybe I'll approach them to install..

Quote:
Cyclops could you also provide the cost break up for parts as its different from what Amit had posted.
The cost break-up with the exact part nos. is as follows,

83310M76G50 ---> Lever ---> Rs. 41.95/-
83350M79G20 ---> Cable ---> Rs. 92.68/-
82650M79G00 ---> Striker ---> Rs. 31.05/-
Gross Total ---> Rs. 165.68/-
Add Taxes ---> Rs. 20.71/-
Net Total ---> Rs. 186.00/-

This would be useful for all of us for procuring the right parts.

I have noticed one thing, the MRP mentioned on these parts covers is a bit higher than the actual invoiced cost. Even if we go by MRP the cost comes around Rs. 230/-

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th June 2009 at 12:13. Reason: Cable part number corrected :)
Old 16th June 2009, 17:29   #117
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Cyclops.

I too plan to buy these from Sai, anyone particular did you contact? Could you please let me know details, I plan to go there this week to order my set & if you dont mind will quote your instance if they resist

I want to get this done soon.
Old 16th June 2009, 18:55   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Cyclops.

I too plan to buy these from Sai, anyone particular did you contact? Could you please let me know details, I plan to go there this week to order my set & if you dont mind will quote your instance if they resist

I want to get this done soon.
You're most welcome techno..

I placed the order and received the parts from one guy named Amit at the spares shop. There was one mechanic named Arun who helped me identify the correct part nos. from the service manual, but that process wont be required now.

I don't mind at all but don't know whether quoting my instance would be of any help as he does not even knows my name (unnamed invoice). I would suggest you first start afresh and then if required quote my instance..

The contact no. for the spares shop is 020-41401160

EDIT: I guess you stay close to Aundh, can you recommend any reliable workshop where I can get the fitting done? Or if you are getting the ordered parts before weekend, we can club the visit to the workshop.

Last edited by cyclops : 16th June 2009 at 18:59.
Old 16th June 2009, 19:09   #119
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Dude

Yeah would not mention your instance unless really needed but I think they might just know after looking at part numbers

Once I get the parts I may try to get it fitted by "Tune UP Plus" guys in Baner where I get my car serviced. Although they too may charge similar to M.A.S.S. guys as they are also an Authorized service center.

I think we should find some normal car mech shop as they should be able to do this at cheaper rates.

Btw how long did it take for your parts to arrive?

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th June 2009 at 19:10.
Old 16th June 2009, 19:20   #120
BHPian

Quote:

I think we should find some normal car mech shop as they should be able to do this at cheaper rates.

Btw how long did it take for your parts to arrive?
Hmm.. In that case I'll check out with the couple of workshops near my place..

I had ordered the parts on Saturday and they were made available on Monday.

Luckily the parts were available at Sai Service's wagholi godown, hence got em pretty fast. If they have more in stock, you'll get em in 2 days..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks